Despite bible thumpers whining we keep finding transitional fossils

But! We all inherited the original sin ,in our flesh!

Per your faith, yes. That's fine insofar as one agrees that it is really just limited to YOUR faith.

Personally I think it's a great metaphor for our imperfection as limited physical beings and our penchant for occasionally giving free reign to our worse aspects of our personality.

But I can also see some people feel it is a very corrosive philosophy.

Fake news. This is closer to the truth:
2-creation-museum-exhibit-jim-west.jpg

And we know this because even those people who have a direct line to God, the most pious among us, the people who quote the Bible in their sig files, the people who claim to know the Truth often are sometimes some of the most appalling people you will ever meet.

It just goes to show that humans suck and all religion does for some people is to make them worse people.

There's nothing in religious faith that keeps one from doing whatever evil is truly in their heart, and there's nothing in atheism to keep one from doing whatever good is in their heart and vice versa.
You just locked yourself into another paradox, Sybil.
You cannot argue both sides of a paradox.

Usually the request for a transition fossil by creationists is a very dishonest game. Because for every transitional fossil that is shown (eg the ones @Cypress mentioned for cetaceans or tiktallik or <insert any of a couple thousand examples here>) the creationist comes back and demands transitional fossils between the transitional ones. It's a dishonest game of whack-a-mole.

But no one actually expects Creationists to be honest in the debate.

Either Creationists need to drop this silly demand which they never accept anyway or they need to just let us know they have no interest in actually getting any answers. They know what they want to be true so every bit of evidence to the contrary is simply ignored.
There is NOTHING that makes any fossil 'transitional'. Your artificial assignments are meaningless.
Your "evidence" is nothing more than your religion.

That is the joy of not being in someone else's sect or religion.
But you are.
It is possible to simply ignore the mandates of that religion's philosophies and since religion ultimately has little to no connection to the real world it doesn't really make any difference if you don't accept "original sin".
Buzzword fallacy (real). You don't the meaning of that word and you have no idea how it's defined.

Sorry, but YOUR problem with English is YOUR problem, Sybil.

But you are.

Buzzword fallacy (real). You don't the meaning of that word and you have no idea how it's defined.

Sorry, but YOUR problem with English is YOUR problem, Sybil.

You're really getting dull today. I suggest you take the meds the doctor prescribed. You are starting to annoy people.

Per your faith, yes. That's fine insofar as one agrees that it is really just limited to YOUR faith.

Personally I think it's a great metaphor for our imperfection as limited physical beings and our penchant for occasionally giving free reign to our worse aspects of our personality.

But I can also see some people feel it is a very corrosive philosophy.
Death is a corrosive event.
You can't escape it.

You a Creationist now? Figures.
So you subscribe to the Theory of Abiogenesis.

This theory states that life originated on Earth through a series of random unspecified events.

Just one small problem with that:

Let's say that this theory is True, and somehow a living cell developed from nonliving material.

Now you have a problem. What's it going to eat? That cell must gain sufficient energy to divide, or it dies.
A single cell cannot absorb energy directly, so what's it going to eat?

Back