APP - Homosexuality Now, Pedophilia Next

But most families are built on these foundations, and families with a stable heterosexual "mom and dad" are typically the most successful.

You keep mention my religious doctrine and that argument hasn't held water for days now.

The common family built on 2 heterosexual parents is fine. But there is no rational reason to outlaw a family built on two homosexual parents. The studies have shown it does not harm the families or the children.

Just because something is different does not make it bad or wrong.

Another:

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (New International Version)

9Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders 10nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

Okay so homosexual offenders and male prostitutes will not inherit the kingdom of God.....

Where does it call homosexuality itself a sin?

Romans 1: 18 - 27

18The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

21For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.

24Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

Depends on what "indecent acts" this passage is talking about... It does not call homosexuality a sin, it calls indecent acts with other men a sin. That could be adultry or murder or group sex or homosexual sex, or a multitude of other things done with other men.

what god do you believe in and what is your book

I belive in God, a universal god. I do not belive in any specific book, I belive in my relationship with God, not in a book. Especally not in a book translated several times by faliable and corrupt men who had interests other than pure spirituality.

Damocles, have you seen the ads that pop up when viewing this thread? Maybe its just my computer but its adds for gay vacations with buff men in copulative poses! Its very funny, now my secretary thinks I am gay!

I belive in God, a universal god. I do not belive in any specific book, I belive in my relationship with God, not in a book. Especally not in a book translated several times by faliable and corrupt men who had interests other than pure spirituality.

I believe that belief in any God does not effect this subject. The laws of our land are separate from the religions that reside there.

if you don't have a book, then how can you say "its not in my book"???

it appears that your belief and the rules thereof are whatever you want them to be....

Damocles, have you seen the ads that pop up when viewing this thread? Maybe its just my computer but its adds for gay vacations with buff men in copulative poses! Its very funny, now my secretary thinks I am gay!
She's quite perceptive. LOL

But most families are built on these foundations, and families with a stable heterosexual "mom and dad" are typically the most successful.

You keep mention my religious doctrine and that argument hasn't held water for days now.
Freedom isn't built on "most", it is built on limiting the power of the government so that people who believe differently than you do can live as they would, allowing you to live as you would.

And freedom very much isn't built on government support of your religious doctrine.

And you just saying, "That don't hold water." isn't an argument. You have yet to present on cognitive argument that changes the fact that the laws are based on the religious beliefs of the majority, which you cheer on because you belong to that majority.

Freedom isn't built on "most", it is built on limiting the power of the government so that people who believe differently than you do can live as they would, allowing you to live as you would.

And freedom very much isn't built on government support of your religious doctrine.

And you just saying, "That don't hold water." isn't an argument. You have yet to present on cognitive argument that changes the fact that the laws are based on the religious beliefs of the majority, which you cheer on because you belong to that majority.

Gays can get married in Massachusetts, now that the Supreme Court in that State has usurped the will of the people. I guess that's what you call freedom; I call it tyranny.

Either the laws of this country are based on religious morality or they ain't. Make up your mind.

Adults CAN love each other, there is no restrictions on it as far as I know, and everyone has the same rights to marry, if they meet the criteria. Your solution has been rejected by the American people, 31 times and counting. The only places where your solution is law, is where judges have made it that way, against the will of the people.

You can insult me all you like, you've demonstrated your stubborn unwillingness to find a solution to this issue we can all live with. Essentially, you want the rest of the world to bow to your will, and that isn't going to happen. In light of the fact that you certainly understand you can never obtain what you want, we have to really objectively look at why you remain so obstinate about a reasonable solution which gives all sides what they want. I think it is more than simply you being stubborn, I think you have some ulterior motives here, which are being hidden cleverly behind the banner of gay marriage.

Come out into the light, US... tell us why you refuse to accept a reasonable solution which gives gay couples every right of traditional married couples?

You decided to put the emphasize on the word CAN; but that wasn't what I said.

You throw a hissy over me not accepting your propasal; but you have also refused to accept mine, so how does that make you any different then me??

Your projecting on the ulterior motive; but like I said, Don't worry.
No one's going to make you enter into a gay marriage.

I could post it in King James, it still won't change the verse. The dude asked for a verse that said it was a sin, I just obliged. It isn't as if I personally would be effected by the verses I posted.

I only asked; because when I asked SM, he got quite. :cof1:

Gays can get married in Massachusetts, now that the Supreme Court in that State has usurped the will of the people. I guess that's what you call freedom; I call it tyranny.

Either the laws of this country are based on religious morality or they ain't. Make up your mind.

They ain't.

You make it sound as though the will of the people is the all-encompassing power. The minorities are protected by the US Constitution and the gov't.

Otherwise, most of the positive steps made by minorities would never have happend.

Back