Drugs can help you understand philosophy

Why not to do acid...

I've done acid. It was fun...usually...but it didn't help me understand the world I live in.

The disappointing thing here is that Philosophy used to be considered a rigorous course of instruction, now it's just for dopers who think they'll get an easy A by getting high and being an edgelord.

I've done acid. It was fun...usually...but it didn't help me understand the world I live in.

The disappointing thing here is that Philosophy used to be considered a rigorous course of instruction, now it's just for dopers who think they'll get an easy A by getting high and being an edgelord.

Syd Barret, one of the great musical minds, was screwed up on acid.

Rodgers said ayahuasca helped him win back-to-back MVPs after experiencing a down year by his high standards in 2019.

“You know, it’s going to be hard to cancel me, because, you know, the previous year, 26 touchdowns, four interceptions. We had a good season. Ayahuasca, 48 touchdowns, five interceptions, MVP. What are you going to say?” he said.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...p-rodgers-says-psychedelics-helped-nfl-career

You didn't want to answer my last very easy question so I'll ask another:

Is Lucifer the Devil?

This is a yes or no question. If you can't answer this then Philosophy isn't your bag.

Drugs can help you understand philosophy

No they can't. The problem with drugs is eventually you sober up and when you do you don't have whatever insight you thought you had before. You're not as interesting as you think you are.
Are you a crystal meth user, Gullie? I can see how some drugs are mind-opening and others are simply oblivion. There's a reason why most neo-Nazis and White Supremacists are meth and heroin users, not LSD, NO2 or mushroom users.

Syd Barret, one of the great musical minds, was screwed up on acid.

Syd Barret, as talented as he was, was also mentally ill. Probably schizophrenic. Like many mentally ill people, he attempted to self-medicate. In his case, with LSD, which only made things worse.

Is there any doubt that Mason is mentally ill? That his excessive use of "gummies" is not a proper treatment? TOP and Hawkeye with alcohol?

Why not to do acid...

once or twice is one thing. Daily is not good.

The whole point of one's early 20s is to explore the world. Some drug use for mind-expansion is common. Habitual use is detrimental to the person.

Most people here have read stories about young pot uses having psychotic breaks due to "modern" pot which is several times more powerful than 1970s pot. Pot doesn't cause schizophrenia or psychotic breaks, but it can accelerate those who are already genetically susceptible to the mental disease.

You didn't want to answer my last very easy question so I'll ask another:

Is Lucifer the Devil?

This is a yes or no question. If you can't answer this then Philosophy isn't your bag.

Yes. Lucifer, the Devil, Satan, the Father of Lies are all the same entity God created as his main angel.

Why did God create Satan, Gullie?

Syd Barret, as talented as he was, was also mentally ill. Probably schizophrenic. Like many mentally ill people, he attempted to self-medicate. In his case, with LSD, which only made things worse.

Is there any doubt that Mason is mentally ill? That his excessive use of "gummies" is not a proper treatment? TOP and Hawkeye with alcohol?

He had a history of mental illness. He did two albums solo, but they didn't go anywhere. He had issues until his death.

Mason? He's a fruitcake. As for the "gummies," I hope he isn't driving. TDAK would have a shit fit.

once or twice is one thing. Daily is not good.

The whole point of one's early 20s is to explore the world. Some drug use for mind-expansion is common. Habitual use is detrimental to the person.

Most people here have read stories about young pot uses having psychotic breaks due to "modern" pot which is several times more powerful than 1970s pot. Pot doesn't cause schizophrenia or psychotic breaks, but it can accelerate those who are already genetically susceptible to the mental disease.

I had my fun when I was younger. I also kept my priorities in order.I wouldn't even drink coffee 3 days before a rifle match.

Weed from the 70's and 80's was pretty good. Red Tip was $35 an oz. I can't recall anyone who went crazy from it.
I guess there are those who can't survive without it, but I'd say that is depression.
Those who use it for pain, use it sparingly.
I have 30mg Immediate Release Oxycodone for pain. I haven't taken one in months.

What does philosophy have to do with religious mythology?

That's actually a good question. That was a trap you didn't fall for. It has nothing to do with it. However, you seem to think drug use has something beneficial to add to philosophy. It doesn't. So, if you don't like my reasoning you need to be able to defend your reasoning.

I've asked this before with various wording but the question remains the same...how could drug use help you understand the natural world? That's what philosophy is all about after all. You've refused to answer all iterations of this question. If you don't want to play why jump in the sandbox?

Back