I hate this place II

If I get a job I will just but a new microphone. Will also replace this ancient budget gaming laptop from 2009, that has a broken screen, with an actual desktop and laptop.

Last edited:
I mean, I was already talking to the CIO. I will be talking to the same people again on Monday. We just need an in-personish (recruiters actual words) interview to formalize things.

I mean, I was already talking to the CIO. I will be talking to the same people again on Monday. We just need an in-personish (recruiters actual words) interview to formalize things.

That's a pretty good sign.

Actual words were not that it was just to formalize. That's just my optimistic interpretation. I don't know what additional questions they'll have for me, we already covered my experience (I literally managed to fit basically every important project I had ever done into it) and he asked technical questions (which I mostly flubbed or dodged, having little PHP training) in the last interview.

But if they were unimpressed, I wouldn't be getting this callback.

Usually the intro interview is a bunch of vague HR mindfuck questions, and your experience. And the later interviews are increasingly technical, but you have to repeat your experience again because you're talking to different people. This is a weird interview process.

I'm going to pretend I'm eager for work in the internship to increase my odds of getting a full time job. As soon as I have the job I'm going to slack off as much as possible. I don't really care about advancement because entry level salaries are already stupidly high for programmers.

Usually the intro interview is a bunch of vague HR mindfuck questions, and your experience. And the later interviews are increasingly technical, but you have to repeat your experience again because you're talking to different people. This is a weird interview process.

Thank god for nepotism. I've never done an interview where I wasn't guaranteed the job beforehand.

It's called "a panel interview". It means you made the next to last cut. They probably have two to four candidates they're interested in and you're one of them. So it's literally one of those times where you just hope they flip the coin and it lands heads up for you. You did good to make it this far. Even if it doesn't fall your way you've made progress, though you'll still be a loser. :)

Thank god for nepotism. I've never done an interview where I wasn't guaranteed the job beforehand.

I've never gotten one either! My job at Popeyes was due to a friend of my dad's. The process is stupidly long and drawn out, you have to use a shotgun approach and talk to everyone.

This is especially hard for a person like me who finds conversations with strangers deeply uncomfortable. After the whole lengthy process and eventual rejection by Lanyon I just shut down for a few months and didn't send applications to anyone.

I thought I could get into Georgia Pacific because my dad's subordinates wife is a programmer there, so I threw her on my application as a referral a few weeks back. My interview with Georgia Pacific was actually the worst interview in my life. They woke me up with a call at 9 AM, with no warning, and expected an interview right off the bat. It lasted 3 minutes. They never called or contacted me again.

It's called "a panel interview". It means you made the next to last cut. They probably have two to four candidates they're interested in and you're one of them. So it's literally one of those times where you just hope they flip the coin and it lands heads up for you. You did good to make it this far. Even if it doesn't fall your way you've made progress, though you'll still be a loser. :)

The last interview was already a panel interview! With the same panel! Although the CIO did almost all the talking.

I've never gotten one either! My job at Popeyes was due to a friend of my dad's. The process is stupidly long and drawn out, you have to use a shotgun approach and talk to everyone.

This is especially hard for a person like me who finds conversations with strangers deeply uncomfortable. After the whole lengthy process and eventual rejection by Lanyon I just shut down for a few months and didn't send applications to anyone.

I thought I could get into Georgia Pacific because my dad's subordinates wife is a programmer there, so I threw her on my application as a referral a few weeks back. My interview with Georgia Pacific was actually the worst interview in my life. They woke me up with a call at 9 AM, with no warning, and expected an interview right off the bat. It lasted 3 minutes. They never called or contacted me again.

Well when I contracted I worked with my dad. Then I took over his job at the Bindery. Then I talked with his friend who was also the finance officer (a position I landed myself after he became ineligible) at my AMVETS post as soon as I got out of the Marines. That landed me my safety inspector gig. Then my professor hooked me up with my current job running a lab. And right now I'm talking to my "colleague" about transferring to his department, because their current metallurgist doesn't know shit.

I've never done a job interview. I have conducted several but have never been through one. That may change after next year when I look for a retirement job. Do they interview door greeters at Walmart? ;)

Actual words were not that it was just to formalize. That's just my optimistic interpretation. I don't know what additional questions they'll have for me, we already covered my experience (I literally managed to fit basically every important project I had ever done into it) and he asked technical questions (which I mostly flubbed or dodged, having little PHP training) in the last interview.

But if they were unimpressed, I wouldn't be getting this callback.
That is correct. In the panel interview they're going to be asking left ball questions and more specific technical ones. What they really want is to get a sense that you can do the job and if you'll fit in with the team. If they mentioned any specific skills or knowledge in their job posting you should make sure you are conversant in them at the interview. Don't try to be a technical expert but show up prepared to discuss what they are interested in.

Once the panel interview begins, as they always do, with introductions. Make sure you memorize everyone's name on the panel. Always address the members of the panel by their names. Whenever someone on the panel ask you a question you acknowledge them by name before you answer their question.

Good Luck.

Back