Fixing the cruise control !

Don't be such a stick-n-the-MUD!

It shows he has a lot of common and typical manliness, Yankee ingenuity, and tries to be helpful to others.

You should try a little of that yourself. And so should J.D. I think. It would do a lot to change people's opinions of J.D. in a positive way. He just seems all too sissy-like to me.

If a man hasn't ever rebuilt an engine, or changed out the brakes on a vehicle, I don't have much respect for them.
He also hews to the radical Left and on big ticket items fucks things up royally because of that. And yes, I can work on my vehicles, have owned heavy construction machinery and serviced it, and design and build my own house.

Driving a stick gives me a better understanding of how fast I am going. And makes it tougher to steal the car, because many drivers cannot drive a stick shift anymore.

At the dealership, the guy who normally drive the new car around to you could not drive stick. The manager of the dealership was the only person who felt comfortable driving a stick shift.

Nobody else in my family is willing to drive stick, so it is 100% mine.
That's all I had until recently. Ford will put a standard transmission in a $90,000 Mustang, but not in a F150/250/350

All manufacturers are assholes. This might be the last year that VW condescends to allow a standard in the entry level Jetta. I have a '15 CC with low mileage (my third vehicle) with a 6 speed standard. It's a real joy.

I prefer the standard transmission in my truck both for pulling, and for snowy conditions as well.

All manufacturers are assholes.

He also hews to the radical Left and on big ticket items fucks things up royally because of that. And yes, I can work on my vehicles, have owned heavy construction machinery and serviced it, and design and build my own house.
That's all good manly things T.A.! I'm impressed.

But, to say he caters to the radical left and fucks things up is a bit radical in itself.

He has a lot of admiration from his own students and athletes, and the people of his state think he is a good leader and governor!

And I agree, from what I know of him.

That's all I had until recently. Ford will put a standard transmission in a $90,000 Mustang, but not in a F150/250/350

All manufacturers are assholes. This might be the last year that VW condescends to allow a standard in the entry level Jetta. I have a '15 CC with low mileage (my third vehicle) with a 6 speed standard. It's a real joy.

I prefer the standard transmission in my truck both for pulling, and for snowy conditions as well.

Before his current car (Mazda) Mr. Owl had a BMW with a stick. It was a joy to drive. I loved that car. Sadly they don't make that model anymore with a standard transmission.

You can order a standard in a Ford truck if you want.
Ford decided to make a lot of changes to their F series trucks years ago to go after the female market , putting in Auto transmissions and conveyance things and since then they have had the best selling Truck , its like 40 years now.
Even in the F250/350 work trucks.
Have a nice day

You can order a standard in a Ford truck if you want.
Ford decided to make a lot of changes to their F series trucks years ago to go after the female market , putting in Auto transmissions and conveyance things and since then they have had the best selling Truck , its like 40 years now.
Even in the F250/350 work trucks.
Have a nice day
You cannot get a standard transmission in any truck smaller than a 1 ton or larger. In '05 I had to move up to a 2500 to get a standard transmission, but even now they won't do it.

That said, the auto transmissions are as efficient as the standard transmissions, but they don't perform the same. I have a 10 speed transmission in my F150, and it's ok but NOT the same in the snow. I keep good tires on it, and the 4wd is fine, but I'd rather have the standard. Especially for towing.

Before his current car (Mazda) Mr. Owl had a BMW with a stick. It was a joy to drive. I loved that car. Sadly they don't make that model anymore with a standard transmission.
There are fewer and fewer customers who want a standard transmission every year. As such, every manufacturer offers cookie cutter vehicles that increase profits, but do not give the consumer any choices. There are a handful of performance vehicles that will offer it, but they are few and far between.

The fact that you can't get one in a work vehicle is a travesty.

You cannot get a standard transmission in any truck smaller than a 1 ton or larger. In '05 I had to move up to a 2500 to get a standard transmission, but even now they won't do it.

That said, the auto transmissions are as efficient as the standard transmissions, but they don't perform the same. I have a 10 speed transmission in my F150, and it's ok but NOT the same in the snow. I keep good tires on it, and the 4wd is fine, but I'd rather have the standard. Especially for towing.
Well I was in talking to a FORD salesman about a month ago and he said I could order one if II wanted, but then started talking about the ease of an auto, and that it would take a long time to come in .
But he sounded like I could get one.

Well I was in talking to a FORD salesman about a month ago and he said I could order one if II wanted, but then started talking about the ease of an auto, and that it would take a long time to come in .
He might have been new, or was just lying? Trust me. I've always built my new trucks. They don't offer a standard. The base price used to include a standard transmission, with an auto costing thousands more.

Now...if you spend 100k on a car they might. The mustang has it available.

He might have been new, or was just lying? Trust me. I've always built my new trucks. They don't offer a standard. The base price used to include a standard transmission, with an auto costing thousands more.

Now...if you spend 100k on a car they might. The mustang has it available.
I don't know .
I am thinking about one of those Mavericks . cool little Truck.
and to let you know I am partial to the F series Trucks , I made the Rocker panels for them for 17 years,

Ford does not offer a manual transmission for the F series pickups, Tball.

Back