Despite bible thumpers whining we keep finding transitional fossils

Jews don't have original sin thing that is a xtian invention

Judaism rejects the idea of original sin. Judaism teaches that humans are born pure and have free will to choose between good and evil. People have the ability to avoid sin and its negative consequences, and goodness is possible, though sometimes difficult. Judaism also doesn't believe that human nature is permanently tainted by original sin.

Saint Augustine (354-430) was the first theologian to teach that man is born into this world in a state of sin. The basis of his belief is from the Bible (Genesis 3:17-19) where Adam is described as having disobeyed G-d by eating the forbidden fruit of the tree of knowledge in the Garden of Eden. This, the first sin of man, became known as original sin.

Many Christians today, particularly members of the Anglican, Roman Catholic, Lutheran, Methodist, and Presbyterian Churches, subscribe to this belief. They maintain that the sin of Adam was transferred to all future generations, tainting even the unborn. Substantiation for this view is found in the New Testament (Romans 5:12) where Paul says, "Wherefore as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned. By one man's disobediance many were made sinners."

Christianity believes that only through the acceptance of Jesus the man god that the "grace" of G-d can return to man. A Christian need only believe in Jesus to be saved; nothing else is required .

I have problems with the doctrine of original sin and am more aligned with the Judaism teaching.

This is why I dislike Christianity. It’s negative.

Why can’t we start from the premise that humans are good, but we can fail to meet the mark at times. This would make it easier to live your enemy because you would understand that there is good in all of us.

It’s why I’ve rejected Christianity, and its guilt and negativity.
Don't confuse organized religion with a personal relationship with Jesus

because it is obviously a false premise........

And we know this because even those people who have a direct line to God, the most pious among us, the people who quote the Bible in their sig files, the people who claim to know the Truth often are sometimes some of the most appalling people you will ever meet.

It just goes to show that humans suck and all religion does for some people is to make them worse people.

There's nothing in religious faith that keeps one from doing whatever evil is truly in their heart, and there's nothing in atheism to keep one from doing whatever good is in their heart and vice versa.

Fake news. This is closer to the truth:

Usually the request for a transition fossil by creationists is a very dishonest game. Because for every transitional fossil that is shown (eg the ones @Cypress mentioned for cetaceans or tiktallik or <insert any of a couple thousand examples here>) the creationist comes back and demands transitional fossils between the transitional ones. It's a dishonest game of whack-a-mole.

But no one actually expects Creationists to be honest in the debate.

Either Creationists need to drop this silly demand which they never accept anyway or they need to just let us know they have no interest in actually getting any answers. They know what they want to be true so every bit of evidence to the contrary is simply ignored.

I didn’t, you can believe that if you wish, but it’s not my guilt trip

That is the joy of not being in someone else's sect or religion. It is possible to simply ignore the mandates of that religion's philosophies and since religion ultimately has little to no connection to the real world it doesn't really make any difference if you don't accept "original sin".

Back