I know Im not the only one with this problem.........

Yes, those penalties that happen in the last two minutes decide a lot of games. Too many.

I've noticed that there always is a bad call in every game, and the referees know it was a bad call. And the coach of the team penalized is gonna raise hell with the Ref. But then, the refs will try to overcompensate for it by flagging the other team a few plays later, with another questionable call going in the other way. Then everybody has a legitimate bitch. Everybody is mad at the refs. But here again, I believe that the refs could flag every down for either holding or interference.

Like I also said, the silly rules are the reason why, and it puts the refs in a Damn them if they do- and Damn them if they don't situation.

Too many teams use interference and holding as a strategy for their offensive linemen and defensive backs. They are coached to do whatever it takes to shut down the opposition, even if you have to hold or interfere, JUST DON'T GET CAUGHT, and this is another reason why the refs have a harder job than they should have to have. It will continue until the refs start flagging them. You'll see coaches talking to the refs and telling them what to watch for, because they see it, before the refs do a lot of times. When the refs start focusing on these certain players, it ain't long before they get a flag.

Intentionally fouling is a double edged sword- that will end up burning you in the long run. And Defensive coordinators and Offensive line coaches that are coaching this as a strategy need to just STOP IT!

I say fine the fuck out of these teams that are abusing the penalty system like that. I just don't think that risking a penalty by intentionally holding and interfering is a strategy that wins in the long run, and I do not think it has a place in the NFL- or NBA as far as that is concerned.
Any coach/player who complains about the refs during a press conference faces big fines. That's problematic.

And yes...how many times do we see the 'hail Mary' play late in the game because the QB is hoping for a PI call?

That game and the Bills game are two of the most incredible games I've seen in my lifetime. I almost turned it off. Really glad I didn't.
LOL. I DID turn off the Denver playoff game back in the 90's, and turned it back on later.

I was at a pool league meeting last Sat. and saw that the Vikings were behind by 15. I made a comment about how unbelievable it was, and a guy told me that they were behind by a ton, and were coming back.

I left the meeting and missed the end of the game

Admission.....I am a Wisconsin guy through and through but HATE the Packers with a burning passion. Love the Badgers Brewers and Bucks though...
I watched The Pack when Lombardy was the coach. I was thrilled with the Giants beat them on that frigid night in the playoffs when Favre was a gunslinger.

I've been impressed with Rodgers for years, and typically rooted for them.

Until he pulled his vax shit. Anyone who uses the term 'Woke' in order to make a point is dead to me.

I'm loving this season, when he spends quite a bit of time on his ass.

Shame...because he's very talented.

I watched The Pack when Lombardy was the coach. I was thrilled with the Giants beat them on that frigid night in the playoffs when Favre was a gunslinger.

Until he pulled his vax shit. Anyone who uses the term 'Woke' in order to make a point is dead to me.

That certainly is barbaric and idiotic.

Any coach/player who complains about the refs during a press conference faces big fines. That's problematic.

And yes...how many times do we see the 'hail Mary' play late in the game because the QB is hoping for a PI call?

Yep! There should be no penalty in the NFL that nets a team a 75 yard pickup for any violation. That's like deciding game outcomes.

15 yards should be the max of yards for any penalty! Never did like that SPOT-OF-THE-FOUL bullshit!

Rogers, foot-in-mouth and all, is still one of the best QB's at reading a defense and finding open receivers. But, he's beat up, and getting too old to get out of the pocket, and this year his protection has been sucking! Rogers hurts me just watching him play through the pain week after week now. Shoot him up with pain killers and send him back on out there, RIGHT? LOL! Too many 4th down 1 yard quarterback sneaks and goal-line stands in his career- too many sacks, and they've finally taken their toll on the chap- but it was fun while it lasted. He WAS a scoring machine!

The winning teams today have QB's that are a large part of their run offense. If you don't have one, YOU BETTER GET ONE!

So Rogers is going to end up as a Back-up QB somewhere if he wants to stay playing! AND EVERY TEAM IN THE LEAGUE WILL WANT HIM ON THEIR BENCH!

But it won't be for MEGA MILLIONS anymore! :laugh:

Last edited:
LOL. I DID turn off the Denver playoff game back in the 90's, and turned it back on later.

I was at a pool league meeting last Sat. and saw that the Vikings were behind by 15. I made a comment about how unbelievable it was, and a guy told me that they were behind by a ton, and were coming back.

