Islamic timetable

Gaffer

Sanctimonious Prick
This is the orginal post. I don't have the link as I just copied and pasted it from the site for later viewing.

Expert provides Al-Qaeda's timeline
This should put a dent in the short-sighted assertions we get from the left that Islamic terrorism is all our fault.

Expert provides Al-Qaeda's timeline
Donna Jacobs, The Ottawa Citizen
Published: Monday, September 18, 2006

In an article published in the current International Journal of Intelligence and Counterintelligence, Carleton University security expert Martin Rudner presents an Islamic terrorist timeline for the next 20 years.

On al-Qaeda's conquest calendar, the beginning of "total war on non-believers" begins seven years from now. And it ends with Islamic victory in 2020.

Ask Mr. Rudner, director of Carleton's Canadian Centre of Intelligence and Security Studies, how he assesses this declared march to world domination.

"I take it very seriously," he says. "Obviously."

So, too, does Jordanian journalist Fouad Hussein, who publicized the timeline based on his talks and correspondence with al-Qaeda members. "Al-Qaeda makes no compromises," says Mr. Hussein. He published his findings in the book al-Zarqawi -- al-Qaida's Second Generation a year before Mr. al-Zarqawi's death in June in a U.S. air strike in Iraq.

Al-Qaeda's seven-stage plan:

Stage 1: Awakening. Strategic time line: Sept. 11, 2001. Tactical Objective: Provoke U.S. attack on Muslims, galvanize jihadism.

Stage 2: Opening Eyes. Time: 2003-2006. Objective: Force West on defensive.

Stage 3: Arising and Standing Up. Time: 2007-2010. Objective: Assault on Turkey and Israel.

Stage 4: Downfall of Apostate Muslim regimes. Time: 2010-2013. Objective: Saudi Arabia, Jordan, oil producers.

Stage 5: Declaration of Caliphate. Time: 2013-2016. Objective: Mobilization of Muslim forces.

Stage 6: Total Confrontation.

Time: 2013-2020. Tactic: Total war on non-believers by 1.5 billion Muslims.

Stage 7: Definite Victory. Time: 2020. Objective: A Muslim world.

In a video al-Qaeda released to celebrate the fifth anniversary of its 9/11 attacks, Ayman al-Zawahiri, Osama bin Laden's deputy, warned that al-Qaeda would attack Israel and the Gulf Arab states next.

Mr. Rudner notes that Stage 3 "explicitly" targets energy: "It tells us where they think they are.

"And, by the way," he adds, "they're on target."

Whether a literal or inspirational timeline, the jihadists see it as "a viable strategy to bring about their victory.

Mr. Rudner's analysis:

Stage 2: Opening Eyes. "Yes, on the defensive is exactly where they've put us.

"To me, the NDP resolution (passed nine days ago in Quebec City) that asks for Canada to leave Afghanistan reflects the fact that we're being pressed by the Taliban. I think it reflects a fear of casualties, and also this notion that Canadians should not be involved in doing counterviolence.

NDP leader Jack Layton "would probably say 'Let's offer enhanced development assistance or do peacekeeping'." But that is the very strategy that al-Qaeda detests, says Mr. Rudner. The jihadists regard western aid as bribery, corruption and a perversion of Islamic values.

Stage 3: Arising. In the past three weeks, al-Qaeda has bombed Turkish resorts, targeting Turkey's important tourism industry. They have already bombed banks, synagogues and the British consulate in Istanbul.

Mr. Rudner observes that Israeli and Palestinian Authority sources say there's evidence that al-Qaeda is trying to organize terror attacks on them to disrupt peace talks. Mr. Hussein says al-Qaeda will select Jordan for attack.

Stage 4: Downfall. "It's happening as we speak," Mr. Rudner says. "The Taliban are now struggling to bring down an apostate regime in Afghanistan." An apostate regime runs by man's law -- not by God's law. "Whether you're modern or traditional, republican or military, you're an apostate.

