Did you ever get an Apology?

Did you ever receive an Apology?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 100.0%

• Total voters
The sky is falling, eh chicken little?

We could see a short term dip, but the long term rewards would be worth it, namely the maintenance of freedom on earth.

Hey I was not one running around like Chicken little over WMDs, Mushroom clouds, fight em over ther instead of over here....

I am also not the one running around crying about a great consipiracy taking over the world. Now that is Lame ;)

Ohh It is easy to stay on topic with you taking over the world thing. The Invasion of Iraq was a part of that plan....

But all manufacturing jobs aren't going to cuban slave labor, and the u.s. middle class is not being decimated by cuba.

Your globalist lies are wearing thin, mason.
When did I say the middle class would be decimated by such things? Mixing arguments up is sad indeed. At least pay attention to who is saying what.

In Cuba, the embargoes simply made it easier for Castro to strengthen his power. In China, the same type of effect...

We can at least learn from the past rather than be doomed to repeat it.

Hummm...!

When did I say the middle class would be decimated by such things? Mixing arguments up is sad indeed. At least pay attention to who is saying what.

In Cuba, the embargoes simply made it easier for Castro to strengthen his power. In China, the same type of effect...

Stealing from 'Mark Twain' "History does not repeat it'self it just Rhymes!"

I'm curious though when did we embargo China???

I'm not mixing up arguments, I'm adding a new one. My concern is not really the welfare of the chinese people. My concern is the "race to the bottom" condition which occurs when other workers are forced to compete with slave labor. We should not accept slave labor in the civilized world.

Castro may have increased his power, but global labor markets were not ruined in the process. The infection was contained within cuba.

Talk to the Republicans and Corpies AHZ, I don't think many liberals will disagree with you on the lowering of wages competing with "slave" labor elsewhere in the world. Just look at which groups are prospering off of world trade and which ones are not....

Talk to the Republicans and Corpies AHZ, I don't think many liberals will disagree with you on the lowering of wages competing with "slave" labor elsewhere in the world. Just look at which groups are prospering off of world trade and which ones are not....

Groups?

So which democrat is against importing chinese slave labor goods? I must have missed it.

Stealing from 'Mark Twain' "History does not repeat it'self it just Rhymes!"

I'm curious though when did we embargo China???
That's the "learn from history" part. Such an embargo in other areas of the world simply did not perform to what it was proposed for. Unless the people themselves, like in South Africa, want it all it ends up doing is unnecessarily punishing the very people you are attempting to 'save'.

Yeah as AHZ types away on this mostly Chinese computer calling for a boycott of China :)

Just a ban on any good made with slave labor. Damn the consequences. The world can pick up the slack. Maybe other people will get jobs too.

Why are you so pro-totalitarianism? Think for the long term of humanity, instead of for the short term of your portfolio, you selfish homunculus.

Hummm...

That's the "learn from history" part. Such an embargo in other areas of the world simply did not perform to what it was proposed for. Unless the people themselves, like in South Africa, want it all it ends up doing is unnecessarily punishing the very people you are attempting to 'save'.

Well to be honest I am for a severe embargo(Imports) on China for food products as well as many other products of inferior quality...they may be cheap...but damn they will kill ya physically as well as financially in the long haul...The food products do not come close to safe standards...and the electronic as well as other products have a "Short" shelf life...this means ya have to repurchase them over and over again...not what I call cost effective...!

We are in a disposable society Battle...From bottled water to cameras, disposable....
PC's are not even supposed to last but maybe 3 years....

Back