I wish Iraq WAS like vietnam!

And total victory is not the only possible answer to the problem.

Well, it is unless you want more deaths of American troops and possibly civilians, somewhere down the road. Iraq is now the central front in the war on Islamofascism, they said this themselves. You simply can't declare defeat in Iraq, and win the war on terror. So, total and complete victory in Iraq, is paramount to winning the overall war on terror, and to pretend it's not, is just void of any reasonable logic and reality.

But thanks for pointing out that the Democrats don't consider victory in Iraq important, the voters need to know this before the elections. They need to fully understand, your plans for Iraq are to give up everything we've sacrificed so far, to abandon the people of Iraq and turn it into Bush's Fuckup. They need to realize your motives are to regain power at all costs, and the people of Iraq, the soldiers who've died, democracy in the middle east, fighting terrorism, and our own national security, are completely expendable in the quest to make Iraq into Vietnam and Bush into Johnson.

As long as the voters go to the polls knowing this and understanding your position, I am content with whatever the outcome shall be. If Americans want to flush 3,000 soldiers lives down the tubes, as well as the monetary resources, to make Bush into a failure, then so be it. The bottom line is this... it still won't solve the problem in Iraq.

Dix, Bush already flushed nearly 3000 american lives down the drain, too late to stop that . And far more than that have had their lives destroyed by Bush's screw up and you think we shoud get more killed , just so you hero will not look so bad ?

you really need professional help dix.

I would like to see Dix rassle a grizzly and see if he would cut and run or stay the course :)
I mean would you flush that hand that just got bit off down the drain or go right back in for total victory ?

And total victory is not the only possible answer to the problem.

Well, it is unless you want more deaths of American troops and possibly civilians, somewhere down the road. Iraq is now the central front in the war on Islamofascism, they said this themselves. You simply can't declare defeat in Iraq, and win the war on terror. So, total and complete victory in Iraq, is paramount to winning the overall war on terror, and to pretend it's not, is just void of any reasonable logic and reality.

But thanks for pointing out that the Democrats don't consider victory in Iraq important, the voters need to know this before the elections. They need to fully understand, your plans for Iraq are to give up everything we've sacrificed so far, to abandon the people of Iraq and turn it into Bush's Fuckup. They need to realize your motives are to regain power at all costs, and the people of Iraq, the soldiers who've died, democracy in the middle east, fighting terrorism, and our own national security, are completely expendable in the quest to make Iraq into Vietnam and Bush into Johnson.

As long as the voters go to the polls knowing this and understanding your position, I am content with whatever the outcome shall be. If Americans want to flush 3,000 soldiers lives down the tubes, as well as the monetary resources, to make Bush into a failure, then so be it. The bottom line is this... it still won't solve the problem in Iraq.

The idea of "Victory" as portrayed here by the Dixie and his wighat is becoming more and more delusional since nothing like victory even seems possible anymore.

Some in higher echelons of power are beginning to realize that even if Bush still doesn't. Richard Haas, the former chief of the policy planning operations in the State Department during Mr. Bush’s first term said, "The Iraq situation is not winnable in any real sense of the word ‘winnable,’ " I guess that is about as plain as you can say it. And I wouldn't think that this speaker is a Democrat, would you????

Instead of saying that "victory is the only option," it appears that victory is no longer an option.

So far, I have not heard anything reasonable coming from Democrats, on how to deal with the problem now....

Please stop pretending you never saw the numerous links I gave you to Democratic plans for iraq.
Most of them spoke in generalities and had meager substance other than running away (oops, I meant redeployment). Then again, you might recall that I predicted that the US would have a near permanent presence in Iraq. I did in fact say that we would be there for 50 years. Quagmire.

I would be overjoyed, if we could handle Iraq in the same manner as we handled Vietnam. If it was simply a matter of withdrawing our troops and enduring the shame of defeat for a few decades, I could live with that. If we could simply pull our troops out and let the chips fall where they may in Iraq, with no real consequence to us, then I would be tickled to death about just throwing in the towel and abandoning the objective.

