I think I might have a legal issue with my company

Did you tell him about the long hours at the glory hole?

LOL. I wouldn't WANT your "success" compared to what I have. LOLOLOL.

We know that's really you Perry...

02seattle-web1-superJumbo.jpg

We know that's really you Perry...

One of the weirdest aspects of this forum is that there are SO MANY PEOPLE who resort to the "I'm rubber, you're glue" mode of defense. If you are unable to come up with YOUR OWN insult, just take the one that was put at you and turn it around! 100% CLEVER!

You know you look like a fuckin' moron when you do that.

Try harder. Try coming up with YOUR OWN insults!

(Or not...I suspect you are a serious dimbulb.)

Texas is not a sate committed to protecting workers or consumers either for that matter.
No "red state" is.

The working class will vote Republican for the permission to call black people 'niggers' and gay people "faggots,"

and, of course, the right to go to church or the mall armed to the teeth,

and let's not forget the responsibility to bring unwanted babies into the world but then not care for them.

Texas is not a sate committed to protecting workers or consumers either for that matter.
No "red state" is.

The working class will vote Republican for the permission to call black people 'niggers' and gay people "faggots,"

and let's not forget the responsibility to bring unwanted babies into the world but then not care for them.

Which is worse?

A state that goes all-out to protect workers at the expense of employers or a state that goes all out to protect employers at the expense of workers.

In states that practice the former, there is a shortage of good jobs and employers because they leave the state leaving workers unemployed. The employers who stay start treating their workers poorly in most cases because of regulations forced on them by the state making it hard to stay in business. In the later, there is a mix of good and bad employers, the bad ones taking advantage of the workers, but at least everyone has a job...

Which is worse?

A state that goes all-out to protect workers at the expense of employers or a state that goes all out to protect employers at the expense of workers.

In states that practice the former, there is a shortage of good jobs and employers because they leave the state leaving workers unemployed. The employers who stay start treating their workers poorly in most cases because of regulations forced on them by the state making it hard to stay in business. In the later, there is a mix of good and bad employers, the bad ones taking advantage of the workers, but at least everyone has a job...

That does not comport with the actual facts

Which is worse?

Here; the deal. States' rights suck. They are conceptually despicable.

Proper national labor laws don't give employers the option, and they're competing with others facing the same regulations.
AssHat's tariffs may be imposed to compensate for foreign competitors exploiting and abusing their workers.

It all boils down to your concepts of what freedoms are reasonable.
You believe that freedom trumps responsibility, and I believe that responsibility is what makes reasonable freedom plausible.

Which is worse?

The latter. The latter by a long shot.

The employers (in the absence of a union) and especially in right to work states have a huge lever over the employee. And we've seen throughout almost all of history how that relationship goes. The Gilded Age is awash in the blood of strikers who were gunned down by wealthy industrialists. We've seen how that works.

In states that practice the former, there is a shortage of good jobs

There are no states like that. There are states that put limits on the employer, yes, but not totally at the expense of the employer. Usually the reason companies don't go to a specific geography these days is because they can't get a sweet tax deal there. That's the name of the game: screw the locals and get freebies from the municipality in exchange for bringing a few low-wage jobs in.

I worked at the biggest Buick dealership in Ohio ten years,they will try to get away with anything they can!
Good luck.

Another thing that could get this my outfit "in the soup" is they let me drive vehicles around the lot without a company insurance card. That was one huge requirement at my last car sales job. They wouldn't let you touch a steering wheel without being insured by the shop. They're playing fast and loose with the law at this place.

Last edited:
It's also the other salespeople who will grab your customer who happens to come in for one more look on your day off.

Yeah, I saw two of the guys get into fight over a customer. A interesting cultural difference in TX is the younger guys call each other "bro" instead of "dude" in conversation:

"Bro! That was my customer!". "Bro! No it wasn't" :)

Another thing that could get this my outfit "in the soup" is they let me drive vehicles around the lot without a company insurance card. That was one huge requirement at my last job. They wouldn't let you touch a steering wheel without being insured by the shop. They're playing fast and loose with the law at this place.

Surely by now you have figured out that you made a mistake in signing on.

Of course! Anything goes!

Since I started in this business the first thing you're supposed to ask a fresh up (walk-in customer) after greeting them is if they're already working with someone at the shop. I wasn't asked to do that here.

Since I started in this business the first thing you're supposed to ask a fresh up (walk-in customer) after greeting them is if they're already working with someone at the shop. I wasn't asked to do that here.

Are we now going to hear dozens of complaints about the place you the expert agreed to work at?

No "red state" is.

Well, again. When I was a hiring manager my HR department told us that state law cannot override Federal law when it comes to labor practices. Given the fact they let non-company insured workers drive expensive vehicles around and outside the lot, I don't think compliance with rules and laws is a big deal in my shop. One of the new kids the other day grabbed a key out of the keylock and took a 2022, tricked out charger off the lot for a spin. If the kid hit or injured anyone, the shop would be on the hook for big bucks.

Which is worse?

There are just as many car shops in blue states as there are in red states and I was a car salesperson at the car shop in WA. I had no problem find a job there.

Almost all big tech companies, like Microsoft, FB, Twitter, etc have huge footprints in blue states. The labor laws don't seem to chase them off.

Intel left California almost entirely as has the entire chip and electronics manufacturing industry. That is true across Blue states. Why? Because those states usually have the most onerous regulatory requirements on manufacturing anything.

I remember reading a case of a ladder manufacturer in California year ago. The state came in and told him he had to do like a million + in upgrades and environmental controls on his plant or they wouldn't let him make ladders. He called his entire workforce, something like 50 people in and introduced them to the state regulators and then told them they were all terminated as of like a few days. He said he'd pay them in full with a bonus.
He then said if they wanted their job he'd be glad to keep them on in Goodyear Arizona where the plant was moving ASAP. He said the reason was the regulators--standing there--had demanded he make unaffordable upgrades to his plant in California. They had to call the cops to keep the regulators from being beaten to death by the employees...

Funny thing, he makes ladders in Goodyear AZ and sells them in California... (among other places).

California fucked themselves when it comes to manufacturing.

Back