I wish Iraq WAS like vietnam!

Am I the only conservative left on the message boards? Did the rest of them just give up arguing with you idots? All I see, is post after post of liberal idiocy, the same kind of liberal idiocy that got us into this whole mess. We can't appease our way out of this, there is no other option now, except to defeat the radical elements we are at war with. ANY gesture to the contrary, will further strengthen their postition and stature on the world stage, and will be a continuing problem for years to come.

Iraq will be controlled by a unified government, one that the people vote for in free elections. This is important, because it is the democratic model that presents the counter to the ideology of fascist terrorism. If we have any hope of ever winning this war on terror through something other than bombs and bullets, democracy provides the only viable answer.

You JUST SAID, in this very thread, that if you could go back in time, you might vote democratic, and that if we could go back in time, we wouldn't have gone into Iraq at all.

And here you are claiming that 'liberal idiocy" got us into this mess. WTF are you babbling about?

You're not even consistent.

Am I the only conservative left on the message boards? Did the rest of them just give up arguing with you idots? All I see, is post after post of liberal idiocy, the same kind of liberal idiocy that got us into this whole mess. We can't appease our way out of this, there is no other option now, except to defeat the radical elements we are at war with. ANY gesture to the contrary, will further strengthen their postition and stature on the world stage, and will be a continuing problem for years to come.

Iraq will be controlled by a unified government, one that the people vote for in free elections. This is important, because it is the democratic model that presents the counter to the ideology of fascist terrorism. If we have any hope of ever winning this war on terror through something other than bombs and bullets, democracy provides the only viable answer.
No not the only conservative, but one of the very few Neocon bushites left ;)

You JUST SAID, in this very thread, that if you could go back in time, you might vote democratic, and that if we could go back in time, we wouldn't have gone into Iraq at all.

I said, if there was some magical way to go back in time and not go into Iraq, I might do that. If voting for a Democrat today, would make us magically go back in time to before we invaded Iraq, I might vote Democrat. Do you not understand that it is impossible for us to go back in time? Do you not understand, electing a Democrat now, will not make us go back in time?

The point, which seems to have flown comfortably over your pinhead, is that it doesn't matter what my opinion of Iraq is now, we are in Iraq and can't abandon it. We can wish, want, and hope, for things to get better in Iraq, but we can't change what has already been done, no matter who we elect, this will not happen in our universe of reality.

Our choices now, are to deal with the problem and find a viable solution to Iraq, which entails our complete and total victory, and forget about the options of not going into Iraq, since that has already occurred. Voting for a Democrat, is not going to provide any solution such as this, because Democrats apparently live in a fantasy land, where they think Iraq can be undone, simply by voting Democrat.

Yet again dixie, I ask you what is your definition of complete and total victory ? And how do you propose we achieve total victory ?
That total victory thingy must be a buzz phrase of the talk show pundits or something.

-Darla: You JUST SAID, in this very thread, that if you could go back in time, you might vote democratic, and that if we could go back in time, we wouldn't have gone into Iraq at all.

-Dixie: I said, if there was some magical way to go back in time and not go into Iraq, I might do that. If voting for a Democrat today, would make us magically go back in time to before we invaded Iraq, I might vote Democrat.

I congratulate you, Dixie, for admitting your War was a horrible mistake. One that is costing us vast amounts of treasure and blood. It only took you nearly four years to admit your mistake, but better late than never.

congratulations.

Yet again dixie, I ask you what is your definition of complete and total victory ? And how do you propose we achieve total victory ?
That total victory thingy must be a buzz phrase of the talk show pundits or something.

Well, we could start by not trying to undermine the whole effort from start to finish. We might think about actually supporting the Iraqi's in their quest to form a new democracy. We could think about finishing the training and equiping of Iraqi forces, with the tools they need to provide peace to their country. Those are just a few ideas, they seem fairly simple to me.

the forces we have already trianed are now some of the "insurgents".
And my speaking out against the war has not influenced it in one Iota.
It is all bush and his supporters mess.

