Gang Raped In Hell

I have always thought that serious sexual child abuse merits the death penalty.

Life in prison no parole. It serves to do 3 things better than death penalty.

1. perpetrator suffers more with life in prison
2. Cheaper than execution
3. The person is not dead if it is later determined that they are innocent.

QFT

all true, but my opinion stands.
With DNA testing and such the risk of false conviction is much less now.
And nothing is 100% in life except death.

Say it was your child would you want your tax dollars supporting the rapist of your child ?

I've gotta believe that any kind of proposal for life in prison in most of these cases would be met with overwhelming public support. I don't really understand why some of the sentences are so light, and why there are so many repeat offenders for this kind of crime. This is just one of those that there isn't a rationale on; once you commit a crime like that, you basically forfeit your right to live in a free society.

I can't stand Bill O'Reilly, but it's the one area I have to give him major kudo's on; he's on this stuff like a hawk...

Say it was your child would you want your tax dollars supporting the rapist of your child ?

The death penality costs more than prison, from what I have read. Because of the appeals process, which we must have. We see all the time, that even with that process, people are doing 20,25 years for crimes they did not commit.

So no matter what, your tax dollars are going to support him. That's the price we pay for living in a democracy.

I've read about cases, like that one where that 9 year old girl was raped, and then buried alive and found dead hugging her stuffed animal, where frankly, I just can't argue against the death penality though. I don't bother anymore.

Might cost more for the appeals but I sure don't wan't any of my money going to support trash like child predators.
I do not have a problem with my money going for appeals to prove their guilt or innocence.
A moral thing I guess.

I've gotta believe that any kind of proposal for life in prison in most of these cases would be met with overwhelming public support. I don't really understand why some of the sentences are so light, and why there are so many repeat offenders for this kind of crime. This is just one of those that there isn't a rationale on; once you commit a crime like that, you basically forfeit your right to live in a free society.

I can't stand Bill O'Reilly, but it's the one area I have to give him major kudo's on; he's on this stuff like a hawk...

The reason there are so many repeat offenders is BECAUSE the sentences are so light. You give them life w/o parole and they will never harm another child again. You also give them a cell mate named Bubba or Billy Bob that has a "special" attraction to them.

As for the DP... I personally support it, but do believe that anyone sentenced to the DP prior to the mid 90's should have the sentences changed to life. Simply because there have been too many instances of false conviction.

As for this particular case, I could not pull up the video and am only going by what has been posted. If someone forced a child to have sex with his mother... they die... in as painful a way as possible.

The death penality costs more than prison, from what I have read. Because of the appeals process, which we must have. We see all the time, that even with that process, people are doing 20,25 years for crimes they did not commit.

So no matter what, your tax dollars are going to support him. That's the price we pay for living in a democracy.

I've read about cases, like that one where that 9 year old girl was raped, and then buried alive and found dead hugging her stuffed animal, where frankly, I just can't argue against the death penality though. I don't bother anymore.

I think it should be reserved for cases like that, like Dahmer, like Bundy, Manson, McVeigh etc... and pretty much for anyone who commits an act like the one this thread was started about. I also say we change the "cruel and unusual punishment" part in cases like this to... "their death cannot take longer than 3 days"

Very good points.

Would it make me feel better to find out later that the person killed was the wrong one? Retribution may feel good, but it is not good policy.

It's all perspective. If my tax money is being spent to ensure that the offender will never see the light of day in the free world again, and never have a chance to commit another crime, that's fine by me...

I wouldn't let them work, their happiness means nothing to me.

I understand that the crime committed is extreme and the emotional response to that is to lash out at them. But instead, why not look at why these individuals do not respect human life. Do you believe it is impossible for them to become better people?

Secondly, if they were to become better people, they will always have trouble being happy once they understand the value of life and what kind of suffering they have put on others.

I would not give up on even the most offensive individuals, only because I know they have a mind, and a heart that pumps blood through their body. Somehow, they have been conditioned to not respect other humans, but I believe that could change if they were given proper direction, and it could take as much time as it took to condition them to think they way they do now.

I have met with many prisoners in my lifetime that have commited crimes at this level, though probably doesn't trigger the emotional response this one did. But, many have been able to be rehabilitated, and were very excited to meet me.

