Does the cosmos have a reason?

Explain why planets, atoms, galaxies, energy, stars organize themselves in very specific quantized patterns and designs in the absence of mathematical laws of physics.
You are making every possible effort to make sense of the Universe ,without admitting that there is intelligent design behind it!
You're failing miserably .

Nice.
Yes, it's a philosophical question if the shade "blue" really exists objectively and independently apart from the quantum physics of the cones in our eyes and how our mind processes that signal into a mental picture.

As far as the question Fredo asked, it obviously never occurred to him to ask why we see the sky as blue. It might as well have been magic to him.
That gets into the quantum physics thing again; aren't all things just waves or particles? The spectrum of radiation exists along with that part human agree is "blue", but how different living creatures perceive it, if at all, varies.

For example, we can't see x-rays or into the infrared with our eyes but those wavelengths most certainly exist, if too much of either, they can kill mammals.

Agreed on Fredo. He's lonely for attention but has problems staying focused on anything other than Jews, people of color and "globalists".

You are making every possible effort to make sense of the Universe ,without admitting that there is intelligent design behind it!
Please define "intelligent design". What is the nature of the intelligence and the designer?

You'll say "God", but that's a guess. A belief. Both @Cypress and myself understand it's unknown factually, but both believe there's something there spiritually.

Not deflection, a direct answer to the question you asked. It's not up to me to fix your questions.

Now you are asking a different question.

It seems to me that a rationally lawful universe requires a law-giver, whatever that may be.
"Whatever that may be"? What do you think
" that may be"?

We actually almost could have just stuck with the Medieval principle that the Earth was the center of the universe about with the sun and planets rotated. Ptolemy's theory of epicycles worked perfectly well to predict the seasons and the agricultural and ecclesiastical calendar. It wasn't true, but it worked quite well in principle for predicting the things humans needed.

In a certain sense, it doesn't matter to a peasant, a car mechanic, a farm hand if the Earth is the center of the universe or not.
what's it matter to you?

Explain why planets, atoms, galaxies, energy, stars organize themselves in very specific quantized patterns and designs in the absence of mathematical laws of physics.
I’ll give it a shot.
Because mathematical laws of physics are a description of the observable. Their organization came before the description.

I’ll give it a shot.
Because mathematical laws of physics are a description of the observable. Their organization came before the description.
Our solar system didn't organize itself until five billion years ago.

The universe and the laws of gravity existed 13 billion years ago.

Your post is saying that the laws of gravity and motion didn't exist before the Earth, planets, and sun established themselves in precise orbital dynamics.

I'm saying our solar system was dynamically organized as it is because of preexisting laws of motion and orbital mechanics.

I'm willing to believe a rational organizing principle underlies the universe.
I'm not willing to say I know it to be the God of Abraham.

You should be able to accept that response without getting angry and agitated.

Who's angry and agitated? "Rational organizing principle"? What does that even mean?

Back