Florida's Schedule

personally I'd like to see an 8 seeded playoff using the current bowls as the starting point.
Most people would prob agree that even though we'd argue a bit who's 8th not many 9th's and below are beating the eventual champion.
But the big fairness points are many 3 thru 6's would.

Just hang on for 15 more days and you will see the #1 team get beaten.

You better hope so, I know you have a big belly but you can't eat a bowl of crow as big as you've laid out.

P.S. God is 2-0 in Championship Games:good4u:

Big belly? lol

Hell, not you too.

Its not about eating crow. Its about faith in your team. And if you are referring to Saban, isn't he 2-1 in conf. championships? And he is 0-1 at Bama.

personally I'd like to see an 8 seeded playoff using the current bowls as the starting point.
Most people would prob agree that even though we'd argue a bit who's 8th not many 9th's and below are beating the eventual champion.
But the big fairness points are many 3 thru 6's would.
I woudln't have a problem with that. In fact I think you've hit the formula. Give an automatic bid to the Big 6 conference champs with two at large bids with automatic qualifying rules for non-big 6 conferences for those at large bids if they meet those criteria (win conference, top 12 ranking, 9 wins or more, etc.). Use the traditional BCS Bowls (Rose, Orange, Fiesta, Sugar) for the first round then a semi-finals round and a championship game. For all intents and purposes it would be like adding 2 more games (the semi finals round) to the present BCS format. This could be a working formula.

Last edited:
Semis Orange Bowl, Rose bowl
Championship were the most super bowls have been played in the best Party Town in the country
Superdome

Semis Orange Bowl, Rose bowl
Championship were the most super bowls have been played in the best Party Town in the country
Superdome
NO WAY!!! They need to play the national championship game at a location where there's no possibility of a team having a homefield advantage in a national championship game.

I would suggest Ann Arbor. :)

Tebow is God
Saban can only correctly be referred 2 as an LSU God.

Miles needs to be slapped for the way he coached that game. No one knew what the hell was going on? That was one of the most pitiful displays I have seen in an SEC game.

Hell there not even professionals. Nick Saban couldn't tie Paul Brown's shoe and Tim Tebow is no Joe Montana, at least not yet.

Well that's because Paul Brown is dead and his shoes are rotten by now. Comparing Tebow to Montana now, is just silly and stupid, Tebow has yet to have a pro career... let's make this comparison in 15 years or so... it might be valid then.

Well that's because Paul Brown is dead and his shoes are rotten by now. Comparing Tebow to Montana now, is just silly and stupid, Tebow has yet to have a pro career... let's make this comparison in 15 years or so... it might be valid then.

This is very true. Put down the crack pipe Mott. If I can rep Dixie for this pwnage, it will have been the second time today that I repped someone for pwning Mott.

That's the point Dixie. How can he be a football God when he hasn't even had a pro career yet? My other point on Saban is that a coach who barely has 100 wins in college hardly compares to the greatest coach in the history of the sport, let alone "A God". Hell, Saban's got a looooooooong ways to go to even begin to walk in Bears shadow, let alone be a football god.

Sheeesh, Topper and his hyperbole! LOL

Haha... Pac 10 killed it today. Oh I'm sorry the SEC kids played several Division II teams. Bitches.
Yea, I think everyone outside the SE has to agree that top to bottom the Pac 10 is the best conference this year. Having said that, Bama or Florida would mop the floor with the PAC10's best.

That's the point Dixie. How can he be a football God when he hasn't even had a pro career yet? My other point on Saban is that a coach who barely has 100 wins in college hardly compares to the greatest coach in the history of the sport, let alone "A God". Hell, Saban's got a looooooooong ways to go to even begin to walk in Bears shadow, let alone be a football god.

Sheeesh, Topper and his hyperbole! LOL

So you are basically saying Tebow doesn't have talent because he hasn't had a pro career yet? Okay, I understand now. You're still wrong!

Paul Brown wasn't the greatest coach in the history of the sport. He was a good coach, and made great contributions to the sport, especially the pro level of the sport. I take nothing away from his greatness, but I will not crown him God of all things football like you have.

Saban is on the brink of doing something no coach has ever done in the NCAA. If he does it, he will have done something Bear Bryant never did, or any other coach, including Paul Brown. Still, I wouldn't proclaim Saban a God, he's just really good.

Another problem I have with your perspective and love affair with Brown, it ignores the relativity of the times. Brown was great in his day, but was he as great as Vince Lombardi in his day? Was he as great as Bill Walsh in his? Red Auerbach in his? John Wooden in his? It also presumes there is automatically something that makes your coaching abilities better if you are coaching a professional team and not a college team. I think I can make the case they are two entirely different sports and require different coaching skills to be successful. How many college coaches fail at the pro level? How many pro coaches drop down to college and never live up to expectations?

The thing is, you want to strong arm your opinion in here as fact, and it will not be allowed. If you want to think Paul Brown is the greatest coach in history, that is fine, it's your opinion and I won't deny you that. But you don't get to proclaim this as gospel and carve it in stone for the rest of the world to accept as fact. Other people have other opinions, and they can make a case for their opinion just as good as your case for Brown.

I watched the overtime of that game. It was sad for ND.

Anyone want to hire Charlie? He will be needing a job soon.
So who will ND hire to replace him? No way Stoops or Meyer are gonna jump ship. My guess is Kelly or Gruden. Gruden say's he's happy at ESPN, and I don't doubt that but who's he kidding? I bet he jumps at the chance to coach Notre Dame. Personally, I'd go with Kelly.

Back