"The fighting in Iraq is not only between the Baathists and the Coalition, but between al-Qaeda and everybody else," Mr. Rudner says. Al-Qaeda has explicitly targeted the Shia-led government. "They say things about the Shia that I think even Hitler would have been reluctant to say about Jews, horrendously racist kinds of language -- 'these are serpents, snakes.'

"When al-Qaeda says today they're attacking the Arab Gulf, what they mean is that they could make the West walk and freeze" by depriving them of fuel for their cars and furnaces, Mr. Rudner says. "Or in Osama's words: 'I could bleed America bankrupt'."

How shaky are these oil-rich targets -- Saudi Arabia, Jordan, United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Qatar, Yemen, Libya, Algeria and Iran? Does al-Qaeda really expect to destroy them in four years?

"They are shaky in the sense that, as the dominos begin to fall and al-Qaeda does target oil, and does push the West onto the defensive, then the ability of those regimes to sustain themselves is grossly weakened.

"Saudi Arabia without oil is what? UAR without tourism and oil? Imagine terrorist attacks on those beautiful hotels going up in Dubai where people are prepared to spend $1,000 a night. You tell them they could be blown up in the market tomorrow morning, and they're gone.

"Bin Laden sees these governments as rickety shacks. You kick in the door and the structure collapses.

"I'm not justifying the shah of Iran," Mr. Rudner says. "But as the rug was pulled from under him, his regime collapsed. Now al-Qaeda plans the same fate for Egypt or Saudi Arabia or Jordan." Al-Qaeda wants us to "pull out of a robust society like that of Egypt, then they give it a couple of good kicks."

Mr. Hussein says al-Qaeda will target the U.S. economy with cyber-terrorism.

Stage 5: The Caliphate. "When they have knocked down all the Muslim countries and these governments no longer exist, they can mobilize: Hezbollah-type forces, standing armies and terror forces," says Mr. Rudner. "Now they can fight any kind of warfare."

Stage 6: Total Confrontation. "Now," Mr. Rudner says, "we go at Dar ul-harb. Dar ul-harb means the world of the sword -- the world of violence, of chaos, of moral degeneration -- in other words, us. And that's how we're seen.

"They intend to use all military means" to defeat the West and to replace it with global Dar ul-Islam -- the world of Islam, of the Caliphate, of Taliban-style rule under strict shariah law.

"And it's not just the West," Mr. Rudner says. "It's India and China."

It sounds insane.

Mr. Rudner replies: "If Osama bin Laden were listening to us now, he would say: 'Give me all the oil in the Middle East, all the populations of the Middle East and, boy, I could take on the rest of the world.'

"He would say: 'Imagine the weakness of your economy when we kick the trade from under you, when we deprive you of energy resources, when we hit your financial resources, when we stop depositing our foreign currency with you.'

"And he'd be saying, 'We're robust. We have all the oil, all the money, all the troops'."

Stage 7: Definite Victory. How could al-Qaeda mobilize westernized Islamic populations who are hostile to rigid, violent Taliban-style regimes?

"I don't think they do mobilize these populations," Mr. Rudner says. "But imagine a 'Grand Afghanistan'. You simply enact a fatwa saying that every male aged 14 to 40 must show up in the village square at a certain hour to receive military training and their gun. Everybody does. The alternative is death.

"We're describing how they see it," he says. "First of all, no, they will not win. We, the West, will not fragment, panic and run away. Nor will moderate and sometimes not-so-moderate Arab and Muslim regimes. They're going to defend themselves and we are going to defend ourselves."

Alliances will form -- some unusual. "They already have. Among our major sources of intelligence on al-Qaeda over the past five years are the Syrians -- not out of love for Canada, the United States and West, but because they recognize they are a target of the (radical) Muslim Brotherhood. In Iran, likewise.

"The terrorists intend to harm us and they will try," Mr. Rudner says. "They are already active in a range of activities that hurt our society. We know they've targeted trains, civil aviation and critical infrastructure."

The RCMP, he says, have at least 20 active terrorism investigations under way.

"The Canadian public finds it very difficult to accept the notion that there's evil. These people are evil in the sense that their values are utterly antithetical to ours -- and they want to impose them on us by force.

