Florida's Schedule

So you are basically saying Tebow doesn't have talent because he hasn't had a pro career yet? Okay, I understand now. You're still wrong!
No, I'm just saying he's got a long ways to go before he's a football god. Don't put word in my mouth.

Paul Brown wasn't the greatest coach in the history of the sport. He was a good coach, and made great contributions to the sport, especially the pro level of the sport. I take nothing away from his greatness, but I will not crown him God of all things football like you have.

Saban is on the brink of doing something no coach has ever done in the NCAA. If he does it, he will have done something Bear Bryant never did, or any other coach, including Paul Brown. Still, I wouldn't proclaim Saban a God, he's just really good.

Another problem I have with your perspective and love affair with Brown, it ignores the relativity of the times. Brown was great in his day, but was he as great as Vince Lombardi in his day? Was he as great as Bill Walsh in his? Red Auerbach in his? John Wooden in his? It also presumes there is automatically something that makes your coaching abilities better if you are coaching a professional team and not a college team. I think I can make the case they are two entirely different sports and require different coaching skills to be successful. How many college coaches fail at the pro level? How many pro coaches drop down to college and never live up to expectations?

The thing is, you want to strong arm your opinion in here as fact, and it will not be allowed. If you want to think Paul Brown is the greatest coach in history, that is fine, it's your opinion and I won't deny you that. But you don't get to proclaim this as gospel and carve it in stone for the rest of the world to accept as fact. Other people have other opinions, and they can make a case for their opinion just as good as your case for Brown.

Dixie, Paul Brown was the greatest coach in the history of the sport. No coach did as much to impact the game, and how it's taught, coached and played nor has any coach won the championships at all levels as Brown did. No one in football history comes even close to Brown and anyone who knows anything about football knows that.

Compare Lombardy to Brown? Well Lombardy can't even be mentioned with Brown as a strategist and tactics. Remember Lombardies "Run to Daylight" trap blocking? A Paul Brown Inovation. Ever hear of the West Coast Offense? Another Paul Brown innovation. Want to talk about class room training, studying films, playbooks, modern training practices, strength and conditioning training, modern protective equipment? Paul Brown innovations! What did Lombardy do?

Want to talk championships. Lombardy won 5 professional championships. Brown won 7 professional championships, won 6 consecutive state championships in Ohio in one of the greatest high school dynasty's ever (Massilon Tigers) and won the National Champioship in college at Ohio State a coaching career that we interupted by WWII where Brown dominated service academy competition at Great Lakes Naval Station.

Considering his seminal influence in how the game is played not to mention being the only person to win championships in high school, college and pro football, there leaves little room for argument.

Well but of course Mott, there is never any argument with you! We should all learn to just accept whateverthefuck your opinion is, and be done with it! No need in arguing with you, because your opinion is just right, the sooner the rest of us realize, the better we will all get along.

I'm not saying Brown wasn't great or didn't make monumental contributions to the sport, but the subject of "greatness" as a coach, is highly subjective... that means it is based on individual perspectives, there isn't a definitive 'right' answer. There is no "Rule Book of Gods" which lays out the criteria that must be met in order to be considered a God. People have their opinions, and most of the time, can make a case for what they believe. It's not saying you don't have a valid point about Brown being great, or even a God, but to claim he is the only one who has met the mythical criteria of such a consideration, is stubborn, narrow-minded, and futile.

Well, sorry, but Kentucky, Miss St., and Vandy are not gimme games. Let's see USC travel to Starkville, MS and endure the ever-ringing cowbells! Vandy and Kentucky are ALWAYS a threat, because they have nothing to lose and everything to play for when they face an Alabama or Florida. People forget, but Alabama had to kick a last-second 52 yd. field goal to beat Vandy in 2006. In 1996, it was a 17-16 loss to Miss St. which prompted Coach Stallings to resign. The WORST in the SEC are usually capable of giving the top teams fits, and usually do.

I think I understand "the whole of college football" as much as you do, we are both passionate and partisan. You don't have any greater "insight" than me, you just see it from another perspective. Did you realize, Alabama has won a national championship in every decade for the last century, except the 1950s? This year is our last chance for this decade, and I think the boys at Bama are on a mission, and will not be denied. Lot's of football left to play though... it seems like if we beat Florida, they should just let that be it for us! We shouldn't have to play yet another game, but that is how it goes.

