How to curb gun self defense shootings

SJJRSJJS

Verified User
I have an idea that just might have worked in many self defense shooting situations like the Zimmerman case. My idea would be that if you are legally packing a "gat", you could wear a hat or a badge stating that you are carrying a legal firearm, in that way any thug wantabe will think twice before trying to act all tough and sheet. If you saw some guy walking down the street and you knew that he could shoot your ass off if you flucked with him, there would be fewer self defense shootings of thugs. If I was packing, was wearing a CCW badge/hat and some thugs came too near me, in my mind they would be "up to no good"(Zimmerman), so I would have my hand on my big 9 mm, because thugs are street smart, they would know that I was not playing games, and that I might just come out self defending myself, Zimmer style. How about a cool looking hat that just read "I'm ARMED" or "I'm PACKIN"...............

They were recently praised in the Times for the dramatic, deeply un-American drop in the murder rate, but don't let me interrupt your crawling out to shoot someone 'black'. Freedom to Murder is Amendment 209.57(b) in your Konstitution, so I understand, or so the gunmerchants tell us

Perhaps if more people are carrying and more criminals get shot the criminals will learn that crime does not pay and stop doing these crimes.

Perhaps if more people are carrying and more criminals get shot the criminals will learn that crime does not pay and stop doing these crimes.

Or the angels may descend and turn their bullets into gas. Grow up: you murder people to stop you from making a decent country out of capitalism, as well you know.

I have an idea that just might have worked in many self defense shooting situations like the Zimmerman case. My idea would be that if you are legally packing a "gat", you could wear a hat or a badge stating that you are carrying a legal firearm, in that way any thug wantabe will think twice before trying to act all tough and sheet. If you saw some guy walking down the street and you knew that he could shoot your ass off if you flucked with him, there would be fewer self defense shootings of thugs. If I was packing, was wearing a CCW badge/hat and some thugs came too near me, in my mind they would be "up to no good"(Zimmerman), so I would have my hand on my big 9 mm, because thugs are street smart, they would know that I was not playing games, and that I might just come out self defending myself, Zimmer style. How about a cool looking hat that just read "I'm ARMED" or "I'm PACKIN"...............

Right... Why not give them a six-pointed star for exercising their right to own and bear arms?

i think you should not beat people up that aren't breaking any laws
That sounds nice, but the truth is that violence against older people is happening all over and also, there are more and more honest people getting CCW permits because of the violense against US. That means a chance of more self defense shootings happening, but by advertising the fact that "you" are not going to be a victim, then there would be less shootings.

Imagine a nice liberal city like Denver using these scarlet letters you think would make things better to harass people who are simply exercising their rights...

That sounds nice, but the truth is that violence against older people is happening all over and also, there are more and more honest people getting CCW permits because of the violense against US. That means a chance of more self defense shootings happening, but by advertising the fact that "you" are not going to be a victim, then there would be less shootings.
If you dont know who is carrying youhave to be nice to everyone.

Or the angels may descend and turn their bullets into gas. Grow up: you murder people to stop you from making a decent country out of capitalism, as well you know.

As defined in the OP this is self defense so there is no murder. Do try to keep up.

New York tried that with Stop & Frisk, the ACLU decided it was better to let them kill each other. so they were forced to stop it.

They stopped the "Stop and Frisk" because statistics didn't support the need for it.....Thanks for Playing Jackass Answers!

75% of people shot are already criminals to begin with (the AVERAGE number of arrests on a shooting victim is 11).

Back