"Canadians think that if we could correct the root cause, we could correct this and it would disappear. Sorry. It's not sociopathy or psychopathy.

"You have to persuade the public that this is not posturing. Take a look at what they (terrorists) are really telling us. They mean it."

Makes it pretty clear that the Islamists are at war with us.

If the dems take us out of iraq then I suggest you keep a copy of this and check of the events as they happen.

I think the guy who wrote this also wrote the screenplay for "The Evil Dead".

Another foray into paranoid, probably LSD inspired, paranoia.

It's funny though.

Stop pooping your diapers, and jumping out of your shoes at shadows.

For a thousand years, muslims haven't been able to get along with each other, let alone unite in a global campaign against the west. 20 years from now the sunni arabs are still going to be trying to kill the shia persians. Terrorism is a problem that can be managed by a clever, knowledgable president, with a nuanced view of geopolitics.

Unless your president does finally manage to unite the muslim world against the west, with your foolish war and your idiotic foreign policy.

Not New...

This timetable was written way back in 1920 when the 'Ottoman Empire' went underground and has recently resurfaced...the Ottoman Empire did not collapse they just became quiet until the recent world events...they are now back and full steam ahead....!

For a thousand years, muslims haven't been able to get along with each other, let alone unite in a global campaign against the west. 20 years from now the sunni arabs are still going to be trying to kill the shia persians. Terrorism is a problem that can be managed by a clever, knowledgable president, with a nuanced view of geopolitics.

Unless your president does finally manage to unite the muslim world against the west, with your foolish war and your idiotic foreign policy.

Come on, it's entertaining. I haven't seen such a paranoid and delusional rant since that story written by that woman who actually published her hallucinations after being on the same plane with a couple of "Arab looking guys" who actually used the bathroom on the plane!

It was making the rounds on the bush board a while ago, I don't know if you remember it. Really good shit...almost as good as what these comedians must be smoking.

This timetable was written way back in 1920 when the 'Ottoman Empire' went underground and has recently resurfaced...the Ottoman Empire did not collapse they just became quiet until the recent world events...they are now back and full steam ahead....!

This timetable was written way back in 1920 when the 'Ottoman Empire' went underground and has recently resurfaced.

You don't have the bloodiest idea what you're talking about.

the ottoman empire was ruled by the turks. Can you point me to a link, showing the turkey having taken over the muslim world in the last two years? thanks!

Come on, it's entertaining. I haven't seen such a paranoid and delusional rant since that story written by that woman who actually published her hallucinations after being on the same plane with a couple of "Arab looking guys" who actually used the bathroom on the plane!

It was making the rounds on the bush board a while ago, I don't know if you remember it. Really good shit...almost as good as what these comedians must be smoking.

lol

you're right. Might as well take it for what it is: an entertaining, delusional rant written by the uninformed !

Oh professor wannabee....

This timetable was written way back in 1920 when the 'Ottoman Empire' went underground and has recently resurfaced.

You don't have the bloodiest idea what you're talking about.

the ottoman empire was ruled by the turks. Can you point me to a link, showing the turkey having taken over the muslim world in the last two years? thanks!

The Ottomon Empire was a 'Islam' Government...and the link can be found very easy by just doing a google search...try 'Ottomon Empire' and by the way your wonderful Wes Clark sure did help the Serbs from Turkey establish turf once again in Bosnia!

The Ottomon Empire was a 'Islam' Government...and the link can be found very easy by just doing a google search...try 'Ottomon Empire' and by the way your wonderful Wes Clark sure did help the Serbs from Turkey establish turf once again in Bosnia!

Okay, so you can't provide a link showing that the Turkish Ottoman empire as risen again, as you asserted. I don't have time for stupid people.

Thanks for playing.......

Wheel...Of...Rightwing Idiots!

Okay, so you can't provide a link showing that the Turkish Ottoman empire as risen again, as you asserted. I don't have time for stupid people.

Thanks for playing.......

Wheel...Of...Rightwing Idiots!

LOL

That is a great description of it!

yep and this is their overall battle plan. Only thing that has changed is the dates and the fact that Turkey is now one of the victims.

