Is JPP Dying?

Tom, no. I could never, ever be a mod. Even my cats don't listen to me. In the words of William Tecumseh Sherman: "If nominated, I will not run; if elected, I will not serve."

I'm with you on that. Personally don't see a need for more mods here at all.

lol.....at least now we know what this has all been about.....nothing but a coup....

images

And I'm late for the revolution, as usual.

Grind's right about the trolls. Ignore them and don't engage them...easier said than done though as you may notice the members who should know better keep engaging them.

I see the troll problem as being as big a problem as the recent drama and possibly even bigger. I'm rather at a loss as to any productive ideas as to how to deal with them other than ignore them and hope they go away.

Okay, I'll bite.

I respond to topics first and posters second. If someone starts a thread that interests me, I respond. I give all posters a chance, if it doesn't work out I either stop responding or if something really bad happens, put them on IA. There are a few people who went to IA almost immediately. One insults every liberal no matter what they say. Every word in his lexicon is an insult including "and" and "the", to paraphrase Lillian Hellman. Another, who posts less often, is just as nasty. These people don't debate, they rant.

On the other hand I do have an Achilles heel, it's those people who make me laugh. These people get a lot of leeway from me even when they're annoying. (Because of this you'll never have to worry that I'd want you banned Mott, even when you're not behaving well. :D ) Same with those others. I put more of a premium on their ability to crack me up than anything else. What can I say, it's a curse. I'm easily amused.

IMO telling people who they should or shouldn't engage is pretty nervy. I made this same argument about the forced ignore. If people don't like someone put them on IA and move on. Surely as adults (ha ha) we should have enough self-discipline to do this. It took me forever to learn this lesson and I'm still not 100%. It's a work in progress.

I don't see why we can't have men and women sub forums.

the thought has crossed my mind ever so fleetingly in the past, but truthfully we've always had like only 5-6 women on this board at any given time. A better solution would be for someone to do an invite thread on APP and just invite who they want.

reminds me of a joke I heard this week.....

Baptist preacher was leading a children's sermon (for you apostates, that's when they call all the kids up front and the preacher gives them a two minute kids version of his sermon).......and he says "what do you know about the Resurrection?"......silence......"Oh come on, you have to know something about it"......silence....."anyone?" he pleads......Jimmy raises his hand......"I know if you get one that lasts more than four hours you should see your doctor"..............

Last edited:
I just want to say that I support the idea of a meta forum. I'm not anyone, but it sounds like a right brilliant idea to me.

Back