Economy added 169k jobs in August as the recovery grinds along

The participation rate is going to continue to plummet.
Boomers are retiring.
You genx slackers are going to pay way more for
Healthcare
Retirement

Here is a stat for ya sugar tits.

When the GOP last controlled Congress and the White House, the unemployment rate was 4.5% and the deficit was $150 billion.

That's a fact jack

and we were talked into a devastating war with lies from our government.

We're seeing a fair number of the new jobs being created are part-time. Is that something that will disappear when the economy really turns around or is that going to be a staple of our economy going forward for the foreseeable future?

By what metric are you considering we're heading in the right direction? (that's not to say we aren't but I was just curious what you are looking at)

For this op, the jobs numbers; but real estate is also picking up even in my area, which is a good sign (I just hope it doesn't overheat again)

For this op, the jobs numbers; but real estate is also picking up even in my area, which is a good sign (I just hope it doesn't overheat again)

(To preface this is not intended as a gotcha question or trying to lead up to me saying "this is Obama's fault". I'm looking strictly at the numbers and what's going on)

Obviously positive job growth is better than no or negative job growth. But leaving the obvious aside how many years will we be headed in the 'right direction' before job growth actually reaches the necessary levels to really bring unemployment down?

(To preface this is not intended as a gotcha question or trying to lead up to me saying "this is Obama's fault". I'm looking strictly at the numbers and what's going on)

Obviously positive job growth is better than no or negative job growth. But leaving the obvious aside how many years will we be headed in the 'right direction' before job growth actually reaches the necessary levels to really bring unemployment down?

Economist are predicting 2014 will be a good year, the best in a long time.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/06/24/news/economy/economy-recovery-2014/index.html

Same question I asked TK, by what metric are you considering we're heading in the right direction? (that's not to say we aren't but I was just curious what you are looking at)

The jobless rate is coming down and the number of newly hired continues to rise.

We're seeing a fair number of the new jobs being created are part-time. Is that something that will disappear when the economy really turns around or is that going to be a staple of our economy going forward for the foreseeable future?

It's probable that many of those part time jobs will be converted to full time.

The jobless rate is coming down and the number of newly hired continues to rise.

The jobless rate came down because of the number of people who left the workforce. That's not a good thing.

'The nation has averaged 148,000 new jobs a month for the last three months. The number was 160,000 for the last six months, and 184,000 a month over the last year.'

That is not a number that is rising.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...the-headline-this-was-a-very-bad-jobs-report/

I thought the unemployment rate had been coming down for a couple years now.

The jobless rate came down because of the number of people who left the workforce. That's not a good thing.

'The nation has averaged 148,000 new jobs a month for the last three months. The number was 160,000 for the last six months, and 184,000 a month over the last year.'

That is not a number that is rising.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...the-headline-this-was-a-very-bad-jobs-report/

Are you really going to claim that the only reason unemployment came down is because of people who left the workforce?

yeah, yeah, yeah, we know. OBOMBA is perfect and those darned GOP types are fucking him all up.

No stupid, Obama is not perfect:

But

The neocon/teabagger GOP is indeed fucking us all up with their publicly stated agenda to stonewall and discredit the President at every turn....economy and the American public be damned.

Back