Homosexuality Found not to be forbidden in The Bible

Not listening to the peanut gallery. They provide only opinion and no links. And everyone knows they are authorities on nothing but small-mindedness, hate and low self-esteem.

He pulled up information on the credentials of the author of the "study" from the link you provided. That isn't opinion, and was provided from your link. I understand your sentiment, but this time it is a bit off. PMP is actually rather knowledgeable on the religion even if he is antagonistic at times. Even when I disagree with him, he usually has some piece of knowledge that I either hadn't known or overlooked.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/credentials.htm

"Many visitors to our web site question our authors' theological credentials. We explain that none of our staff have theological degrees. We feel that a formal theological degree would be counter-productive in our work. It would probably tend to bias our authors' understanding of religious matters in a liberal direction. A Bible school diploma would also be counter-productive as it would bias us in a conservative direction. Either would probably bias our authors in favor of Christianity and against other faith groups."

by the way, the 'Center" is Bruce's basement and his "staff" is him.....

also, when Bruce says
"Opinion among most liberal and mainline Christian and Jewish theologians"
it means "I read somewhere that......."

"A likely interpretation is that the author of Jude 4 criticized the men of Sodom for wanting to engage in sexual activities with angels."

I believe in Genesis it says the sons of God came into the daughters of men. What's good for the goose is good for the gander, as the old saying goes.

Yes, that is correct. Benei HaʼElōhīm (sons of God) had sexual relations with human women, resulting in the Nephilim. Some argue that Benei HaʼElōhīm actually describes the righteous line of Seth. This doesn't hold water when comparing to other passages which contain the phase, e.g. Job 38:6-8.

The Book of Enoch sheds a bit more light on the subject. Most Christians are too close-minded to read the Book of Enoch, however.

Yes, that is correct. Benei HaʼElōhīm (sons of God) had sexual relations with human women, resulting in the Nephilim. Some argue that Benei HaʼElōhīm actually describes the righteous line of Seth. This doesn't hold water when comparing to other passages which contain the phase, e.g. Job 38:6-8.

The Book of Enoch sheds a bit more light on the subject. Most Christians are too close-minded to read the Book of Enoch, however.

I've read three different versions. One from scrolls found recently, a Christian one, and a Jewish one... The Jewish Bible includes what appears to be a rewritten book, changing areas where the Son of Man was prophesied..

The Book of Enoch is where you will find many of the angel names and other things as well as the depiction of Hell you see in many works of art. Interesting that this book was referred to Christ himself, but excluded from most Christian bibles. The Christian version that I read was from Ethiopia, where they include some of the books of the Apocrypha that were excluded by the council of Nicea, the Jewish version was from their own Bible.

He pulled up information on the credentials of the author of the "study" from the link you provided. That isn't opinion, and was provided from your link. I understand your sentiment, but this time it is a bit off. PMP is actually rather knowledgeable on the religion even if he is antagonistic at times. Even when I disagree with him, he usually has some piece of knowledge that I either hadn't known or overlooked.
But Poet has him on ignore...

:D

But Poet has him on ignore...

:D

Everyone who beats Poet is on ignore. His world is getting smaller and smaller. Can't learn much that way, but some people get into a comfort zone and any challenge to their thinking is a direct threat to that comfort zone. Their quest is not knowledge, but validation.

This message is hidden because Alias is on your ignore list.

Not interested in whatever it is you may have to say. Move on.

This message is hidden because DamnYankee is on your ignore list.

What? What? I can't hear you. And better, I don't fucking care.

Girl keep posting.. it's nothing for me to repost this response. LOL.

Girl, as much as you can post, I can post this:

Not listening to the peanut gallery. They provide only opinion and no links. And everyone knows they are authorities on nothing but small-mindedness, hate and low self-esteem.

That would mean that they would fit in, really well, with you.

This message is hidden because USFREEDOM911 is on your ignore list.

LOL. Please. You haven't matter for such a long time. You think anyone is paying any attention to you? LOL

Back