Fascism or Democracy.

Correct. You claimed to know that he ACTUALLY planned a riot, not rally.

12:00​

President Trump begins his speech to supporters in Washington. Some 15 minutes into it, he starts urging them to converge on the Capitol.
"I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard," he said.

The Capitol Building was closed and Trump knew that. Voices heard? Literally impossible. Congressmen testified they had no idea they were outside and heard nothing until they broke into the building.

12:53​

As the president speaks, a crowd outside the Capitol is swelling. They begin marching towards the police barrier and get past officers. The police, outnumbered, try to contain them.
Trump supporters wield flags and weapons. One man stands on a makeshift gallows, complete with a noose. The crowd chants: "Fight for Trump."

13:10​

Mr Trump ends his speech with the words: "We fight. We fight like hell and if you don't fight like hell, you're not going to have a country anymore. So let's walk down Pennsylvania Avenue."

Shortly afterwards a Capitol police officer calls for backup.

"They're throwing metal poles at us," he says. "Multiple law-enforcement injuries," he adds in a panicked voice.

Capitol police send an evacuation warning.

Last edited:

12:00​

President Trump begins his speech to supporters in Washington. Some 15 minutes into it, he starts urging them to converge on the Capitol.
"I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard," he said.

The Capitol Building was closed and Trump knew that. Voices heard? Literally impossible. Congressmen testified they had no idea they were outside and heard nothing until they broke into the building.
Peacefully and patrioticly doesn't sound like violent riot to me. Does it to you?

13:10​

Mr Trump ends his speech with the words: "We fight. We fight like hell and if you don't fight like hell, you're not going to have a country anymore. So let's walk down Pennsylvania Avenue."

Shortly afterwards a Capitol police officer calls for backup.

"They're throwing metal poles at us," he says. "Multiple law-enforcement injuries," he adds in a panicked voice.

Capitol police send an evacuation warning.

As Ive said, many politicians use words like fight, battle, war etc. For that matter, so do professional sports coaches.

Yes. How was holding a rally going to influence the certification of the Electoral College?
It wouldn't. You asked what people hoped to accomplish. I'm speculating that some people there thought they could stop certification. They were clearly misguided, but that doesn't mean they can't think something. I mean, anyone who believes the election was stolen is misguided, but that doesn't mean they don't legitimately believe it.

Last edited:
It wouldn't. You asked what people hoped to accomplish. I'm speculating that some people there thought they could stop certification. They were clearly misguided, but that doesn't mean they can't think something. I mean, anyone who believes the election was stolen is misguided, but that doesn't mean they don't legitimately believe it.
How did they expect to stop the certification?

"Trump supporters wield flags and weapons. One man stands on a makeshift gallows, complete with a noose. The crowd chants: "Fight for Trump."
Again....who can you prove Trump was working with, when did he tell them to attack the capitol? Either you can or you can't. Absolutely nothing you've provided so far comes anywhere close.

Back