I wish Iraq WAS like vietnam!

Granted, fear of something, is most always the cause for war. We feared Hitler and Nazi's ruling the world in WWII, we feared British colonization when we declared our independence as a nation, we spent billions of dollars over 40 years, on a nuclear arsenal, because why???? We feared the Soviets would attack us first. So, you can call it "irrational fear" if you like, it's the impetus behind every war we've ever fought, the fear of what's at stake.

We entered WWII because we were attacked. Germany declared war on us.

British colonization was a fact not an irrational fear.

These are not at all analogous to fearing the spread of an ideology. Ideas can be combatted with better ideas. The biggest cause for the spread of radical muslims is probably the fact that we lump all muslims with them and therefore destroy moderates.

You guys astound me with your convoluted views on things. Here, we have a pinhead telling us... the terrorists are less able to kill us than the Vietnamese... which is true, but subsequently, if they are less able to kill us, we are more able to defeat them... yet, you will continue to insist we can't win this war, it's impossible, we are creating more than we are killing.

Your argument is that it is an ideological "war." That is best fought with ideas not bombs.

-Dixie, October 21: I am not saying that I think Iraq was a mistake, or that I wish we weren't in Iraq, or that I wish Democrats had been in charge, or anything else your pinhead brain wants to conjure up from what I said.

-Dixie wrote, October 20: "There is no way to turn back the hands of time, and not go into Iraq, if we could do that, and voting for Democrats would make that happen, I would probably vote Democrat!"

It was British colonialisation that created the US.

So will the US colonization of Iraq one day create a capitalistic democracy over there? Just have to supress those darn indians err natives first ;)

It was British colonialisation that created the US.

Maybe in your pinhead this was how it was? I'm sorry to inform you, but the Brits didn't create the US. We actually fought a war against the Brits, for our independence, and won. This was before Europeans infiltrated our society with jelly-spined liberals who are too afraid of hurting someones feelings to fight.

Back