Is JPP Dying?

I haven't seen it dead here in a long long time. Lately it's been thread after thread by either right wing trolls or ideologues incapable of holding either an intelligent or objective conversation. Most of the long term members, adversaries and well as like minded, who could hold a decent debate are gone. What's happening here to JPP?

And you've done what, to repair what you see as being broke?
I mean besides bitching and moaning about it.

I think there still needs to be a lot of space for a lot of things to settle down. there was pretty much a drama explosion the last 2 weeks. Some left because the causes of the drama, (very few actually, if any actually did this) a few more took a break because of the fallout, the meta drama discussion, etc. a few others simply followed those that were banned because they like darla and want to chill with her.

Just think we need to regroup and get our heads together

A good werewolf game would clear the air.
Unless someone still has an axe to grind. :)

I don't agree she is too close to Darla and cannot be considered as dispassionate for that reason. Maybe Annie or Christie would be suitable candidates?

Plus there is way to much history with other posters and she has been shown to be vindictive, in the past.

What can we do to reignite this place. I miss it.

Also, you should post some of your own topics.

One thing that we can do to improve the site is to ignore people who talk about posters and promote conversation with people who speak on ideas. The board exists for an exchange of ideas, too many have been using it to talk about personalities which drags the conversation down. While I don't want to ban people for that, we simply need to take more control and speak on ideas.

One thing that we can do to improve the site is to ignore people who talk about posters and promote conversation with people who speak on ideas. The board exists for an exchange of ideas, too many have been using it to talk about personalities which drags the conversation down. While I don't want to ban people for that, we simply need to take more control and speak on ideas.

Yep, same as I was trying to say, you did it better. Respond to good posts, whether in agreement or not. Ignore the complaining and 'We succeeded!' type of posts.

Positive reinforcement works with all ages. ;)

I say we petition Overlord Obama to give us (me) a special dispensation to kill 5 users here. 2 Leftists, 2 rightists, and Legion. I'll video tape the whole thing and post it here. That'll improve my posting experience.

I think it may be time to create a subforum specifically for meta JPP discussion, anything pertaining to the status of the site, discussing various users, board drama, all that shit goes into that sub forum.

I know the warzone holds some of that stuff, but not all drama is war zone material, even if it's kind of off topic for other subforums.

I think it may be time to create a subforum specifically for meta JPP discussion, anything pertaining to the status of the site, discussing various users, board drama, all that shit goes into that sub forum.

I know the warzone holds some of that stuff, but not all drama is war zone material, even if it's kind of off topic for other subforums.

Off topic... Isn't that what it is all about?

What you should do is stop the arguing in Announcements, as new posters can see all that and get the wrong impression.

I think there still needs to be a lot of space for a lot of things to settle down. there was pretty much a drama explosion the last 2 weeks. Some left because the causes of the drama, (very few actually, if any actually did this) a few more took a break because of the fallout, the meta drama discussion, etc. a few others simply followed those that were banned because they like darla and want to chill with her.

Just think we need to regroup and get our heads together

Maybe if we had some Mods that actually had backbones and did their jobs this place wouldn't seem like the inmates are running the asylum.

As it is they chased off many of the more moderate posters who might have countered the lunacy from the Rightie Trolls, subsequently many of the remaining posters are the idiot Rightie Trolls the Mods are so afraid of.

Grind's right about the trolls. Ignore them and don't engage them...easier said than done though as you may notice the members who should know better keep engaging them.

I see the troll problem as being as big a problem as the recent drama and possibly even bigger. I'm rather at a loss as to any productive ideas as to how to deal with them other than ignore them and hope they go away.

I don't appreciate being treated like just another troll by some thin-skinned Mod and being told whose posts I can and can't read.

As far as I am concerned, this drama won't end until the Mods stop singling me out for punishment while letting the filthy Troll posters here have free reign.

Maybe if we had some Mods that actually had backbones and did their jobs this place wouldn't seem like the inmates are running the asylum.

As it is they chased off many of the more moderate posters who might have countered the lunacy from the Rightie Trolls, subsequently many of the remaining posters are the idiot Rightie Trolls the Mods are so afraid of.

Yes and you could have just put them on ignore but then you wouldn't be able to get your vicarious thrills

I don't think she would be right for board harmony because she is too close to Darla. I will send you a PM.
There is no need to convince me Tom. I'm not a mod and I'm just making a suggestion. Any lady member who is willing to sacrifice her time and whom the current mods feel is qualified would do.

Back