Holyroller key's jetta, suspect beat up and arrested

I paid $90 for a rebuilt starter on my wifes towncar with a 4.6. And would take no less than $100 to change it for someone else. A royal pain in the nuckles. But $500...wow!

Just had the u-joints go out in the front axle of the Dodge 4WD. Two u-joints, 20 bucks.....about 2 1/2 hrs. labor and it's back on the road. Got an estimate and it would have been around $450 if taken to a shop.

$20 for 2 U joints ? or each, still cheap.
Yep, you can, and I do save a bundle doing my own vehicle maintenance.
and I know the quality of work that is done.

Mielage on the car has no impact on the repair costs for individual items Rob. My subie has 205K and still has the origional starter....

$20 for 2 U joints ? or each, still cheap.
Yep, you can, and I do save a bundle doing my own vehicle maintenance.
and I know the quality of work that is done.

$9.87 per u-joint. My wife had no idea what she was getting when she got me.....and still says so.:) I've saved us quite a bit on vehicle repairs.

Good price, typical U jionts are about $15-20 here now.
I recently put a serpentine belt tensioner on the lincoln. I think the part was $35, took me 45 min, and I had never done one before. The Ford garage wanted $150 + keep it all day + gas to get there and back.... Actually two trips for one car and one trip for the one being repaired + 2 hours of time for 2 people dropping an picking up the car.

Last edited:
Back