Homosexuality Found not to be forbidden in The Bible

This message is hidden because PostmodernProphet is on your ignore list.

This message is hidden because Alias is on your ignore list.

You have nothing constructive to contribute to the topic or the conversation so...move on.

I don't understand why gays find it neccesary to justify their existence via a book written by ignorant primitive desert dwellers from 4000 years ago. They should instead be arguing that the book is of no consequence, because - it's a book written by ignorant primitive desert dwellers from 4000 years ago.

You have nothing constructive to contribute to the topic or the conversation so...move on.

it would seem to me that the ultimate in having nothing constructive to contribute is to simply post that you have people on ignore......

Looks like you're having a conversation with your youself since you have everyone else on ignore. Everyone can tell you're really really smart. I bet you've been to college too.

Silence. I don't care to hear anything else from you.

Silence. I don't care to hear anything else from you.

"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves"
— Matthew 7:15

POET
wolf_in_sheeps_clothing1.jpg

Oh, bitch. Everyone here knows you're a sinner. You sin, most every post. Hate is a sin. Sinful lifestyle? Speaking of, when are you going to change yours? Listen to your own words, and take heed. I have Jesus, and I pray for forgiveness every day and night. I also believe that he sent me the love of my life, as nothing but goodness and blessings have happened to me, since we committed to each other. You're a confused and fake Christian, who believes you're justified in your self-righteousness, and that your sin is less than anyone else's sin. Remember the proverb of removing the moat from your eye before adjusting the toothpick in someone else's eye? Do you understand the gravity of that? Obviously not.

Ironic post will always be ironic.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Spin and denial. Practices that have been going on since the Dead Sea Scrolls were found. The Council of Nicea. More spin and denial with politics and power struggles added.
The corruption within the papacy of the Roman Catholic Church. Spin and denial. The Crusades. More spin and denial with widespread murder.
Key word: "Story", in Sodom and Gomorrah. Did you understand the sin and the error? In all likelihood, it may not have been homosexuality, at all. In any event, there is doubt, as to a definitive conclusion.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/hombibg193.htm
Opinion among most liberal and mainline Christian and Jewish theologians has now reverted to the original Christian belief that Genesis 19 refers to a lack of charity and to ill treatment of strangers. Consider:

In ancient Jewish literature, such as the Ethics of the Fathers and the Talmud, there are many references to Sodom. The phrase "middat Sdom" was used. It may be translated as "the way the people of Sodom thought". It meant a lack of charity and hospitality towards others; ignoring the needs of the poor, etc. In the Middle East, a person's survival could depend upon the charity of strangers. To help strangers was a solemn religious duty of paramount importance. See Leviticus 19:33-34 and Matthew 25:35, 38 and 43.

Isaiah 1; The entire first chapter is an utter condemnation of Judah. They are repeatedly compared with Sodom and Gomorrah in their evildoing and depravity. Throughout the chapter, the Prophet lists many sins of the people: rebelling against God, lacking in knowledge, deserting the Lord, idolatry, engaging in meaningless religious ritual, being unjust and oppressive to others, being insensitive to the needs of widows and orphans, committing murder, accepting bribes, etc. There is no reference to homosexuality or to any other sexual activities at all.

Jeremiah 23:14:"...among the prophets of Jerusalem I have seen something horrible: They commit adultery and live a lie. They strengthen the hands of evildoers, so that no one turns from his wickedness. They are all like Sodom to me; the people of Jerusalem are like Gomorrah." Jeremiah compares the actions of the prophets with the adultery, lying and evil of the people of Sodom. Homosexual activity is not mentioned.

Ezekeiel 16:49-50:"Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen." God states clearly that he destroyed Sodom's sins because of their pride, their excess of food while the poor and needy suffered; sexual activity is not even mentioned.

Matthew 10:14-15: Jesus implied that the sin of the people of Sodom was to be inhospitable to strangers.

Luke 10:7-16: This is parallel passage to the verses from Matthew.

2 Peter 6-8: Peter mentions that God destroyed the adults and children of Sodom because the former were ungodly, unprincipled and lawless.

Jude, Verse 7: Jude disagreed with Jesus and Ezekeiel; he wrote that Sodom's sins were sexual in nature. Various biblical translations of this passage in Jude describe the sin as: fornication, going after strange flesh, sexual immorality, perverted sensuality, homosexuality, lust of every kind, immoral acts and unnatural lust. It looks as if the translators were unclear of the meaning of the verse in its original Greek, and simply selected their favorite sin to attack. The original Greek is transliterated as: "sarkos heteras." This can be translated as "other flesh". Ironically, our English word "heterosexual" comes from "heteras."

A likely interpretation is that the author of Jude 4 criticized the men of Sodom for wanting to engage in sexual activities with angels. Angels are described in the Bible as a species of created beings who were different from humans. The sin of the people of Sodom would be that of bestiality. Another possibility is that the "other flesh" refers to cannibalism, which was a practice associated with early Canaanite culture.

