Human evolution - recent news

I know this does not support your progressive racist hatred, but ...

"Using those clues, researchers are now able to identify “ghost populations”, ancient groups whose mixture with modern humans helps to explain some aspects of diversity in African genomes today.

These ghosts were the African equivalent of Neanderthals. They were ancient lineages with long histories, starting from long before any modern humans existed, and they were mixing with modern populations as recently as 20,000 years ago."

https://medium.com/@johnhawks/the-s...rigins-just-got-more-complicated-9e435bea24f6
Three minutes before you posted this, you knew virtually nothing about the Neaderthal genome, their relationship to homo sapiens, or the geographic distribution of Neaderthal both in the past and through modern DNA distribution.

You think I am supposed to take you seriously and lend weight to your post because you did a 30 second google search, grabbed the first thing you could find, and rushed back here to respond to me?

At least Jack and Owl have independent knowledge and awareness about the topic that pre-dates three minutes ago.

Hmmmmm ... if the nominal 2% Neanderthal DNA that most of us have (excluding sub-saharan Africans) is known to me, I would guess the other average Drones here are aware of it too.
So, again, your use of 'Neanderthal' as a derogatory is misplaced in my opinion.

'Bluntskull'. Bluntskull is probably a more accurate and popular epithet for our Religious Conservative types.

Let's Review:
"I find you unacceptable! If I did not fear incarceration by human authority figures, I would terminate your life functions by applying sufficient force to your blunt skull so as to cause its collapse!"
Beldar Conehead

So you call Black Christians ... Bluntskulls. :palm: :palm: :palm:

While I appreciate the efforts of conservative’s Creation Science Museum making case that humans were created independently of biological evolution and frolicked with dinosaurs in the Garden of Eden, the following conceptual illustration of human evolution makes more sense to me.

Recent advances in science:

-Denisovan genes: In addition to recent findings that non-African humans having a few percent Neanderthal DNA genes, there appears to also be evidence that early homo-sapiens also inter-bred with Denisova hominins - some modern humans might have Denisovan genes.

-Our closest primate relative, the bonobo: Our closest living relatives may be the bonobo…not the chimpanzee.
https://phys.org/news/2017-04-bonobos-representation-common-ancestor-humans.html

pKSjBi3.png

I find it truly fascinating how allomorphism, within and between species, and how size and morphology at differing stages of physical development correlate to mosaic patterns of macro-evolution. This is an excellent anatomical evidence of how mosiac evolution, particularly between species, only makes sense when predicated on that these anatomical homologies, or lack there of, in related species only makes sense, phylogenetically, within a nested heirarchy. Just as neodarwinism would predict.

Last edited:
I find it truly fascinating how allomorphism, within and between species, and how size and morphology at differing stages of physical development correlate to mosaic patterns of macro-evolution. This is an excellent anatomical evidence of how mosiac evolution, particularly between species, only makes sense when predicated on that these anatomical homologies, or lack there of, in related species only makes sense phylogenetically within a nested heirarchy just as neodarwinism would predict.

Lot of big words in their partner (I do not even know what "allomorphism" is!), but as always I appreciate your brain power and your upgrades to my rudimentary understanding of evolutionary biology. Human evolution is undoubtedly one of the coolest disciplines in science. If I am ever in your neck of the woods, we need to hit the Creation Science museum simply for the sheer comedy value.

Lot of big words in their partner (I do not even know what "allomorphism" is!), but as always I appreciate your brain power and your upgrades to my rudimentary understanding of evolutionary biology. Human evolution is undoubtedly one of the coolest disciplines in science. If I am ever in your neck of the woods, we need to hit the Creation Science museum simply for the sheer comedy value.

Sorry...been there and got permanently banned for asking "If we come from monkeys why do we still have monkeys?".

Allomorphism, or more correctly Allometry, is the study of the relationship of body size to shape, anatomy and physiology. Take pachyderms for example, Their very large size impacts the evolution of their shape, anatomy and physiology. In the case here it's noted in the size difference between Bonobo's, Chimps and Humans.

Sorry...been there and got permanently banned for asking "If we come from monkeys why do we still have monkeys?".

Allomorphism, or more correctly Allometry, is the study of the relationship of body size to shape, anatomy and physiology. Take pachyderms for example, Their very large size impacts the evolution of their shape, anatomy and physiology.
Badge of honor to be permanently banned from the Creation Science Museum, otherwise knows as the fundamentalist Christian clown show.

Thanks for the lesson - I think my IQ went up a point!

Badge of honor to be permanently banned from the Creation Science Museum, otherwise knows as the fundamentalist Christian clown show.

Thanks for the lesson - I think my IQ went up a point!

Thanks. I enjoy the study of evolutionary biology and it’s not often that I get to discuss it seriously without someone bringing creationist nonsense into the discussion.

Back