I hate this place

Status
Not open for further replies.
You got the right idea. Use this as an opportunity to get some experience and relocate to an area where there's a lot of employment opportunities. Cbus is booming right now. You might struggle at first finding work in your specific field but you'll have no problem finding a job that will pay you a living wage. Worse case scenario my wife will hire you to clean rooms. She's always looking for help at her hotel. Ya know, in case you need the additional money.

Scrubbing toilets would be a low level entry job for him. :D

Well I wasn't exactly sure what "your field" was. Lots of opportunities here in Dublin in programing. I know several guys who work in that field here in Dublin and yea...they make great money. Both will probably die young from over work, lack of exercise and stress but they got shit loads of money! LOL

I think entry level for programmers is around $50kpy and mid career is about $80-90 kpy here in Cbus. That's with an undergraduate degree.

Just some of the employers here in Dublin that hire programmers are;

Cardinal Health
Nationwide Insurance
Ohio Health
Fiserv Corp
Careworks
Quest
NCO
JP Morgan Chase
Century Link
Alcatel-Lucent
HP
Dell
Northwoods

and that's just Dublin.

I would be perfectly happy if I never get another second of free time in my life if it meant getting out of here.

My youngest son Josh aged 22 graduated in 2014, he is now on his second IT job earning £50k in London.
Adjusted for exchange rate and cost of living of London vs. Cbus that would be comparable to earing $43,000 kpy here in Cbus. London is one damned expensive city to live in. Not bad. I didn't make a comparable salary till I was in my early 30's.

I would be perfectly happy if I never get another second of free time in my life if it meant getting out of here.
That sounds about like how I felt about my hometown when I graduated high school. To quote Luke Skywalker about his hometown "If there's a bright center of the universe you're on the planet it's farthest from.".

Let me know if you land the internship. We'll make sure you don't starve or end up living in the hood. You'd like Cbus. It's certainly no Los Angeles or London but it beats the hell out of Pigs Knuckle, Mississippi.

Adjusted for exchange rate and cost of living of London vs. Cbus that would be comparable to earing $43,000 kpy here in Cbus. London is one damned expensive city to live in. Not bad. I didn't make a comparable salary till I was in my early 30's.

Yes it is expensive which why he is sharing a flat with my other son and his wife. He could make a fuckton more if he went to one of the City banks and trading floors but he hates those kind of places. He is getting some really sort after skills at his present company. He is rapidly becoming a Linux security guru, with red hot C++ and Java experience under his belt.

So you speak for sheep now? Have much experience sheep sleeperer?

He is an honourary member of OSIA! I believe it was for his superlative sheep shagging skills.

news-header.png

http://ohiosheep.org/news.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back