"A likely interpretation is that the author of Jude 4 criticized the men of Sodom for wanting to engage in sexual activities with angels."

I believe in Genesis it says the sons of God came into the daughters of men. What's good for the goose is good for the gander, as the old saying goes.

The word frequently used and interpreted as meaning "homosexual" has been found to be in error, and out of line with the Greek intention and meaning. Period. There is a theory, widely accepted that, Paul was a repressed homosexual, which would explain his zeal and misogynistic views. And why do you use the pejorative of the word "gay"? Is that your homophobia or your contempt for gays shining through? Was your daddy a "queer"? That would account for your over-compensation.

More spin. I use the word "queer" because you said yourself that you wear it as a "badge of honor". It's not a pejorative. And talk that way to my old man. He'd kick your ass to the curb. :D

Irony:
Spin and denial. Practices that have been going on since the Dead Sea Scrolls were found. The Council of Nicea. More spin and denial with politics and power struggles added.
The corruption within the papacy of the Roman Catholic Church. Spin and denial. The Crusades. More spin and denial with widespread murder.
Key word: "Story", in Sodom and Gomorrah. Did you understand the sin and the error? In all likelihood, it may not have been homosexuality, at all. In any event, there is doubt, as to a definitive conclusion.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/hombibg193.htm
Opinion among most liberal and mainline Christian and Jewish theologians has now reverted to the original Christian belief that Genesis 19 refers to a lack of charity and to ill treatment of strangers. Consider:

In ancient Jewish literature, such as the Ethics of the Fathers and the Talmud, there are many references to Sodom. The phrase "middat Sdom" was used. It may be translated as "the way the people of Sodom thought". It meant a lack of charity and hospitality towards others; ignoring the needs of the poor, etc. In the Middle East, a person's survival could depend upon the charity of strangers. To help strangers was a solemn religious duty of paramount importance. See Leviticus 19:33-34 and Matthew 25:35, 38 and 43.

Isaiah 1; The entire first chapter is an utter condemnation of Judah. They are repeatedly compared with Sodom and Gomorrah in their evildoing and depravity. Throughout the chapter, the Prophet lists many sins of the people: rebelling against God, lacking in knowledge, deserting the Lord, idolatry, engaging in meaningless religious ritual, being unjust and oppressive to others, being insensitive to the needs of widows and orphans, committing murder, accepting bribes, etc. There is no reference to homosexuality or to any other sexual activities at all.

Jeremiah 23:14:"...among the prophets of Jerusalem I have seen something horrible: They commit adultery and live a lie. They strengthen the hands of evildoers, so that no one turns from his wickedness. They are all like Sodom to me; the people of Jerusalem are like Gomorrah." Jeremiah compares the actions of the prophets with the adultery, lying and evil of the people of Sodom. Homosexual activity is not mentioned.

Ezekeiel 16:49-50:"Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen." God states clearly that he destroyed Sodom's sins because of their pride, their excess of food while the poor and needy suffered; sexual activity is not even mentioned.

Matthew 10:14-15: Jesus implied that the sin of the people of Sodom was to be inhospitable to strangers.

Luke 10:7-16: This is parallel passage to the verses from Matthew.

2 Peter 6-8: Peter mentions that God destroyed the adults and children of Sodom because the former were ungodly, unprincipled and lawless.

Jude, Verse 7: Jude disagreed with Jesus and Ezekeiel; he wrote that Sodom's sins were sexual in nature. Various biblical translations of this passage in Jude describe the sin as: fornication, going after strange flesh, sexual immorality, perverted sensuality, homosexuality, lust of every kind, immoral acts and unnatural lust. It looks as if the translators were unclear of the meaning of the verse in its original Greek, and simply selected their favorite sin to attack. The original Greek is transliterated as: "sarkos heteras." This can be translated as "other flesh". Ironically, our English word "heterosexual" comes from "heteras."

A likely interpretation is that the author of Jude 4 criticized the men of Sodom for wanting to engage in sexual activities with angels. Angels are described in the Bible as a species of created beings who were different from humans. The sin of the people of Sodom would be that of bestiality. Another possibility is that the "other flesh" refers to cannibalism, which was a practice associated with early Canaanite culture.

joke website....from the "Our authors and their credentials" page.....
Almost all of the over 4,475 essays and menus on this web site (as of 2008-NOV) were written by our main author, and coordinator Bruce A. Robinson. He is a graduate of the University of Toronto, class of 1959, with a BaSc (Bachelor of Applied Science) degree in Engineering Physics.

Bruce is on record as saying actually studying theology would be an impediment to his understanding of the topic......

Not listening to the peanut gallery. They provide only opinion and no links. And everyone knows they are authorities on nothing but small-mindedness, hate and low self-esteem.

Back