And as proof just watch yesterdays LSU game

You know what else is really funny, is that Ole Miss could get a better bowl bid than LoSe U
Well neither one will get a BCS bid and Ole Miss beats LSU in tie breakers and with contractual obligations for bowl games Ole Miss will more then likely represent the SEC as their #3 team and LSWho will be #4. With the #2 SEC just about a lock for a BCS game and with Iowa probably getting a BCS Bid, Ole Miss will probably play PSU in the Citrus Bowl and LSWho will play Northwestern in the Outback Bowl. If The Mildcats beat the Tigers poor Topper will have to go into hiding! LOL

Anyoe want to take bets as to whether Meyer will put Carlos Dunlap on the bench for his arrest? Or will he play him regardless?

Bama has zero BCS trophies and got raped by Utah, that's what's funny

The BCS has been around for what, 10 or 12 years?

And if you want to make fun for us losing to Utah, the same team that did that kicked LSWho's ass last year and this year. So that puts your team where?? Lets see, Bama ended the season at #4 in the BCS rankings. Where was LSU again? Oh thats right, they weren't even in the top 25 at the end of the season.

I guess this year is better though. LSWho has managed to stay in the Top 25 for a little longer. They are ranked #13 in the BCS rankings and Bama is #2.

What was it you said about Mott? When his teams lose he starts talking about academics?

And when LSWho loses, you start talking about history?

Lsu is the top program this dEcade. U talk trash bout lsu I'm bringing it

Decade schmecade, who gives a shit what you did 7 or 8 years ago.

Where are you now? What did you do last year? Bama has kicked bayou ass for the last two years. Thats what counts now.

What bowl are you going to? A major BCS bowl or just some also-ran bowl?

You talk shit about Bama and I'm bringing it too.

LSU won 4 bowl games in a row. Bama got raped in both their bowl and the sec championship last year. So if your bringing up what's funny about lsu I think those bama facts are hillarious. Let's see if u can make it 1 in a row so you trash talk can match the checks ur team can't cash. Piece

LSU won 4 bowl games in a row. Bama got raped in both their bowl and the sec championship last year. So if your bringing up what's funny about lsu I think those bama facts are hillarious. Let's see if u can make it 1 in a row so you trash talk can match the checks ur team can't cash. Piece

What bowl were you in last year? Of course you won. You played an ACC team. And the more you talk trash about Bama, the more you talk trash about your own team. Bama has whipped LSWho for the last 2 years.

I don't know why you started this shit, but getting hostile because your team has slipped out of relevance is childish.

What bowl were you in last year? Of course you won. You played an ACC team. And the more you talk trash about Bama, the more you talk trash about your own team. Bama has whipped LSWho for the last 2 years.

I don't know why you started this shit, but getting hostile because your team has slipped out of relevance is childish.

I think you started by saying it was funny that LSwhat ever.

We are the TOP BCS program, you got rapped by Utah last year and La Monroe the year before.
They put up a sign saying what goes throught Louisiana Monroe "Not Bama"

We are the TOP BCS program, you got rapped by Utah last year and La Monroe the year before.

There hadn't been anything written in this thread in a week, and then I posted a comment about the DB from FL who got arrested.

And you go off on your rant.

Who won the Bama/LSU game last year? Who won the game this year? LSWho lost 5 games last year, and then beat the "also ran" team from the ACC. They weren't even the ACC champs.

I'm a bit dissapointed. I wanted to see LSWho play the mildcats but with Ole Miss dropping their last game it looks like LSWho will be playing Penn State. As long as it's not officiated by the SEC (not that the SEC officials would cheat, it's just god knows what asinine calls they would make) PSU shouldn't have to much trouble. LSWho hasn't done to well against defenses of PSU's caliber.

I'm a bit dissapointed. I wanted to see LSWho play the mildcats but with Ole Miss dropping their last game it looks like LSWho will be playing Penn State. As long as it's not officiated by the SEC (not that the SEC officials would cheat, it's just god knows what asinine calls they would make) PSU shouldn't have to much trouble. LSWho hasn't done to well against defenses of PSU's caliber.

I am looking forward to Bama renewing our rivalry with Penn State. Those were some excellent games, back in the day.

"We are the TOP BCS Program"? I didn't know you live in Fla, are we neighbors?

Right becasuse Ohio slow's d is so tuff

Back