I received double my order and don't know what I should do.

I ordered a mini-fridge from a seller on Ebay. It showed up and I haven't even got a chance to set it up. Now two days later a second exact fridge showed up addressed to me. I checked and wasn't double charged. What would you do?

Some years ago, I bought a 40" flat panel TV at Sears.

I picked it up immediately at the customer pickup area. The kid working there didn't seem to know what he was doing, but I got the TV and brought it home.

A few days later I received notification that my TV was ready to be picked up and I could come in any time and get it.

I could have easily gone there, picked up another TV set, brought it home, put it up for sale on Craigslist and gotten most of my money back. But I just couldn't do it. I notified them and let them know I'd already picked t up.

I'm not claiming to be a saint. If I got an extra few bucks in change back at the store, I might keep it, depending on the cashier's attitude. If I found a $20 or $50 bill in the parking lot, I'd probably keep it.

But something like keeping a TV was just too much.

I don't know what your mini fridge cost, but if it was much more than a hundred bucks or so, I'd contact them and at least give them the opportunity to send a UPS or FedEx driver out to pick it up. Likely they'll just not take the effort and let you keep it. But you'll be able to feel better about yourself.

My parents taught me to do unto others as I would have done unto me. I try to live by that rule.
I've often given people money back when they pay me cash, and two bills were stuck together. I found $40 lying in a parking lot on a rainy day. The money was dry, so it couldn't have been there very long. I went into the nearest store and asked if anyone had just come into the store. One woman responded, and I asked if she dropped something. It wasn't her.

But...on the corporate level, I don't concern myself so much. I've made honest mistakes at Walmart where I ended up walking out with merchandise that I wasn't charged for. I don't lose sleep over it.

I would call the seller, let them know what happened" leave the ball in their court

I have had the same thing happen on small ticket items and the seller just told me to keep it
Because the shipping isn't worth it to them.

I picked it up immediately at the customer pickup area. The kid working there didn't seem to know what he was doing, but I got the TV and brought it home.

A few days later I received notification that my TV was ready to be picked up and I could come in any time and get it.

I could have easily gone there, picked up another TV set, brought it home, put it up for sale on Craigslist and gotten most of my money back. But I just couldn't do it. I notified them and let them know I'd already picked t up.

I'm not claiming to be a saint. If I got an extra few bucks in change back at the store, I might keep it, depending on the cashier's attitude. If I found a $20 or $50 bill in the parking lot, I'd probably keep it.

I don't know what your mini fridge cost, but if it was much more than a hundred bucks or so, I'd contact them and at least give them the opportunity to send a UPS or FedEx driver out to pick it up. Likely they'll just not take the effort and let you keep it. But you'll be able to feel better about yourself.

I'm returning it today. I had one demand that it be shipped postal. UPS and FedEx that are not simple drops are a ways away. I have to drop off a local absentee ballot anyway and it's just down the road from the post office. I've kept a twenty myself but I did lather it in sanitizer.

I'm returning it today. I had one demand that it be shipped postal. UPS and FedEx that are not simple drops are a ways away. I have to drop off a local absentee ballot anyway and it's just down the road from the post office. I've kept a twenty myself but I did lather it in sanitizer.

I would have insisted that they send a driver out to my house to pick it up.

Good point, they could have had UPS or FedEx just pick it up from his home.

I'm not sure that would work. We managed a delivery on a smaller truck but with all the torrential rain we got our driveway has washed out on the side and left a channel you could sink a tire into. You can skirt along the side in a smaller vehicle.

So whether or not you're honest is dependent upon the amount?

No UPS or FedEx pick up available?

I'm sure you know what's best and easiest for you.

I never thought to ask since it's like 3 miles to the post office. I think UPS is maybe like 17 miles out. We live on a private road and as I told Owl, our driveway has issues for big vehicles. It was an excuse to get a carry-out anyway.

wow, you did the right thing

do you want a fucking parade?

only a leftist would tell that story

that is what society has become, douchebags who think it is a chore to do the right thing

that is what society has become, douchebags who think it is a chore to do the right thing

What he did is admit that his "honesty" is based on an amount not doing the right thing.

Way to totally twist and misrepresent the meaning and intent of what I said.

But then, being the typical right-wing Trump-trash that you are, it's not surprising.

What he did is admit that his "honesty" is based on an amount not doing the right thing.

Tell us all about what a saint you are, redneck trash BOY.

Do you wear your "wife-beater" shirt for any specific reason or just to show off what a redneck asshole you are?

Way to totally twist and misrepresent the meaning and intent of what I said.

But then, being the typical right-wing Trump-trash that you are, it's not surprising.

:laugh: Just bring up him needing to parade around banning certain posters and laugh. You could also bring up his contempt and shit-eating grin over the prospect of cities he doesn't like burning and ask where his doing the right thing stands. The guy needs to simmer.

:laugh: Just bring up him needing to parade around banning certain posters and laugh. You could also bring up his contempt and shit-eating grin over the prospect of cities he doesn't like burning and ask where his doing the right thing stands. The guy needs to simmer.

Actually, I just don't care enough or know enough about the garbage he posts to even bother. :laugh:

Back