I hate this place II

I've never done a job interview. I have conducted several but have never been through one. That may change after next year when I look for a retirement job. Do they interview door greeters at Walmart? ;)

From what I hear Walmart interviews are surprisingly rough.

I'm going to pretend I'm eager for work in the internship to increase my odds of getting a full time job. As soon as I have the job I'm going to slack off as much as possible. I don't really care about advancement because entry level salaries are already stupidly high for programmers.
YOU'RE THERE TO LEARN YOU NIT WIT!!! Make the most of it. Work your ass off. It will help keep you warm. :)

Well when I contracted I worked with my dad. Then I took over his job at the Bindery. Then I talked with his friend who was also the finance officer (a position I landed myself after he became ineligible) at my AMVETS post as soon as I got out of the Marines. That landed me my safety inspector gig. Then my professor hooked me up with my current job running a lab. And right now I'm talking to my "colleague" about transferring to his department, because their current metallurgist doesn't know shit.
Didn't know you were doing lab work Billy. How do you like it? What instrumentation are you using?

I've never done a job interview. I have conducted several but have never been through one. That may change after next year when I look for a retirement job. Do they interview door greeters at Walmart? ;)
You want to be made to feel like a criminal? Go apply for a job at Wallmart as a greeter.

From what I hear Walmart interviews are surprisingly rough.
I interviewed with them for a warehouse job, I think as a fork lift operator, back in the early 90's and it was one of the most insulting experiences I ever had. Made it all the way through the process and offered me a job and I declined it. Icouldn't work in that kind of environment. I'd rather work someplace where you can be trusted. :)

Didn't know you were doing lab work Billy. How do you like it? What instrumentation are you using?
I've been doing it since 2013 Mott, I even made a thread about it and asked you specifically for advice.

Anyways it's mostly quality work. Rockwell/Brinell/Vickers testing, reviewing mill certs and quality data, tensile testing and micro evaluation.

I posted the indeed.com thing... and recommended applying for jobs in the Denver area which is a tech hotspot right now.

I've been doing it since 2013 Mott, I even made a thread about it and asked you specifically for advice.

Anyways it's mostly quality work. Rockwell/Brinell/Vickers testing, reviewing mill certs and quality data, tensile testing and micro evaluation.

I thought you worked in welding or something?

Well I'm an idiot. You work in a metallurgy lab?

I thought you worked in welding or something?

Well I'm an idiot. You work in a metallurgy lab?
I manage the lab. My tech do most of the work, and I mostly just review/compile the results and do chemistry analysis for customers for their production processes. I'm trying to transfer more towards production/prototype consulting. My welding days are mostly behind me, though I still practice now and then to keep my skills up and fix shit.

That is correct. In the panel interview they're going to be asking left ball questions and more specific technical ones. What they really want is to get a sense that you can do the job and if you'll fit in with the team. If they mentioned any specific skills or knowledge in their job posting you should make sure you are conversant in them at the interview. Don't try to be a technical expert but show up prepared to discuss what they are interested in.

Once the panel interview begins, as they always do, with introductions. Make sure you memorize everyone's name on the panel. Always address the members of the panel by their names. Whenever someone on the panel ask you a question you acknowledge them by name before you answer their question.

Good Luck.

Should I refer to them as "[FIRST NAME]" or by "[Mr./Ms. [LAST NAME]"? Usually I would err on the side of the later, but the recruiter refered to the CIO by first name in her message so I'm not sure if that's just what they do around there.

Back