Yep that's it all right! There is this in today's Guardian, out of England:

While Mr Bush now readily acknowledges the potentially demoralising effects of the violence, there was no sign yesterday that the White House had reached the same conclusion as critics who have called for an early withdrawal of US forces from Iraq.

"The president was making a point that he's made before, which is that terrorists try to exploit pictures and try to use the media as conduits for influencing public opinion in the United States," the White House press secretary, Tony Snow, told reporters yesterday.

He also rejected any comparison between Mr Bush and President Johnson.

"The important thing to remember is that the president is determined it's not going to happen with Iraq, because you have a president who is determined to win," he said.

"We do not think that there has been a flip-over point, but more importantly, from the standpoint of the government and the standpoint of this administration, we are going to continue pursuing victory aggressively."

Full Despicable & Dastardly Story

Like I tell yall, bush and his minions like dixie all shar some common mental and moral defects.
But perhaps they can't help it, it is an illness / defect they were born with .

Like I tell yall, bush and his minions like dixie all shar some common mental and moral defects.
But perhaps they can't help it, it is an illness / defect they were born with .

That is so true. I have seen that first-hand. Bush accolytes share much in common with the entire bush team in regards to sad morals AND methods.

the forces we have already trianed are now some of the "insurgents".
And my speaking out against the war has not influenced it in one Iota.
It is all bush and his supporters mess.

I never mentioned your speaking out against the war, as having an influence. I fully realize you are an insignificant message board punk, who doesn't influence much of anything. The voices of the Democrat party, those who are elected and serving in the Congress in particular, have a great deal of influence, because their words are used by the enemy propagandists.

You may very well be able to blame "the whole mess" on Bush, but the fact of reality is, regardless of who we vote for, there is still a problem that has to be fixed, and in a way that we prevail with a victory. That is the point I am trying to establish.... you can hate Bush from now until eternity, it doesn't change what is happening in Iraq, or how to deal with Iraq in the present-tense. So far, I have not heard anything reasonable coming from Democrats, on how to deal with the problem now. I hear a lot of belly-aching about why we should have never gone, why it was crazy, why it was dumb, why it is a failure... but not very many solutions, now that it's a reality. Of the few solutions offered, like the ones Prissy likes to post links to, most of them are already part of the Bush strategy and are being implemented. The remainder, are things we have tried and they didn't work, or things that are absolutely too ridiculous to consider. The fact is, you really don't have a viable plan for Iraq, other than the one we are currently implementing, you just want to fool people into thinking you could implement the plans better.

It's amazing that you think you deserve the people's vote on this basis, considering you were so easily manipulated and duped by the Bush administration on Iraq.

and our point continues to be: your definition of "victory" is unrealistic and unachieveable.

What would you have done to achieve victory in Vietnam? How many more tens of thousands of American lives (other than your own, of course, which we KNOW you would never give for an American victory anywhere) would you have been willing to sacrifice over there to achieve that "victory" and what would it have meant to America differently than what has transpired?

and remember: the majority of congressional democrats were NOT duped by Bush on Iraq.... the majority of OUR delegation saw through his lies and bullshit.... nearly every single republican, however, WAS duped. What does that say for YOUR party?

I fully realize you are an insignificant message board punk, who doesn't influence much of anything.
//
Oh I fully realize this Dix, do you ?

And total victory is not the only possible answer to the problem.
The reason that you can only see that answer is a result of your being afflicted with the "bush Syndrome".

I predicted this, like two years ago:

That the NeoCons would begin to blame "the media" and "the liberals" for their failed war in Iraq.

So far, I have not heard anything reasonable coming from Democrats, on how to deal with the problem now....

Please stop pretending you never saw the numerous links I gave you to Democratic plans for iraq.

his statement was correct from his narrow viewpoint cypress. Dix only considers total victory as reasonable, he can't help it ;)

Back