Does the cosmos have a reason?

Agreed. Mathematical order and lawful organization doesn't just pop into existence out of chaos or nothingness. It seems like it would require some type of underlying rational organizing principle.

I hadn't heard of this biocentric theory, but it seems to dovetail with some interpretations of quantum mechanics.
lawful organization?

it is what it is.

your totalitarianism is showing dipshit.

The sky is blue because atmospheric nitrogen and oxygen molecules scatter the blue frequencies of the visible light spectrum, in accordance with the laws of physics
ok.

that's science.

not legality.

I know it's called a "law" of science. but that's a misnomer.

its actually just a fact, not a law.

I suspect that people may WANT the Cosmos to have a reason
in order to believe that they themselves have a reason.

My own take is that if the Cosmos does indeed have a reason to exist,
I don't recognize it,
and I'm strongly suspicious of anybody who claims to recognize it.

Theorizing about it is an acceptable endeavor
if one draws any satisfaction from it.

For me, there is less stress in being totally indifferent to it.

I'm comfortable believing that the one, all-encompassing universe
is a random manifestation, the beginning of which is not understandable.

Subjectively, however, I suspect it was a bad break for most.
How many lives actually have rewards that adequately compensate the travails?
The ones that don't are a net-negative experience by definition.

I don't recognize it,

yes.

self-delusion is often preferable to the truth.

copium.
PHPCU-06.jpg

that's science.

not legality.
I know it's called a "law" of science. but that's a misnomer.
its actually just a fact, not a law.

A law, a rational intelligibility, a mathematical organization.... whatever, call it what you want. The bottom line is the universe is organized on mathematical principles and rational order.
A genius like Einstein said that the most incomprehensible thing about the universe is that it is comprehensible.

If you knew a little bit of high school or college level physics, chemistry, & biology, the world probably wouldn't seem so magical and inexplicable to you.

there's no law that the sky is blue.

its just blue.

A law, a rational intelligibility, a mathematical organization.... whatever, call it what you want. The bottom line is the universe is organized on mathematical principles and rational order.
A genius like Einstein said that the most incomprehensible thing about the universe is that it is comprehensible.

If you knew a little bit of high school or college level physics, chemistry, & biology, the world probably wouldn't seem so magical and inexplicable to you.
no.

it's that math can used to be used to describe and quantify aspects of reality.

there's a word games aspect to this.

but beyond that, there's a real discussion....

which is......

does math dictate reality or just Desribe some it's traits?

answer: it just describes some of realities traits, and it's not a prime cause of anything.

I don't recognize it,

We actually almost could have just stuck with the Medieval principle that the Earth was the center of the universe about with the sun and planets rotated. Ptolemy's theory of epicycles worked perfectly well to predict the seasons and the agricultural and ecclesiastical calendar. It wasn't true, but it worked quite well in principle for predicting the things humans needed.

In a certain sense, it doesn't matter to a peasant, a car mechanic, a farm hand if the Earth is the center of the universe or not.

no.

it's that math can used to be used to describe and quantify aspects of reality.

there's a word games aspect to this.

but beyond that, there's a real discussion....

which is......

does math dictate reality or just Desribe some it's traits?

answer: it just describes some of realities traits, and it's not a prime cause of anything.
You don't want it to matter because you don't seem to have ever advanced through any science classes in high school or college.
You are taking the self-centered approach.

mathematics is just a descriptive symbolic language that has some predictive value, but does not organize reality.
Explain why planets, atoms, galaxies, energy, stars organize themselves in very specific quantized patterns and designs in the absence of mathematical laws of physics.

The sky is perceived to be blue because atmospheric nitrogen and oxygen molecules scatter the blue frequencies of the visible light spectrum, in accordance with the laws of physics
And our eyes perceive it by a common part of the spectrum we call blue. Dogs, literally, don't see it that way. :)

Dog eyes and perception are more "mission specific" as night hunters. Human eyes and perception are more general use.

Perception being the mental process of defining what is seen. Example: Fredo sees a globalist Jew in every cloud, normal people just see clouds.

Dogs honed their senses as night hunters, often needing to track and capture prey in the dark hours. Therefore, over time their eyes adapted to see better in low light and catch movement more effectively.

Canine eyes are better equipped for hunting at night because they have a larger lens and corneal surface, as well as a reflective membrane called a tapetum that enhances night vision. They also have more rods in the retina, which improves low-light vision.

The retina is not only responsible for color perception, but also the key difference in how dogs and people see colors.

And our eyes perceive it by a common part of the spectrum we call blue. Dogs, literally, don't see it that way. :)

Dog eyes and perception are more "mission specific" as night hunters. Human eyes and perception are more general use.

Perception being the mental process of defining what is seen. Example: Fredo sees a globalist Jew in every cloud, normal people just see clouds.

Dogs honed their senses as night hunters, often needing to track and capture prey in the dark hours. Therefore, over time their eyes adapted to see better in low light and catch movement more effectively.

Canine eyes are better equipped for hunting at night because they have a larger lens and corneal surface, as well as a reflective membrane called a tapetum that enhances night vision. They also have more rods in the retina, which improves low-light vision.

The retina is not only responsible for color perception, but also the key difference in how dogs and people see colors.
Nice.
Yes, it's a philosophical question if the shade "blue" really exists objectively and independently apart from the quantum physics of the cones in our eyes and how our mind processes that signal into a mental picture.

As far as the question Fredo asked, it obviously never occurred to him to ask why we see the sky as blue. It might as well have been magic to him.

Nice.
Yes, it's a philosophical question if the shade "blue" really exists objectively and independently apart from the quantum physics of the cones in our eyes and how our mind processes that signal into a mental picture.

As far as the question Fredo asked, it obviously never occurred to him to ask why we see the sky as blue. It might as well have been magic to him.
it's not a law, was the point.

there's no law that the sky is blue, just like there's no law you're an idiot.

some things just are.

there are reasons for things, none of them are laws.

Back