Unfortunately, Iraq is not Vietnam. Our defeat, or perception of defeat, in Iraq, will only be the beginning of the problems that lie ahead. Radical Islamic Fundamentalism will continue to spread across Europe, and will gain even more intensity in the Middle East. As nations begin to succumb to the radicalism, other nations will become vulnerable, and very shortly the dominoes will begin to fall. If radicals are able to secure nuclear weapons, we could watch in horror, as American cities vanish before our eyes.

This is more than some territorial dispute, it's more complicated than a simple difference in governmental ideology, it is a literal battle for civilization and western culture. We didn't start this war, they did, and they have no intentions of just folding up shop and going home, should we retreat from Iraq.

so, you would be overjoyed if this war in Iraq was like the war in VietNam, eh?

have YOU FORGOTTEN that OVER 50,000 USA soldiers were KILLED, SNUFFED OUT FOREVER and a day, in viet nam?

how could you even ''wish'' such a thing....for your partisan purposes?

so, you would be overjoyed if this war in Iraq was like the war in VietNam, eh?

have YOU FORGOTTEN that OVER 50,000 USA soldiers were KILLED, SNUFFED OUT FOREVER and a day, in viet nam?

how could you even ''wish'' such a thing....for your partisan purposes?

Care, I think you misunderstood me. I was being patronizing to Democrats who want to make Iraq into Vietnam. I wish it were that easy, I wish this WAS like Vietnam, where we could just pack up and come home with no real consequence... it ain't! I wish we could afford to just abandon the Iraqi's, like we abandoned S. Vietnam, and never look back... we can't.

If we are talking about my dream wishes... I wish there was no war, and we all ran around naked with daisies, singing Kumbaya! Of course, that isn't going to happen in reality, but it would be a wonderful world to live in.

Dix, Bush already flushed nearly 3000 american lives down the drain, too late to stop that . And far more than that have had their lives destroyed by Bush's screw up and you think we shoud get more killed , just so you hero will not look so bad ?

No, not so anyone looks good or bad... I would like for those who gave their lives for this, to have given their lives for something meaningful and worthwhile, like the first successful Arab democracy, which eventually defeated terrorism and radicalism and brought lasting peace to the middle east region. As opposed to turning their deaths into meaningless and insignificant, and representative of failure, like you wish to do. I would like for the troops to return to ticker-tape and heroes welcomes, as opposed to being spat on at the airport and called baby killers, like you would prefer.

No, not so anyone looks good or bad... I would like for those who gave their lives for this, to have given their lives for something meaningful and worthwhile, like the first successful Arab democracy, which eventually defeated terrorism and radicalism and brought lasting peace to the middle east region. As opposed to turning their deaths into meaningless and insignificant, and representative of failure, like you wish to do. I would like for the troops to return to ticker-tape and heroes welcomes, as opposed to being spat on at the airport and called baby killers, like you would prefer.

-Dixie wrote, October 20: "There is no way to turn back the hands of time, and not go into Iraq, if we could do that, and voting for Democrats would make that happen, I would probably vote Democrat!"

spat on at the airport and such.
let me tell you little man I have been thru that, when I cam back from nam.
So Just keep talking out your ass buddy, you are on ignore.

Dixie, the yellow coward who avoided serving his country talks so fucking tough to those of us who have served from behind the safety of his computer monitor, there in the birmingham trailer park with all the other illiterate redneck cowards.

Hell has a special spot for assholes like Dixie.... I pray the chickenshit little douchebag gets there quick.

I wonder why he never comments about that wonderful quote of his that you use in your signature, Cypress....

It is really wonderful when a flatulent gadfly like Dixie is confronted with his own words and he simply sticks his head in the sand and acts as if no one notices!

I would be overjoyed, if we could handle Iraq in the same manner as we handled Vietnam. If it was simply a matter of withdrawing our troops and enduring the shame of defeat for a few decades, I could live with that. If we could simply pull our troops out and let the chips fall where they may in Iraq, with no real consequence to us, then I would be tickled to death about just throwing in the towel and abandoning the objective.

