If you want to have a glimpse of an acid trip, try this!!

spontaneous geometric pattern? :palm: ( reffering to my post to POST MODERN)

why are you being such an idiot......I can't believe you're trying to pretend there are no such thing as flashbacks........are you trying to convince yourself or the rest of us?.....

Throw out 2and 3. Why don't you tell me why study #1 is valid? , and I'll respond. Let's see if you have any idea of what you link here. or just fishing?
Just because you google it up, doesn't mean there is any science behind it.

you said you couldn't find any documented cases of flashbacks......all three document cases of flashbacks.....you don't like the studies, fine......you don't like the studies.......you don't believe in flashbacks, fine....roast your mind all you want.....just don't pretend flashbacks are a myth......

I suppose it's mildly like some of the visuals I had doing shrooms. Of course, you do not get the colors, or the intense paranoia, or any of the other stuff that makes the trip great. The visuals were also a lot less interesting (the visuals this seems designed to produce are kind of stereotypical for hallucinogenics, not exactly accurate).
Acid is about 10 times more intense than shroom and it lasts about 12 to 20 hours. That's why I didn't like it. The first four hours were fun after that it was kind of a drag.

It is a sad and sorry life you lead that is enhanced by the use of chemicals. If you do it right LIFE is a high.
The idea behind doing acid isn't about enhancing ones life. It's about changing your perspective on reality and opening doors to new perceptions. It's not meant to be a life style.

I'm not trying to pick a fight here but I absolutely agree with this statement. Can anyone tell me why alcohol is "the most dangerous by far" of the drugs providing highs or trips or whatever you want to call them?
I don't. Nicotene is the most dangerous drug by far and it kills many more people each year than alcohol. Alcohol is #2.

Oh, and the answer to your question is because it kills more people every year than any drug but nicotene.

prescription drug deaths -about 20,000 last year.
Mostly overdoses on painkillers. only figures I could find. more ppl are moving away from "illicit" drugs to pharmaceuticals.

Tobacco deaths- can't find the figures, but lung cancer is almost impossible to survive. Add in drinking and driving, or drinking and prescription drugs.
Those are the big 3, booze /cigs/ overdoses of Rx drugs. Or any combination.

LSD and weed deaths? none or miniscule - one cannot OD on weed, although there is the lung Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) - mostly cigs here though. It's the sheer amount of tobacco smoke ( thing of ppl who smoke a cig every hour), although weed is sucked in deeper to the bronchia, mot ppl don't smoke anywhre near the same amount the cigarete smokers.

HTHelps
Nicotene/Tobacco kill over 400,000 people per year in the US. Alcohol kills about 25,000 per year. All drugs combined (excluding nicotene and alcohol), both perscriptiona and non, result in about 35,000 deaths per year in the US.

http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_sta...ealth_effects/tobacco_related_mortality/#cigs

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/alcohol.htm/

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/databriefs/db81.htm

The idea behind doing acid isn't about enhancing ones life. It's about changing your perspective on reality and opening doors to new perceptions. It's not meant to be a life style.

Why? I like reality as it is...you know...real? As far as perceptions are concerned I have eyes, which at present function reasonably well, they enable me to see reality.
I will repeat what I said before. If reality is not enough for you then your are not seeing it. I dont really know what new perceptions might be. I perceive, I see, I think, I enjoy, I get angry, I get sad. I am not interested in blue striped grasshoppers or swirling patterns that cease to exist once the chemical effect wears off. Why should I be?
I would much rather look after a world that is real than invent things that are not.

Nicotene/Tobacco kill over 400,000 people per year in the US. Alcohol kills about 25,000 per year. All drugs combined (excluding nicotene and alcohol), both perscriptiona and non, result in about 35,000 deaths per year in the US.

http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_sta...ealth_effects/tobacco_related_mortality/#cigs

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/alcohol.htm/

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/databriefs/db81.htm

Rather more people smoke and drink than take drugs, at least in my experience, so the figures are bound to be higher. Not many people these days try to make a case for tobacco. A lot of things screw you up. Some are avoidable with little effort, some are not. It is easy to avoid drugs. It used to be very difficult to avoid tobacco. If its easy, why not do it. I just dont get it. I would put drug use in the same box as tattoos and body piercing. They show a general disatisfaction with one's self and label one, in the eyes of many, as an absolute twat.

Rather more people smoke and drink than take drugs, at least in my experience, so the figures are bound to be higher. Not many people these days try to make a case for tobacco. A lot of things screw you up. Some are avoidable with little effort, some are not. It is easy to avoid drugs. It used to be very difficult to avoid tobacco. If its easy, why not do it. I just dont get it. I would put drug use in the same box as tattoos and body piercing. They show a general disatisfaction with one's self and label one, in the eyes of many, as an absolute twat.

honestly, the majority of Americans - this draconian drug lawed society, still support legalization of weed.
LSD? Is it even still available? I wouldn't use it, it has to be garbage("qauilty control")and I'm done with it, when it was time for me, and moved on.
Continual use leads to abuse, or as the Doobie Bros said "What were once vices are now habits."

I think if you are informed enough to make a decision to use, and not abuse, it's your body. PS. Tatoos are worse :rolleyes:(joking).
I gotta look at your neck. cover that shit up. :whoa:

you said you couldn't find any documented cases of flashbacks......all three document cases of flashbacks.....you don't like the studies, fine......you don't like the studies.......you don't believe in flashbacks, fine....roast your mind all you want.....just don't pretend flashbacks are a myth......
you haven't reputiated a damn thing. I bedunked the last 2 studies, the 1st one looks legitimate.

You'd have to read the levels of what's called a "flash back" -all out hallucinations, i didn't see any. I did see 'spontaneous geometric patterns'(in that study).
It's dated 1983, and claims "evidence of increased LSD in neural visual pathways" -how in the hell did the measure that? 30 years ago.

I don't see the methodology - not unusual if it's a standard calibration,but i lost interest in doing your work for you. Not going to dig back 30 years to see how they produce that evidence.
You claim LSD produces flashbacks.You don't diferentiate between the junk science (biased sourced, non-scienticific "studys"), and the 1983 I say is legitimate enough to perhaps agree. I would need to read it carefully word for word, but i was impressed with what was shown, as a clinical trail.

You gotta understand what your claims are, and be willing to back them up in debate.
#1 it it is quality study, the other 2 about Diane Linkletter and "LSD addiction" sourced from the Drug Policy Institute are junk science/sensationalism.

Do you refute this? Why?

Succintly put. , Shamans use it all the time for spiritual connections to the world/past ancestors, modern use is to understand matter, ideas/ music" wherever the mind will go",experience for future perpsective comparions.

you haven't reputiated a damn thing. I bedunked the last 2 studies, the 1st one looks legitimate.

you haven't debunked flashbacks....hell, I proved you wrong with your first link in the thread.....you're own source said you were full of shit....if you think you have any chance of winning this argument you must be on drugs right now......

Back