Forum Alert! ... Forum Alert! ...

I loved all of those private eye shows, like Rockford, Simon & Simon, Mannix, and Cannon. My first one, when very, very young, was, 77 Sunset Strip. All of the classic television private eyes carried snub-nosed .38's. I do too. Thanks for listening.

Dang, you is old. I respect you though. Yes, an improper sentence.... But you're to old to care.... :D

So ... when is the Second Referendum vote going to be coming up?
Hey, Jack...I don't know why they don't "get you"...lol:laugh:
How are things in your part of this wonderful world? I was just watching part of the NOLA Queen concert one of our friends posted on FB...You missed a good one;)

Hey, Jack...I don't know why they don't "get you"...lol:laugh:
How are things in your part of this wonderful world? I was just watching part of the NOLA Queen concert one of our friends posted on FB...You missed a good one;)

Well, here in Sauna City ... it is hot, wet, and muggy. :)

Jack misses a lot. Let's see, biggest thing here is ... my granddaughter moving to Texas to be with her rich in-laws. :)
She picked out a 'Stationary set' on Amazon that I sent her. So she could practice the lost Art of Letter Writing. Then, I picked out a bunch of eclectic designs, cut them out, arranged them on plain white typewriter/Printer paper, and created some 'Custom' and 'Personalized' stationary she could check out and do herself. Had a gold monogram in the left hand top corner. Looked very 'regal'. Had a 'From the Desk of ________' at the bottom in a 'chalkduster' font. Looked very 'cool'. One with a Border, another with a 'Freehand' name (good for correspondence with kids her own age), then another with the 'From the Desk of ________' at the top in a 'script' lettering style that was kind of 'Calligraphic'. Very elegant.
The next day I sent her a roll of Stamps (along with my stamp dispenser that cost a dime at the Post Office years ago, but now cost 5 Dollars on Amazon), a bottle of 'White Out', and Scotch tape. :)

She's creative and likes to do stuff like that. I thought it might be fun for her to do on some rainy day or lazy weekend.

So? How about you? Still involved in swimming?

Well, here in Sauna City ... it is hot, wet, and muggy. :)

Jack misses a lot. Let's see, biggest thing here is ... my granddaughter moving to Texas to be with her rich in-laws. :)
She picked out a 'Stationary set' on Amazon that I sent her. So she could practice the lost Art of Letter Writing. Then, I picked out a bunch of eclectic designs, cut them out, arranged them on plain white typewriter/Printer paper, and created some 'Custom' and 'Personalized' stationary she could check out and do herself. Had a gold monogram in the left hand top corner. Looked very 'regal'. Had a 'From the Desk of ________' at the bottom in a 'chalkduster' font. Looked very 'cool'. One with a Border, another with a 'Freehand' name (good for correspondence with kids her own age), then another with the 'From the Desk of ________' at the top in a 'script' lettering style that was kind of 'Calligraphic'. Very elegant.
The next day I sent her a roll of Stamps (along with my stamp dispenser that cost a dime at the Post Office years ago, but now cost 5 Dollars on Amazon), a bottle of 'White Out', and Scotch tape. :)

She's creative and likes to do stuff like that. I thought it might be fun for her to do on some rainy day or lazy weekend.

So? How about you? Still involved in swimming?
You're a good grandpa...She's going to love the special creations you made for her...Handwritten communication is priceless...I still have a box of letters and cards from three generations...I never tire of going through that box...;)
I'm good...always busy with sumthin... Team Swimming is up in the air as it is every year...we'll see...It's a funding thing....They've got someone willing to coach, though:) (I still swim but not as much as I should...I've been biking lately...I'll up the days in the pool in the late fall/winter...

Heheheheh... he would if he could access them! He definitely fantasizes about me, Christiefan, Phantasmal, and other women who disagree with him. Toxic Top shared at least one of my FB pics with her Cabal of Cunts on Amazon; I still have the posts gloating about it. Since then I've made my profile as private as FB allows -- and blocked her years ago as well. Of course, not knowing Jackass's real name, he could easily snoop mine out given that his butt-buddy Toxic shared my profile with him. Don't care. He hates his superiors. Especially those of us who happen to be female. But yeah, be careful about your real ID.

The name "Jack" suits him well, lol.

OK. It was just a suggestion. Just because it is allowed in the Code Book doesn't mean it is the best option.

Yet before you touted it as a mistake. :nono:

It was a good decision for me, for the reasons stated previously. If you want to design and build your own home then do so. I won't be commenting on it.

I'm not. I got a 30 day ban for a comment that was questionable, at best. I did my time and came back and didn't bitch about it. Water under the bridge.

I now simply question the fact that I got 30 days for the first offense and Jack gets 30 days for his third. That, and I posted that comment in the morning, I
come back in the mid afternoon to find I'm banned. Pretty damn fast to have a "meeting of the minds," don't ya think?
And who squealed on me? I have no clue and don't care, but there sure had to be a hell of a lot of PM's flying to be banned that quickly.

Haven't you been bitching about it in this thread?

:bigthink:

California,expensive,fires,earthquakes,pollution,
traffic,crime,Yurt.
Who would want to live there!

Northern California doesn't have any of that shit. But they lack the freedom that I enjoy every day because of the steaming mass of liberals in SoCal.

I lived in a similar situation in Upstate NY decades ago. The urban counties down state fuck it all up.

Northern California doesn't have any of that shit. But they lack the freedom that I enjoy every day because of the steaming mass of liberals in SoCal.

I lived in a similar situation in Upstate NY decades ago. The urban counties down state fuck it all up.

My BFF lives in Northern California,she spent last summer locked in the apartment with an air purifier ,from smoke from the fires,a few counties away.

*giggle snort* "Yes, I'll just park right here in front of this apartment building and slouch down in my seat.... no one will ever notice me!"

If you like Magnum as your hunkster then you would like Aidan Turner as Ross in Poldark, a Masterpiece Theater production available on Amazon Prime.

Me, I like his former love interest Heida Reed as Elizabeth- a stunning beauty. I've been binge watching for two weeks.

My BFF lives in Northern California,she spent last summer locked in the apartment with an air purifier ,from smoke from the fires,a few counties away.

Well there's that then too. I have friends in central Oregon, same situation. Here in the Blue Ridge Mountains, God's Country, He blesses us with plentiful rain. Most of the Left Coast is high mountain desert, relatively.

Yet before you touted it as a mistake. :nono:

It was a good decision for me, for the reasons stated previously. If you want to design and build your own home then do so. I won't be commenting on it.

I've designed and built a couple of Homes I've lived in. So I'm familiar with the 'decision making' process.
I'm not sure I used the word 'mistake'. Comfort, ease, safety, are all issues you have to confront.
I believe you made the decision on a high Entry Step because of snow and a storm door. I complimented you on at least thinking about the situation. Looking back, you may realize that the 'snow event' may only occur one month out of the year. The other 11 months now involve a high Entry Step that is uncomfortable and could be a hazard for children and the Elderly. I suggested a remedy of a 'portable Entry Platform' that could cut the step height in half, making for a safer and more comfortable exit/entry. '3 foot by 4 foot and 4 inches (or whatever half the Height is)' as a Entry Platform you could screw down and leave for 11 months, then remove for the 'snow event'.

I LOVE comments from others. It gives different perspectives on your Design. Never hurts to get feedback.

Back