Unfortunately, Iraq is not Vietnam. Our defeat, or perception of defeat, in Iraq, will only be the beginning of the problems that lie ahead. Radical Islamic Fundamentalism will continue to spread across Europe, and will gain even more intensity in the Middle East. As nations begin to succumb to the radicalism, other nations will become vulnerable, and very shortly the dominoes will begin to fall. If radicals are able to secure nuclear weapons, we could watch in horror, as American cities vanish before our eyes.

This is more than some territorial dispute, it's more complicated than a simple difference in governmental ideology, it is a literal battle for civilization and western culture. We didn't start this war, they did, and they have no intentions of just folding up shop and going home, should we retreat from Iraq.

Radical Islamic Fundamentalism is not a virus that spreads uncontrollably.

Your comments make it seem very much like Vietnam. There was the same irrational fear that communism would spread uncontrollably. The biggest difference is the Iraquis/terrorists are less capable of fighting and killing us than the Vietnamese were.

Iraq started the war?

-Dixie wrote, October 20: "There is no way to turn back the hands of time, and not go into Iraq, if we could do that, and voting for Democrats would make that happen, I would probably vote Democrat!"

That's right, moron... That's what I said... IF that were possible, I MIGHT vote Democrat! Of course, IF a frog had wings, it wouldn't bump its ass when it jumped, too! Surely you understand that I am saying... IF the fucking impossible were possible... I might vote Democrat! The reality, in the real world that non-retarded people live in here, this is NOT possible, this can NOT happen, we can't turn back time and make Iraq a non-reality! IF there were a fucking way to do it, and voting for Democrats would make the impossible happen, I MIGHT vote Democrat!

I am not saying that I think Iraq was a mistake, or that I wish we weren't in Iraq, or that I wish Democrats had been in charge, or anything else your pinhead brain wants to conjure up from what I said. Simply put, your entire argument seems to be, vote for Democrats because you wish Iraq never happened... I am saying, if there were a way to make Iraq an event that never happened, simply by voting for Democrats, I might be inclined to vote Democrat! Of course, that is silly, nothing is going to make Iraq an event that never happened, however, it seems to be the argument Democrats want to present.

You people really do have trouble with context.

spat on at the airport and such.
let me tell you little man I have been thru that, when I cam back from nam.
So Just keep talking out your ass buddy, you are on ignore.

Well, maybe that episode is what prompts you to continue your anti-war crusade so fervently? You figure, if you were spat on after risking your life, why shouldn't these guys too? They are no better than you, so why shouldn't they get the same treatment you got? Is that what's going on in your head? Because it really explains a lot.

As for "ignore," I hope you do put me on ignore, the less you respond to me, the better! I encourage ALL idiot moron pinheads to put me on ignore! Do it NOW! The less I have to put up with your idiotic replies, the better!

Looks like Dixie ran out of drugs this morning and is having a bit of a meltdown. Just cook up some more meth Dixie, things always look better after that first syringe in the morning.

Radical Islamic Fundamentalism is not a virus that spreads uncontrollably.

Your comments make it seem very much like Vietnam. There was the same irrational fear that communism would spread uncontrollably. The biggest difference is the Iraquis/terrorists are less capable of fighting and killing us than the Vietnamese were.

Iraq started the war?

Granted, fear of something, is most always the cause for war. We feared Hitler and Nazi's ruling the world in WWII, we feared British colonization when we declared our independence as a nation, we spent billions of dollars over 40 years, on a nuclear arsenal, because why???? We feared the Soviets would attack us first. So, you can call it "irrational fear" if you like, it's the impetus behind every war we've ever fought, the fear of what's at stake.

With Communism, Fascism, and Imperialism, we faced an enemy devoted to an ideology of government... with Radical Islamic Fundamentalists, we face an enemy devoted religiously, to an ideology of spiritual faith. It is the religious component that is so dangerous, because humans are much more personally devoted to faith-based ideology, than governmental ideology.

You guys astound me with your convoluted views on things. Here, we have a pinhead telling us... the terrorists are less able to kill us than the Vietnamese... which is true, but subsequently, if they are less able to kill us, we are more able to defeat them... yet, you will continue to insist we can't win this war, it's impossible, we are creating more than we are killing.

Back