How was the speech?

NYT’s:

Nearly two-thirds of Democrats said President Biden should step aside and allow the party to select a different nominee, according to a new poll from the AP-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research.

The survey also found that 70 percent of Americans, including nearly half of Democrats, said they were not confident that Mr. Biden had the mental capacity to be president. That is a marked increase since February, when only about one-third of Democrats said they were not confident in his abilities.

Downtrodden Democrats are especially concerned that Mr. Biden can no longer win the election. Just 37 percent of Democrats said they thought he could win, compared with 72 percent of Republicans who said they thought former President Donald J. Trump could win.

The new survey, taken from July 11 to 15, as an increasing numberof Democratic lawmakers and donors called for Mr. Biden to drop out of the race, demonstrates the growing sentiment among rank-and-file Democrats.
How many Republicans think Trump should step aside and let someone else take over?

Personally I agree, Biden should step down, he is way to old. So is Trump.

When two-thirds of your party want you to step aside, it’s over.

It will be interesting how these loons will deny the millions of Democrats who voted for the turnip.

Talk about a threat to democracy!

Looks like the right can’t even comment on the longest acceptance speech ever given by a candidate

The guy did have a really weird demeanor this go round

I think he believes god just made him a saint

Really weird demeanor that doesn’t get his base excited at all

I think they don’t ever really listen to his words

It just how well he plays cheerleader for their adolescent mind sets

ITS ALL A SHOW FOR THEM

just like the fake wrestling that they do love

Then why are you focusing on hearsay instead of watching it for yourself to make up your own mind about it?
I am more interested in what Trumppers thought of it, than I am interested in seeing it myself. I wanted to see if you are enthusiastic (you are not) and if you would think it was 'great'.

The reaction to the question was to attack the questioner, what does that tell you?

1) Primaries are not Democracy.
2) Encouraging someone to drop out of a race is not anti-Democratic. (I strongly encourage Trump to drop out and spend his time in psychotherapy)
3) You idiots cant fathom of the idea someone can post a thread and then watch a snipet of the subject he was interested in.
No, you were caught in a lie, one of many.

You said you did not watch the speech and then that you saw people sleeping.

No reference to real time or videos, old man.

Indeed.

He stressed unity and inclusion and common sense.

He only mentioned the turnip by name once…twice but we all know he was speaking of the worst president in history.
No...Trump was not speaking of himself at that moment.

Trump, and the fools who continue to support him, think he was a great president, when in fact, he was one of (if not) the worst ever. Only the fools that support him cannot see that.

I am more interested in what Trumppers thought of it, than I am interested in seeing it myself.
I thought it was a great speech.
I wanted to see if you are enthusiastic (you are not)
Believe what you will.
and if you would think it was 'great'.
I do think it was great.
The reaction to the question was to attack the questioner, what does that tell you?
I didn't attack you. I asked you a question and then called you out for your lie you told.

Trump’s speech was received enthusiastically by the convention.

It was an inspirational speech detailing his near assignation by a Trump hater.

He detailed the total failure of the Biden administration and his plan to unite the country and repair the damage done by the turnip.

Last edited:
I am more interested in what Trumppers thought of it, than I am interested in seeing it myself. I wanted to see if you are enthusiastic (you are not) and if you would think it was 'great'.

Trump seemed emotionally effected by his near death experience

I think he can’t inspire his rabble like they require now.

He detailed the total failure of the Biden administration and his plan to unite the country and repair the damage done by the turnip

Have you seen the FACT CHECK on all the same lies in it?

I think Trump has lost that MEAN EDGE his rabble loves him for

No, you were caught in a lie, one of many.

You said you did not watch the speech and then that you saw people sleeping.

No reference to real time or videos, old man.
No reference to the speech either, Desperato.

I thought it was a great speech.

Believe what you will.

I do think it was great.

I didn't attack you. I asked you a question and then called you out for your lie you told.
TO call someone a liar is an attack, silly.

Trump seemed emotionally effected by his near death experience

I think he can’t inspire his rabble like they require now.
It would be one of the first real emotions he's ever shown publicly.

Have you or anyone ever seen trump laugh? Not smile or smirk, but a hearty, boisterous laugh? He's incapable of it.

Once he started on his usual list of grievances, it was like a lullaby to his followers.
Miss Marple, do you think that very many people could speak before millions of viewers only a few days after being shot in a near assignation by a Trump hater?

His speech was aspirational as he detailed how he would bring the country together and repair the damage done by Biden.

He deserves that chance and the American people, by an overwhelming majority, do not want Biden to run again.

TO call someone a liar is an attack, silly.
Actually, it’s telling the truth.

This isn’t the first time that you have been caught lying, just one of many.

“The American people now are paying the highest federal income tax in American history.”

Remember that?

Miss Marple, do you think that very many people could speak before millions of viewers only a few days after being shot in a near assignation by a Trump hater?

His speech was aspirational as he detailed how he would bring the country together and repair the damage done by Biden.

He deserves that chance and the American people, by an overwhelming major, do not want Bide to run again.
I think it depends on the severity of the injury, Mr. Earl.

If Biden drops out I believe committed Dems and some independents will vote for the new candidate, not trump. That is, if they're voting for policy.

He detailed the total failure of the Biden administration and his plan to unite the country and repair the damage done by the turnip

Trump dropping his pants and taking a shit on stage...would have been received enthusiastically by that bunch of MAGA morons.

Back