Exactly...

yep and this is their overall battle plan. Only thing that has changed is the dates and the fact that Turkey is now one of the victims.

and Turkey is trying it's best to stay secular! I tried to steer cypress to the Ottoman Empire history link...and all I get is he and the he/she calling me names...oh well ya can lead a Jackass to water...but can't make em' drink!

Maineman and darla had better rethink their stance...as being Gay is a really bad thing to do in Islam...losing ones head would hurt like hell...!

:blah:

LOL....please stop, my sides are splitting. This is better than listening to two high school drop outs, pontificate about foreign policy at Vern's Ice House.

First, the turkish ottoman empire has risen again. But, then its not like the ottoman empire becase the turks are the victims. :foil:

Have another beer, gentlemen!

:clink:

Oh dense one....

:blah:

LOL....please stop, my sides are splitting. This is better than listening to two high school drop outs, pontificate about foreign policy at Vern's Ice House.

First, the turkish ottoman empire has risen again. But, then its not like the ottoman empire becase the turks are the victims. :foil:

Have another beer, gentlemen!

:clink:

The "original" Ottoman Empire stretched from Persia to Europe...the clue in the discussion being "ISLAM"

Hey Gaffer....

Gotta run getting hungry so going to fix some dinner and watch some TV...have fun with the talking walls!:)

Where did Gaffer or BB do that? The only one I see being reactionary and over-the-top is you and Darlz. You two are the ones who are frantically trying to throw as many insults and blanket refutations on this timetable as you possibly can, because you can't debate the topic.

Another foray into paranoid, probably LSD inspired, paranoia. Come on, it's entertaining. I haven't seen such a paranoid and delusional rant since that story written by that woman who actually published her hallucinations after being on the same plane with a couple of "Arab looking guys" who actually used the bathroom on the plane!...It was making the rounds on the bush board a while ago, I don't know if you remember it. Really good shit...almost as good as what these comedians must be smoking.

Look at Darlz, she is about to pee her pants, she is so scared. Can't you tell? It's in the way they always minimize and marginalize real threat, like whistling past a grave yard, it helps them feel more secure and brave to say things like this. Darlz and Prissy are the kind of fools who will kiss these people's asses until they are kneeling before them with a machete at their throat. They will die wondering why someone didn't come save them.

Feed the alligators and hope they won't eat them until last. Come on, guys, it's easy to pretend that Barbara Boxer and Russ Feingold can handle these radicals, and nothing is scary when you have your head buried up your liberal ass!

The "original" Ottoman Empire stretched from Persia to Europe...the clue in the discussion being "ISLAM"

God, you're an idiot.

The arabs hated the Ottomans and the Ottoman Empire. Ever heard of Lawrence of Arabia? The sunni arab nationalist movements, and the arab revolts agains the ottomans?

Care to explain why you said the ottoman empire had re-risen? Tell a sunni arab that, and they're liable to spit in your face. The arabs hated the ottomans.

Battleborne: "This timetable was written way back in 1920 when the 'Ottoman Empire' went underground and has recently resurfaced...the Ottoman Empire did not collapse they just became quiet until the recent world events...they are now back and full steam ahead....!"

There is that person with the inverted khrum. Hello my new friend, Cypres!

I love this internets blogospheres!

LOL...once again dense...

God, you're an idiot.

The arabs hated the Ottomans and the Ottoman Empire. Ever heard of Lawrence of Arabia? The sunni arab nationalist movements, and the arab revolts agains the ottomans?

Care to explain why you said the ottoman empire had re-risen? Tell a sunni arab that, and they're liable to spit in your face. The arabs hated the ottomans.

Battleborne: "This timetable was written way back in 1920 when the 'Ottoman Empire' went underground and has recently resurfaced...the Ottoman Empire did not collapse they just became quiet until the recent world events...they are now back and full steam ahead....!"

Dinner is on and so I have a moment or two to address this silly comment...and where did I say the factions of Islam get along...then again they do bond together when fighting Ifidels...and which are you professor a infidel,Jew.Muslim or a ACLU rep?

Back