Fred Thompson - TRIAL ATTORNEY

Funny, because most conservatives (especially those with strong religious convictions) I have met would applaud the fact of him and his wife having kids regardless of age. Not once have I ever encountered a conservative saying that someone was too old to have kids. I think you are making this shit up.

That's very true. In fact I knew a lefty who fretted about older people having kids because of health reasons. I don't know where Alex comes up with this stuff.

Well, that would be me. YOU seem to think the boar would have a shot at winning. Talk about being politically naive. :D

What will you do if Gore enters and wins? Because I am going to save this post of yours. It is looking like he's not going to enter, but I still have some hope. And if he did, and won, you know, again, you will have to deal with this post SF!

That's very true. In fact I knew a lefty who fretted about older people having kids because of health reasons. I don't know where Alex comes up with this stuff.

I just tell em like I heard em!

Now... I love how yall have all responded to the one thing you can try to call in question of all the things Ive said.

Not much responce about the guy being a Personal Injury and criminal defense attorney!!!?? I dident think so!

I hope its Thompson v. Edwards, that should nutrealize the Republicans biggest issue against Edwards!

From what I can tell, Edwards never represented a criminal.

What will you do if Gore enters and wins? Because I am going to save this post of yours. It is looking like he's not going to enter, but I still have some hope. And if he did, and won, you know, again, you will have to deal with this post SF!

IF that were to happen, I would fly to NYC and personally come to your work or establishment of your choosing and bend down and worship the ground you walk on.

Now... I love how yall have all responded to the one thing you can try to call in question of all the things Ive said.

Not much responce about the guy being a Personal Injury and criminal defense attorney!!!?? I dident think so!

You should look above and try reading more carefully. I stated twice that there is no way I would vote for Thompson.

IF that were to happen, I would fly to NYC and personally come to your work or establishment of your choosing and bend down and worship the ground you walk on.

Umm, I'm not really into that sort of thing, sounds like something more up Top's alley.

How about you just buy me a drink instead?

And does Fred Thompson fight against tort reform as Edwards does?
http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/01/16/bush.malpractice/

What outrages most people, not just Conservatives, is not trial lawyers in themselves but frivolous lawsuits and ridiculously high awards (like you got), which ultimately mean higher prices for the rest of us (ie: doctors charging more for healthcare due to medical liability insurance).

Jarod, did you see this? I posted this yesterday, it was buried on page 31 of the NY Times:

Thompson Linked to Work for Libyans
By JO BECKER

A little over three years after Pan Am Flight 103 blew up over Lockerbie, Scotland, Fred D. Thompson provided advice to a colleague about one of his law firm’s new clients: The man representing the two Libyan intelligence officials charged in the terrorist bombing.

The colleague, John Culver, a partner at the Washington firm of Arent Fox Kintner Plotkin & Kahn began advising the two suspects’ Libyan lawyer in February 1992. Mr. Thompson, according to a memorandum from that era written by his secretary, held “discussions with Culver re: Libya” that same month.

At the time, Libya was facing international outrage for refusing to comply with a United Nations demand that the two suspects be extradited to the West for trial in the 1988 bombing, which killed 270 people. Revelations that American firms were representing Libyan interests provoked a furor among the Pan Am victims’ families. Some law firms refused to represent the country or the suspects, while others withdrew

this is the one I just read about and could not believe!!!! I wonder why Fox isn't running this one into the ground. They would if it were Hillary!

Listening to the testimony on the Hill...I wonder if it will ever come out that Sadr is the actual leader in Iraq, and Malaki the US flunky who is powerless?

this is the one I just read about and could not believe!!!! I wonder why Fox isn't running this one into the ground. They would if it were Hillary!

Listening to the testimony on the Hill...I wonder if it will ever come out that Sadr is the actual leader in Iraq, and Malaki the US flunky who is powerless?

Oh if it was any Democrat, FOX would be running with it as their major story.

As to your second point, what do you think?! LOL No!

And does Fred Thompson fight against tort reform as Edwards does?
http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/01/16/bush.malpractice/

What outrages most people, not just Conservatives, is not trial lawyers in themselves but frivolous lawsuits and ridiculously high awards (like you got), which ultimately mean higher prices for the rest of us (ie: doctors charging more for healthcare due to medical liability insurance).

So its somehow less hypocitical to fight against something if you have made your welth off it!

Umm, I'm not really into that sort of thing, sounds like something more up Top's alley.

How about you just buy me a drink instead?

Well, that wouldn't cause nearly an amusing scene (think about it... white man on his hands and knees worshiping the ground a young black woman is walking upon, we could even bring up a few rednecks and watch their heads explode as they witnessed this).... but if you prefer a drink... so be it.

I'm amazed at the amount of negative to come out nearly immediately on a man who has barely announced his candidacy. Shoot, they're holding the pictures of Giuliani in drag for later... Why does the left fear this guy so much?

Why is this always the lame come back when the media posts the point of interest about a candidate?

News like the Lockerbee defense should come out when this candidate wants us to stay the course in Iraq and he is big on terrorism. He seems to be talking out both sides of his face!

Well, that wouldn't cause nearly an amusing scene (think about it... white man on his hands and knees worshiping the ground a young black woman is walking upon, we could even bring up a few rednecks and watch their heads explode as they witnessed this).... but if you prefer a drink... so be it.

What? Who told you I was black?

LOL SF, I'm white.

I never said you would.

I know you did not, but you implied that we wouldn't have a problem with Thompson being a trial lawyer. I was informing you that you are incorrect. While that is not the only reason I would not vote for him, it is one of them.

ummm... could've sworn YOU did. I admit, that makes it far less funny. Though the rednecks still might not like it.

I did? I'm laughing right now, but I can't believe I would have. I have claimed to be a lot of things though, just to be annoying, so it's possible. Oh that is so funny.

No, Italian/Irish.

Back