Homosexuality

When one of the arguments against gay marriage is that homosexuality is unnatural
why do people always want to substitute the word "unnatural" for "abnormal"?........is it because they think that if they can simply rest on the fact it can be found in nature to establish normality?............cancer cells are not unnatural......alcoholism is not unnatural........both are abnormalities......so is being sexually attracted to members of the same sex.....

The fact that they are married effects you. The gender of their spouse does not effect you at all.
of course it does......they are asking the government to change the definition of "marriage" so that it includes their choice of someone of the same sex......the impact of that legal change makes the difference of whether or not I can ignore what they do in their private life or whether I must acknowledge it as legally binding upon everyone else......you can pretend all you want that this is not a "effect" but just realize its only pretending......

of course it does......they are asking the government to change the definition of "marriage" so that it includes their choice of someone of the same sex......the impact of that legal change makes the difference of whether or not I can ignore what they do in their private life or whether I must acknowledge it as legally binding upon everyone else......you can pretend all you want that this is not a "effect" but just realize its only pretending......

How does it effect you that their spouse is the same gender? Yes, the employee being married effects you because you will be providing benefits. But a man married to a woman will have the same effect on your business as a man married to a man.

How does it effect you that their spouse is the same gender? Yes, the employee being married effects you because you will be providing benefits. But a man married to a woman will have the same effect on your business as a man married to a man.

???....you do realize you answered your own question, right?......

???....you do realize you answered your own question, right?......after the law a man married to a man will have the same effect on the business that previously occurred when a man married a woman......therefore, something new will have an effect on me that didn't have an effect on me before.......given that it is so obvious, why do you keep asking me why I think it will have an effect on me......

I expect what you really mean to ask me is why I object to it having an effect on me.....not why I think it HAS an effect on me......

???....you do realize you answered your own question, right?......after the law a man married to a man will have the same effect on the business that previously occurred when a man married a woman......therefore, something new will have an effect on me that didn't have an effect on me before.......given that it is so obvious, why do you keep asking me why I think it will have an effect on me......

I expect what you really mean to ask me is why I object to it having an effect on me.....not why I think it HAS an effect on me......

No, I did not answer my own question. I asked how it effects you that their spouse is the same gender as your employee.

why do you think I have a drink in my hand?.....
nola.jpg

So you are saying that an increase in the number of married people is the effect? Ok.

/boggle......it would have made more sense if you had said "so, you are saying that the aardvark population is declining".......

look, it is impossible to read this....

after the law a man married to a man will have the same effect on the business that previously occurred when a man married a woman......therefore, something new will have an effect on me that didn't have an effect on me before

and come up with any translation different from what is obviously there......

I have started several businesses in my lifetime.....one I sold to a gay couple.....I worked with them for three years, two of which we were in the same office.....what they did in their private lives held no concern for me.....but when the government starts telling me that I may no longer ignore what they did in their private lives and have to consider it the equivalent of a normal relationship, I find that objectionable.......

Last edited:
/boggle......it would have made more sense if you had said "so, you are saying that the aardvark population is declining".......

Perhaps I misunderstood. It seemed to me that you were saying that the effect was that you had to provide benefits to the employee who got married. The benefits you provide would not be any different than if the employee had married someone of the opposite gender.

Perhaps I misunderstood. It seemed to me that you were saying that the effect was that you had to provide benefits to the employee who got married. The benefits you provide would not be any different than if the employee had married someone of the opposite gender.

reread the edited post above, it answers you....

look, it is impossible to read this....

and come up with any translation different from what is obviously there......

I have started several businesses in my lifetime.....one I sold to a gay couple.....I worked with them for three years, two of which we were in the same office.....what they did in their private lives held no concern for me.....but when the government starts telling me that I may no longer ignore what they did in their private lives and have to consider it the equivalent of a normal relationship, I find that objectionable.......

I think any sexual activity or public displays of affection in an office is inappropriate. Whether it is gay or straight, it should not happen at work.

Would things have been different if the couple were married?

I think any sexual activity or public displays of affection in an office is inappropriate. Whether it is gay or straight, it should not happen at work.

Would things have been different if the couple were married?

???....who's talking about public displays of affection?......

Back