I left the meeting and missed the end of the game

The strange part about the Colts game was that the refs took two Vikings TDs away from them, and they still found a way to win. It didn't seem like a frenetic comeback. Cousins even got intercepted during the whole comeback. It was crazy. My wife, who doesn't care much about football, was enthralled. Crazy game. The Bills game was almost as crazy.

I didn't know they could do that. I thought you had to graduate high school!

I think it has to be approved by the state's athletic regulatory body. The 17th state just voted to allow students to participate.

I didn't think a high school student could get big deals since they would not really be known before they become a big name in college, but I guess the companies try to predict success. Some high school students are already making deals with sponsors before they even play college football.

Big game tonight - the Jags play the Jets. Hoping for the best here. Thank God we got Doug Pederson for a coach, he has really made the difference.

Big game tonight - the Jags play the Jets. Hoping for the best here. Thank God we got Doug Pederson for a coach, he has really made the difference.

I'm in Las Vegas right now and just put money on the Jets. But the Jets have to win by at least 3 points for me to win.

Good luck!

True story. I personally know the GM of your team. Not saying I know him like I brother but I do know him. Did business with him. Two odd things about him. In person he is a super nice guy,.... laid back, very cordial. But I have read that he can be a real SOB and stabs coaches in the back. I myself have never seen anything remotely like that though so it could all be bullshit. 2nd,...he has a voice that sounds like a liitle old man. LOL Raspy, high pitched,....like he's 90 years old. He was voted NFL exec of the year back when he teamed up with Harbaugh in S.F. Oh,...and he is a fellow Wisconsinite.

True story. I personally know the GM of your team. Not saying I know him like I brother but I do know him. Did business with him. Two odd things about him. In person he is a super nice guy,.... laid back, very cordial. But I have read that he can be a real SOB and stabs coaches in the back. I myself have never seen anything remotely like that though so it could all be bullshit. 2nd,...he has a voice that sounds like a liitle old man. LOL Raspy, high pitched,....like he's 90 years old. He was voted NFL exec of the year back when he teamed up with Harbaugh in S.F. Oh,...and he is a fellow Wisconsinite.
Wow, really - Trent Baalke, right? I know nothing about him but there was much controversy going on about him and they wanted him OUT. I don't how he got to stay but he did. It truly is a small world!

Wow, really - Trent Baalke, right? I know nothing about him but there was much controversy going on about him and they wanted him OUT. I don't how he got to stay but he did. It truly is a small world!

Yep. Baalke. Wayyyyy small world.

The strange part about the Colts game was that the refs took two Vikings TDs away from them, and they still found a way to win. It didn't seem like a frenetic comeback. Cousins even got intercepted during the whole comeback. It was crazy. My wife, who doesn't care much about football, was enthralled. Crazy game. The Bills game was almost as crazy.
At my pool meeting, one guy was rooting for a tie. He bet 'over' on the 2 1/2 ties for the season. There have been 2. He stood to win $10k.

Rogers, foot-in-mouth and all, is still one of the best QB's at reading a defense and finding open receivers. But, he's beat up, and getting too old to get out of the pocket, and this year his protection has been sucking! Rogers hurts me just watching him play through the pain week after week now. Shoot him up with pain killers and send him back on out there, RIGHT? LOL! Too many 4th down 1 yard quarterback sneaks and goal-line stands in his career- too many sacks, and they've finally taken their toll on the chap- but it was fun while it lasted. He WAS a scoring machine!

The winning teams today have QB's that are a large part of their run offense. If you don't have one, YOU BETTER GET ONE!

So Rogers is going to end up as a Back-up QB somewhere if he wants to stay playing! AND EVERY TEAM IN THE LEAGUE WILL WANT HIM ON THEIR BENCH!

But it won't be for MEGA MILLIONS anymore! :laugh:
Rodgers still has a cannon. I was a big fan up until his little meltdown over the vaccine. It was the first time I had heard him discuss anything besides football. He's actually an idiot.

His whole story is cool. He sat the bench behind Favre who was the ultimate drama queen for the last 3 or so years of his GB career. Management finally told him to get lost, because they had that cannon on the bench. Rodgers paid immediate dividends, and nobody was talking about Favre

Except Jets fans ;)

Last edited:
Back