DEUTSCHLAND!!!!

Just a quick update.

Paul is correct once again. Germany defeating the cheating Uruguayan people 3-2 (coming back from 2-1 down).

The probability of Paul's predictions currently stands at 1.56% (yes, this is what i have become)

If, as seems quite probable, Spain win the World Cup, Paul's prediction probability will be 0.7%. I'm hoping Holland win but if Spain do emerge triumphant i shall not be disappointed as my head says "Spain, you spaz!" and i'm hoping Paul keeps his record going.
Yes, what we've learned is that octopi know their football...

Yes, what we've learned is that octopi know their football...
Does that surprise you? Hey look at all the flopping they do? Yesterday I saw several times where the referee about blew up cause one player touched the other player with his pinkie finger in passing and that player immeadiatly flopped on the ground and had a grand mall seizure. I mean that crap sure doesn't help soccer's reputation for being a weenie sport.

Does that surprise you? Hey look at all the flopping they do? Yesterday I saw several times where the referee about blew up cause one player touched the other player with his pinkie finger in passing and that player immeadiatly flopped on the ground and had a grand mall seizure. I mean that crap sure doesn't help soccer's reputation for being a weenie sport.

Soft Spanish ponce. :D

Last edited:
Yea.......all the play acting and flopping and when a guy commits a real foul they don't call it!

I tell you. FIFA's officials could learn a lot by studying major league baseball umpires. There the best officials in profesional sport. They'd put a stop to that flopping and cry baby acting crap in a New York minute bu tossing their asses out of the game. The one Dutch player who got the yellow card for yelling at the official should have had his ass tossed out of the game too. I understand he was pissed at a blown call but if you yell at the official and disrupt the game, you get tossed.

What did Paul say about the frickin' floppin' Italians last World Cup?

Yea.......all the play acting and flopping and when a guy commits a real foul they don't call it!

I tell you. FIFA's officials could learn a lot by studying major league baseball umpires. There the best officials in profesional sport. They'd put a stop to that flopping and cry baby acting crap in a New York minute bu tossing their asses out of the game. The one Dutch player who got the yellow card for yelling at the official should have had his ass tossed out of the game too. I understand he was pissed at a blown call but if you yell at the official and disrupt the game, you get tossed.

If FIFA would simply allow post match video reviews of incidents and hand out a few bans it would all stop overnight.

Unfortunately FIFA do not like change, unless they can make massive amounts of cash from it.

What did Paul say about the frickin' floppin' Italians last World Cup?
Beats me. I don't think Octopuses have lips..or maybe Paul was still just a twinkle in his daddy's eyes 4 years ago. Yea I remember that too. It certainly hurts the sports reputation here in the US. I can remember the 06 WC finals and thinking, Wow, what a bunch of pussies.

If FIFA would simply allow post match video reviews of incidents and hand out a few bans it would all stop overnight.

Unfortunately FIFA do not like change, unless they can make massive amounts of cash from it.
They don't even have to do that. Just red card their asses and the shit will stop. I don't have a problem with officials fucking up (within reason. Officials are going to make mistakes and if they make to many of them, you fire them.). Instant reply calls ussually cause more problems then they solve by screwing up the flow of the game so I dont have a problem with not allowing reviews. We've done it in American Football and by and large it hasn't worked. I just take officiating mistakes philosophically. It's just part of the game. You never know which way the ball will bounce.

But stopping misbehavior by atheletes is easy. Toss them from the game if they flop or are disrespectfull to an official or otherwise disrupt the game.

In major league baseball if a player curses and an umpire hears it. He's thrown out of the game. If he argues with an official, he's thrown out of the game. If he disrupts play, he's thrown out of the game. If he cheats, he's thrown out of the game. The line is real clear and if you cross it, you get tossed. I dont' see why FIFA can't do that either?

Last edited:
They don't even have to do that. Just red card their asses and the shit will stop. I don't have a problem with officials fucking up (within reason. Officials are going to make mistakes and if they make to many of them, you fire them.). Instant reply calls ussually cause more problems then they solve by screwing up the flow of the game so I dont have a problem with not allowing reviews. We've done it in American Football and by and large it hasn't worked. I just take officiating mistakes philosophically. It's just part of the game. You never know which way the ball will bounce.

But stopping misbehavior by atheletes is easy. Toss them from the game if they flop or are disrespectfull to an official or otherwise disrupt the game.

In major league baseball if a player curses and an umpire hears it. He's thrown out of the game. If he argues with an official, he's thrown out of the game. If he disrupts play, he's thrown out of the game. If he cheats, he's thrown out of the game. The line is real clear and if you cross it, you get tossed. I dont' see why FIFA can't do that either?

I hate all the play acting. I'm not saying the English leagues are free from it but it is not tolerated as much as it is elsewhere by the fans. If players can get away with it they will and it's easy to say - "just red card them" for diving but in many cases it is very difficult for the refs to differentiate a bad tackle from a clever dive. Once a ref makes the slightest mistake the press are all over them, they are dropped from a tournament (or suspended for a period in domestic leagues). Moreover, several sending offs tends to ruin games for the crowd and the watching audience.

Most people say they support say instant red cards for swearing at a ref but when it happens to their side they suddenly change their tune. Neither FIFA nor the domestic Football Associations would have the balls to back a crackdown which, for the first few weeks would see three or four men sent off in most games as there would likely be vociferous criticism from fans and the press, threatening advertising revenues.

I hate all the play acting. I'm not saying the English leagues are free from it but it is not tolerated as much as it is elsewhere by the fans. If players can get away with it they will and it's easy to say - "just red card them" for diving but in many cases it is very difficult for the refs to differentiate a bad tackle from a clever dive. Once a ref makes the slightest mistake the press are all over them, they are dropped from a tournament (or suspended for a period in domestic leagues). Moreover, several sending offs tends to ruin games for the crowd and the watching audience.

Most people say they support say instant red cards for swearing at a ref but when it happens to their side they suddenly change their tune. Neither FIFA nor the domestic Football Associations would have the balls to back a crackdown which, for the first few weeks would see three or four men sent off in most games as there would likely be vociferous criticism from fans and the press, threatening advertising revenues.
They do that too here cause Umpires in baseball, as in any othe sport, make mistakes. Major League Baseball has always been very consistent about backing up their Umpires and protecting them from these sort of pressures for the sake of the integrity of the game.

I do see your point though. It would be much easier to do this in the Premier League then in FIFA which strikes me as smelling of a corrupt rotting corpse. I had one friend describe FIFA as the worlds largest sports kleptocracy. He may be right.

Motherfuckin' FIFA has gone and blocked out the video! This is the last straw!! Someone give those bastards a red card!!!

Fixed...for now.

They really are evil aren't they. They make about a billion quid from this tournament and they're bothered about a 30 second clip.

Fixed...for now.

They really are evil aren't they. They make about a billion quid from this tournament and they're bothered about a 30 second clip.

:clink:

I couldn't quite understand what that announcer was saying, but while watching the game yesterday, they expressed their surprise that the "kung fu" kick didn't get the fellow red-carded.

Back