For the victims, they also may need some sort of coaching to understand the suffering they endured will make them stronger, not weaker. Hopefully, just the national response to this story will give them some closure, and make them see that other people care about them. I for one, was gifted with a smile on my face when the women said to her son that this does not matter, and they would do what they have to do because she loves him. What they had to do was sick, but that was an example of pure compassion for her son.

I understand that the crime committed is extreme and the emotional response to that is to lash out at them. But instead, why not look at why these individuals do not respect human life. Do you believe it is impossible for them to become better people?

Secondly, if they were to become better people, they will always have trouble being happy once they understand the value of life and what kind of suffering they have put on others.

I would not give up on even the most offensive individuals, only because I know they have a mind, and a heart that pumps blood through their body. Somehow, they have been conditioned to not respect other humans, but I believe that could change if they were given proper direction, and it could take as much time as it took to condition them to think they way they do now.

I have met with many prisoners in my lifetime that have commited crimes at this level, though probably doesn't trigger the emotional response this one did. But, many have been able to be rehabilitated, and were very excited to meet me.

For the victims, they also may need some sort of coaching to understand the suffering they endured will make them stronger, not weaker. Hopefully, just the national response to this story will give them some closure, and make them see that other people care about them. I for one, was gifted with a smile on my face when the women said to her son that this does not matter, and they would do what they have to do because she loves him. What they had to do was sick, but that was an example of pure compassion for her son.
I'm not "lashing out", they would never get out of prison in my system. The recidivism of these people have nothing to do with rehabilitation or jobs. They come from all walks of life and are not rehabilitated by any means known to man today.

It isn't emotion that makes me say that I care nothing for their happiness, or some sense of retribution. Just the fact that I know they will not be seeing the light of day other than through a prison window, were such smart legislation passed. I could care less if he gets to watch TV or work and if it makes him happy, so long as he can no longer harm children.

I'm not "lashing out", they would never get out of prison in my system. The recidivism of these people have nothing to do with rehabilitation or jobs. They come from all walks of life and are not rehabilitated by any means known to man today.

It isn't emotion that makes me say that I care nothing for their happiness, or some sense of retribution. Just the fact that I know they will not be seeing the light of day other than through a prison window, were such smart legislation passed. I could care less if he gets to watch TV or work and if it makes him happy, so long as he can no longer harm children.

Well, think of their effect on other prisoners within the system. Since they are not learning the value of human life and impacts of suffering, what kind of effect would they have on the rehabilitation of the individuals around them? It's easy to say just lock someone and throw away the key, but until the prison system is fixed itself, every individual within the walls of that prison will have some sort of impact on society.

Well, think of their effect on other prisoners within the system. Since they are not learning the value of human life and impacts of suffering, what kind of effect would they have on the rehabilitation of the individuals around them? It's easy to say just lock someone and throw away the key, but until the prison system is fixed itself, every individual within the walls of that prison will have some sort of impact on society.
There would be no individuals around them. There is no need to have them out of their cell for more than a half-hour a day. If it worked for Paris, it can work for them.

There would be no individuals around them. There is no need to have them out of their cell for more than a half-hour a day. If it worked for Paris, it can work for them.

No individuals? For that half-hour a day, who will be around them? If they constantly threaten the guards or prison workers and try and make life hell for them, how will the guards or prison workers respond to other inmates? Their moods will be effected and may decide to treat the other prisoners poorly because of it. Which in turn can effect their rehabilitation process and make them less receptive to the changes they need to make.

Yes I'd be more than happy to support his incarceration and suffering. Much better than paying more for his quick death.

No individuals? For that half-hour a day, who will be around them? If they constantly threaten the guards or prison workers and try and make life hell for them, how will the guards or prison workers respond to other inmates? Their moods will be effected and may decide to treat the other prisoners poorly because of it. Which in turn can effect their rehabilitation process and make them less receptive to the changes they need to make.
In Supermax there is no interaction with the guards allowed, nor with other prisoners. They exercise alone, and live alone. I do not believe that it is "unusual" to ensure they have no futher way to hurt another after harming a child.

Back