If you want to have a glimpse of an acid trip, try this!!

yes, you lost....and this came from annata's source, not the national enquirer....

Well this is what he said as opposed to what you are saying he said!!

get it?? "passing memery of an earlier experience", no different then nay experince we recall - there is no medical molecule left over.
Nothing to "re-trip" on. I';ve dropped acid literally thousands of times - never had a "flashback", I have had memorys of a trip in a familair deja vu sort of thought. It quickly passes as do most memories of an early life experience.

Wine is a natural product and it is used to enhance the pleasure of food (usually). Red wine is also advantageous to most people particularly those with a heart condition like myself. So it is not really comparable. People take drugs, as far as I know, to get high. A condition I continually experience simply by being alive.

Peyote is natural, shrooms are natural, Pot is natural, etc.
No fermentation is even required, more natural than wine.

who said there was....meanwhile, annata's source said flashback was real.....you said it was a myth......so did annata....should I believe you two or the doctor that annata linked to.....

Again you are not accurately relaying what people say!! I am sure there have been cases but probably there were underlying reasons such as mental illness associated with them.

I don't know anybody that has experienced flashbacks years later, it is a myth for the most part.

To think that drinking wine (for whatever reason) it different than other drugs is hypocritcal. Alcohol is a drug too my friend. It just happens to be the most socially accepted drug at this time, and I might add, the most dangerous by far. Everyday innocent people are killed by drunk drivers.

I'm not trying to pick a fight here but I absolutely agree with this statement. Can anyone tell me why alcohol is "the most dangerous by far" of the drugs providing highs or trips or whatever you want to call them?

Oh, and I have to point out that I agree with this statement as well. I am agreeing with the strangest folks today. ;)

Origiinally posted by Lowicue
It is a sad and sorry life you lead that is enhanced by the use of chemicals. If you do it right LIFE is a high.

I'm not trying to pick a fight here but I absolutely agree with this statement. Can anyone tell me why alcohol is "the most dangerous by far" of the drugs providing highs or trips or whatever you want to call them?
prescription drug deaths -about 20,000 last year.
Mostly overdoses on painkillers. only figures I could find. more ppl are moving away from "illicit" drugs to pharmaceuticals.

Tobacco deaths- can't find the figures, but lung cancer is almost impossible to survive. Add in drinking and driving, or drinking and prescription drugs.
Those are the big 3, booze /cigs/ overdoses of Rx drugs. Or any combination.

LSD and weed deaths? none or miniscule - one cannot OD on weed, although there is the lung Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) - mostly cigs here though. It's the sheer amount of tobacco smoke ( thing of ppl who smoke a cig every hour), although weed is sucked in deeper to the bronchia, mot ppl don't smoke anywhre near the same amount the cigarete smokers.

HTHelps

I am sure there have been cases but probably there were underlying reasons such as mental illness associated with them.

that's likely true of anyone who takes recreational drugs.....

as for inaccurate reporting, it's clearly stated in the portion that annata quoted.....read it yourself.....

actually for the same reason recreational drugs are an equal problem....because the people using them think it isn't a problem.......

Again you are not accurately relaying what people say!! I am sure there have been cases but probably there were underlying reasons such as mental illness associated with them.
anything can happen with the human mind, i have yet to find a documneted case of "flashbacks", but it is possible.
What is NOT possible is that the LSD is some residual molecule that causes it.And yes "hebephrenic sczhiophrenia" ** does mimic a "trip" behavior.

A type of schizophrenia characterized by foolish mannerisms, senseless laughter, delusions, hallucinations, and regressive behavior.

anything can happen with the human mind, i have yet to find a documneted case of "flashbacks", but it is possible.
What is NOT possible is that the LSD is some residual molecule that causes it.And yes "hebephrenic sczhiophrenia" ** does mimic a "trip" behavior.

A type of schizophrenia characterized by foolish mannerisms, senseless laughter, delusions, hallucinations, and regressive behavior.

It only took three minutes on google to find documented cases of flashbacks......
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_info3.shtml
http://www.lsdaddiction.us/content/acid-flashbacks.html
http://simson.net/ref/1970/LSD_Flashbacks.pdf

to: Postmodernprophet

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_info3.shtml
Though evidence shows that LSD interacts acutely with diverse regions of the CNS, and while the drug clearly appears in high concentration along visual pathways, no evidence has been presented that clarifies whether the drug operates at any CNS site on a long-term basis. Of special note is the association between LSD-type flashbacks and the use of marijuana. Six separate reports linked flashbacks to marijuana use, but in each report the subjects described an antecedent use of LSD that also explained the flashback.
Further data from the survey of 720 servicemen in western Europe failed to find a single case of flashbacks in any subjects for whom hashish was the sole drug of consumption. In the same sample, however, 15 subjects were found for whom LSD flashbacks were precipitated by marijuana use.

http://www.lsdaddiction.us/content/acid-flashbacks.html
Sources:
U.S. Department of Justice, National Drug Intelligence Center, "LSD Fast Facts"
National Institute on Drug Abuse, "NIDA

http://simson.net/ref/1970/LSD_Flashbacks.pdf[/QUOTE]
this one refers to Diane to Linkletters death.
Diane Linkletter was the 20-year-old daughter of Art Linkletter, the prominent radio and TV personality. Before an autopsy had even been performed, her famous father claimed to the media that she had taken LSD the night before her death. (Linkletter had not talked to his daughter before her death, but maintains that she had told her brother Robert that she had taken the acid.) He was quoted as saying, "It isn't suicide because she wasn't herself. She was murdered. She was murdered by the people who manufacture and sell LSD."
When the autopsy showed no signs of drugs in her system, he changed his story to claim that she was suffering an LSD flashback from months earlier and that had caused her to jump out the window.

The media, of course, ran with the story, and used Art Linkletter's claims to create the narrative, without doing much investigating of their own. By the time the dust had settled, the story had been transformed in most people's minds to reflect an old urban legend about a girl, high on LSD, who jumped out her window because she thought she could fly.

A much more accurate picture of what happened can be gleaned by examining the testimony of Diane's boyfriend, Edward Durston, who was present when she died. Diane had summoned him to her apartment at 3 am and had spent the final six hours of her life with him. He told investigators that she was a desperately unhappy and despondent young woman who was determined to end her life. He had no reason to believe, and she had not indicated, that drugs were a factor in her death.

Art Linkletter, understandably devastated, became one of the most vocal critics of the counterculture, speaking out against drugs at every opportunity, while telling the tale of his daughter's LSD death. Dr. Timothy Leary, the LSD guru who had urged young people to "turn on, tune in, drop out," became his archenemy.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Do you know how psychological studies are conducted? Do you understand how sources like I listed have a vested interest in maligning ANYTHING to do with "illicit drugs?"

Studies 2 and 3 you showed I automatically threw out as biased, with a goal to make the reasearch "fit" ( Much like Art Linkletter was determined to blame LSD for his daughters death)

The first study is is the only legitimate study -control groups, interviews with psychiatriasts, referall etc. I won't go thru the methodology, unless you've had psychology (my major in college) it would be a waste to try to explain how statistical data can be manipulated.
I will say the first link looks legitimate, but defines a "flashback" as even seeing a 'spontaneous geometric pattern " - did that ever happen to you?
( assuming you never dropped acid?).

I would look thru it further, it does look well established, the problem is it links flashbacks to marijuana use, so I'm left wondering if this is biased also.

Throw out 2and 3. Why don't you tell me why study #1 is valid? , and I'll respond. Let's see if you have any idea of what you link here. or just fishing?
Just because you google it up, doesn't mean there is any science behind it.

Last edited:
Back