Happy Birthday James Baldwin

poet

Banned
http://yoloakili.com/2011/08/the-brilliance-of-baldwin-some-of-my-favorite-quotes-add-your-own/

tumblr_lhypgbW5po1qf8801o1_500.jpg

Quotes:

“Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.”

“I imagine one of the reasons people cling to their hates so stubbornly is because they sense, once hate is gone, they will be forced to deal with their pain. “

“People who treat other people as less than human must not be surprised when the bread they have cast on the waters comes floating back to them, poisoned.”

“Everybody’s journey is individual. If you fall in love with a boy, you fall in love with a boy. The fact that many Americans consider it a disease says more about them than it does about homosexuality. “

” There are so many ways of being despicable it quite makes one’s head spin. But the way to be really despicable is to be contemptuous of other people’s pain.”

“Every legend, moreover, contains its residuum of truth, and the root function of language is to control the universe by describing it.”

“Anyone who has ever struggled with poverty knows how extremely expensive it is to be poor.”

“It was books that taught me that the things that tormented me most were the very things that connected me with all the people who were alive, or who had ever been alive.”

“It is certain, in any case, that ignorance, allied with power, is the most ferocious enemy justice can have. “

“People pay for what they do, and still more for what they have allowed themselves to become. And they pay for it very simply; by the lives they lead. “

“You know, it’s not the world that was my oppressor, because what the world does to you, if the world does it to you long enough and effectively enough, you begin to do to yourself.”

Writer extraordinaire. Activist. Humanitarian. Intellectual. Brilliant. Hero.

The Following User Groans At poet For This Awful Post:
Zeus: King of the Gods (Today)

Why would you even bother to comment? I'm sure you only celebrate white people of note: Hitler, John Wayne Gacy, Henry Lucas, et al.

I groaned your post because I don't like you. You are a bigot as well as an asshole. Hell, you even had the nerve to suggest that I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth because I am white (after assuming I am white). You don't know shit about me or my life. But in your distorted view of the world, everything always seems to boil down to race...

Go fuck yourself.

I groaned your post because I don't like you. You are a bigot as well as an asshole. Hell, you even had the nerve to suggest that I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth because I am white (after assuming I am white). You don't know shit about me or my life. But in your distorted view of the world, everything always seems to boil down to race...

Go fuck yourself.
:fuckyeah:

I groaned your post because I don't like you. You are a bigot as well as an asshole. Hell, you even had the nerve to suggest that I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth because I am white (after assuming I am white). In your distorted view of the world, everything always seems to boil down to race.

Go fuck yourself.

Really? You don't know anything about me. I, on the otherhand, know that you are the farthest thing from "King of the Gods" that Earth has produced.. King of the Toadstools, King of the Aryan Nation, King of the Psychopaths, I would believe.
The fact that you presented yourself in such a fashion, spoke "volumes". Only a white person,.....a delusional white person would have the audacity to suggest that they were "Zeus, King of the Gods", a mythological figure, known for his misdeeds and "humanly failings" as much as Greeks contempt for him. Bigot? Asshole? Bitch, please...your issues are more serious than mine. You're crazy. And no one suggested you were "born with a silver spoon in your mouth".....you could have been born in a trailer park, but you still are afforded "white privilege", though you are perhaps the dumbest fuck in the trailer park.
In my distorted view of the world???????? After 58 years of being on this planet, I now see things more clearly, than at any other time in my life. And, indeed, everything does always seem to boil down to race.....................for a great many white people. I was taught to ignore race. So, if it hadn't been brought up first, I would have never commented. See how that works., Lightning bolt?

And no thank you....I'm spoken for.

It should now be evident to all that the one who calls himself "Poet" has no real argument; indeed, the only response he can muster up is a pathetic attack on my ethnic background and, hilariously, my username...

And get the fuck out of my thread, derailing it.

I'll do whatever the fuck I want, as this message board does not belong to you.

Look, I am the one who politely welcomed you to the site and expressed my interest in what you have to say. You are the one who injected race. As soon as I disagreed with you (specifically, your comment that conservatives should be exiled -- a conviction that you actually defended, and only abandoned once it occurred to you how ludicrous it is), you immediately accused me of being a white bigot. Interesting...

In case I haven't made myself clear, let me state it plainly: I don't owe you shit, asshole. Got it? Furthermore, I don't give a flying fuck about your color or sexuality. What I find revolting is your rude, disrespectful behavior, racism, and sense of entitlement. I've worked very hard for everything I have; it has nothing to do with "white privilege."

Good...keep ignoring everyone, then you won't respond to anyone's posts and we won't have to deal with your bullshit.

YES!

It would be wonderful if poet became "the sound of one hand clapping." He loves an echo chamber where only he can be heard and only his ideas are reflected as truth. The best way to treat a poet is to ignore them and only talk about them--- it is after all the medicine he claims to have taken himself, so we should all take the same.

“I imagine one of the reasons people cling to their hates so stubbornly is because they sense, once hate is gone, they will be forced to deal with their pain. “

“People who treat other people as less than human must not be surprised when the bread they have cast on the waters comes floating back to them, poisoned.”- James Baldwin

“People who treat other people as less than human must not be surprised when the bread they have cast on the waters comes floating back to them, poisoned.”- James Baldwin

I see you've finally decided to do a little self examination.
Now don't be scared by what you see; but instead recognize your failures and make the appropriate changes.

Only a scared little person puts so many people on ignore. If you don't want to hear opinions that differ from your own, don't post on any board. It is puzzling why someone would join a public board and then immediately put nearly everyone he doesn't agree with on ignore. Smacks of desperation and a cry for attention.

Back