Forum Alert! ... Forum Alert! ...

Northern California doesn't have any of that shit. But they lack the freedom that I enjoy every day because of the steaming mass of liberals in SoCal.

I lived in a similar situation in Upstate NY decades ago. The urban counties down state fuck it all up.

Now you can prance around like Julie Andrews in the sound of music wearing your plaid skirts :palm:

Now you can prance around like Julie Andrews in the sound of music wearing your plaid skirts :palm:

You should be proud of your traditional ancestral dress.

article-2411491-1B9F2CFA000005DC-933_634x524.jpg

I've designed and built a couple of Homes I've lived in. So I'm familiar with the 'decision making' process.
I'm not sure I used the word 'mistake'. Comfort, ease, safety, are all issues you have to confront.
I believe you made the decision on a high Entry Step because of snow and a storm door. I complimented you on at least thinking about the situation. Looking back, you may realize that the 'snow event' may only occur one month out of the year. The other 11 months now involve a high Entry Step that is uncomfortable and could be a hazard for children and the Elderly. I suggested a remedy of a 'portable Entry Platform' that could cut the step height in half, making for a safer and more comfortable exit/entry. '3 foot by 4 foot and 4 inches (or whatever half the Height is)' as a Entry Platform you could screw down and leave for 11 months, then remove for the 'snow event'.

I LOVE comments from others. It gives different perspectives on your Design. Never hurts to get feedback.

It's only a problem for shorty guys and invalids, and neither is invited into my home.

It's only a problem for shorty guys and invalids, and neither is invited into my home.

OK. No problem. Here, i'll give you something I memorized years ago:

"A Man that Works with his Hands is called a Laborer.
A Man that Works with his Hands and his Mind is called a Craftsman.
A Man that Works with his Hands, his Mind, and his Heart ... is called an Artist".

:) I've worked around a lot of Architects, Engineers, and Tradesmen ... they ALL think of themselves as 'Artists'. :)

OK. No problem. Here, i'll give you something I memorized years ago:

"A Man that Works with his Hands is called a Laborer.
A Man that Works with his Hands and his Mind is called a Craftsman.
A Man that Works with his Hands, his Mind, and his Heart ... is called an Artist".

:) I've worked around a lot of Architects, Engineers, and Tradesmen ... they ALL think of themselves as 'Artists'. :)

But but but you claimed that I was lying about being an engineer...

But but but you claimed that I was lying about being an engineer...

I don't think you are an 'Engineer'.
Just your original denial of a 'Roman Arch' working under a compressive load was a Red Flag and gave you away.
Every Architect, Engineer, Designer, Craftsman, WANTS feedback of their Work. It is their Lifeblood.
You don't want any feed back. 'Engineers' NEVER do that.
You casually dismiss a 'possible hazard' as "It's only a problem for shorty guys and invalids, and neither is invited into my home." Real Engineers know their 'art' will outlast them. That home will be there for the next 100 years.
Now, to your credit, you did mention an exterior element that you brought into your home that was part of the window treatment. But ... I think you said that was your wife's idea, so ... I don't think that counts. :(

Hey, no biggie. It's an anonymous Chatroom, you can be anything you want. (Overall, the House looks great, you have a nice Home)

Always amusing when a liberal guy (I can hear your lisp with every word that you type) uses gay as an insult. :rofl2:

Always amusing when the truth hurts a right-wing goober (I can see the drool dripping off your chin with every word you type) so bad he considers it an insult. :rofl2:

Just your original denial of a 'Roman Arch' working under a compressive load was a Red Flag and gave you away.
Every Architect, Engineer, Designer, Craftsman, WANTS feedback of their Work. It is their Lifeblood.
You casually dismiss a 'possible hazard' as "It's only a problem for shorty guys and invalids, and neither is invited into my home." Real Engineers know their 'art' will outlast them. That home will be there for the next 100 years.
Now, to your credit, you did mention an exterior element that you brought into your home that was part of the window treatment. But ... I think you said that was your wife's idea, so ... I don't think that counts. :(

Hey, no biggie. It's an anonymous Chatroom, you can be anything you want. (Overall, the House looks great, you have a nice Home)

It's not his.

It's not his.

Hey. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Who cares? I don't have a problem with people here claiming to be 'Rocket Scientists' or 'Beauty Queens'.
It seems to be a Big Deal to DS. If it helps any --->I will NEVER believe DS is an 'Engineer'<---

An Engineer: 'Attention to Detail'. <---I can't stress how IMPORTANT this is in the Field of Engineering!
DS: 'Fuck the children and old people, ... that's THEIR problem'.

Pretty clear to me.

there was a time on this site that a very large portion of the right wing idiots were claiming to have a 160 IQ

they are sociopaths

sociopaths LIE all day long

I don't want any feedback from attention-starved dumbasses like you.

Back