Islamic timetable

I implied that Jihad was a continuation of the Ottoman Empire..Islamic control /world domination and for the record 'me thinks' was used in a sarcastic tone...over the Brit head I see! Sorry professor my Minor in College was history/political Science...Major Criminal Justice...and I am correct in the continuation of the Ottoman Empire...I actually was a Intelligence Officer and worked anti-terrorism...so back to Bobby School with ya! And please do some research on the Ottoman Empire rather than getting talking points from the movie...'Lawrence of Arabia'!...lol

You were an intelligence officer? They must set low standards in the US... Did they have a section for backward kids?

History lesson for the hard-of-thinking....

The Ottoman empire was a modernised, western style empire, particularly following the Tanizmat era. It employed many western advisors and, during the early 1800s, created an industrialised nation. In fact, the Ottoman empire went through a period of intense nationalisation, religion was largely a side issue to the Pashas. The Ottoman empire even introduced democracy from 1876.

Islamic Jihadism we see today originated from the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood group in the 1920s, who campaigned for the return of the Caliphate, initially politically, in Egypt and surrounding states. Following the crackdown and torture of many leading members of the Islamic Brotherhood under the Nasser regime, they turned into a violent group, under the leadership of Sayed Qutb, spreading out across the Muslim world and finding their first victory in Afghanistan against the Soviets.

As for the movie 'Lawrence of Arabia', you should try TE Lawrence's book 'The Seven Pillars of Wisdom'.... required reading for most military officers. That is if you can read, Mr. 'I've worked intelligence'.......

Last edited:
Great, so I guess this gets back to being in intelligence doesn't it Bloodlust?

If this guy worked with any Intelligence Organisation, I'm the Pasha of the Ottoman (the one that originated Islamic Jihad)....

Sure does....

Great, so I guess this gets back to being in intelligence doesn't it Bloodlust?

If this guy worked with any Intelligence Organisation, I'm the Pasha of the Ottoman (the one that originated Islamic Jihad)....

cupcake...ya just proved my point....as I said Mr.wannabee professor...1920 was the end of the Ottoman Empire...and yes the Egyptians took the helm...but you missed the point that the Ottoman Empire brought Islam to Egypt and are you forgetting History...The burning of the Libraries of Alexandria...This was the first recorded Jihad to eliminate all other religious beliefs...so stuff it ...and were you or are you a Brittish Military Officer?Never mind you are James Bond!!!...lol:rolleyes:

Last edited:
the Ottoman empire brought islam to Egypt? really? I was pretty sure that Caliph Umar sent an army to capture Egypt away from the byzantines about 600 years before the ottomans ever came to power.

the Ottoman empire brought islam to Egypt? really? I was pretty sure that Caliph Umar sent an army to capture Egypt away from the byzantines about 600 years before the ottomans ever came to power.

Jesus christ, AOI is right...what the fuck kind of "counter-terrorism intelligence officer" is/was Battleborne? What a poser! He's spinning rapidly, and has not a bloody clue about islamic history, or the ottomon empire. Your are right: islam came to egypt hundreds of years before the Ottomans.

Battleborne: "cupcake...ya just proved my point....as I said Mr.wannabee professor...1920 was the end of the Ottoman Empire...and yes the Egyptians took the helm...but you missed the point that the Ottoman Empire brought Islam to Egypt and are you forgetting History."

While Egypt was introduced to Islam in the 10th century, BB is partially right as Selim I assumed the caliphate just after the defeat of the Malmuks in Syria and Egypt during the expansion of the Ottoman empire and as Al Qaeda wishes to reestablish the Caliphate it would be a reemergence of a sort of the Ottoman empire.

"a sort of ottoman empire"? LOL

Damo rides to the rescue, with the spin to make BB's assertions all "sort of " make sense.

the dude is a poser, damo :cof1:

Damo rides to the rescue, with the spin to make BB's assertions all "sort of " make sense.

No the "sort of" was for the reemergence. As it was the leader of the Ottoman Empire was the Caliphate, the goal is a reemergence of the Caliphate. That it happened to be the leader of the Ottoman Empire is really a sideline.

Rotflmao...

Damo to the rescue eh'...how profound ole' wise one...for the record damo understands history and intelligence analysis as he was one also...in the biz...sorta speak! So in your little world along with your oh so educated friends in here I and damo are posers....lol

the fact remains...you indicated that Islam was brought to Egypt by the Ottomans. That was incorrect. I called you on it..... and you giggle and wiggle away.

but now would be a great time for you to use yet another animated smilie to replace your lack of anything intelligent to say in retort.

Whatever...

the fact remains...you indicated that Islam was brought to Egypt by the Ottomans. That was incorrect. I called you on it..... and you giggle and wiggle away.

but now would be a great time for you to use yet another animated smilie to replace your lack of anything intelligent to say in retort.

cupcake... :321: hows that?

I have nothing more to say to you and your friends as ya are calling from the grandstands not a player...!

grandstands? I just toss out the "bullshit" flag when it is warranted. You were blowing smoke out of your ass and got caught. just deal with it like a man and not a pussy.

do you still stand by this statement?

Battleborne: "cupcake...ya just proved my point....as I said Mr.wannabee professor...1920 was the end of the Ottoman Empire...and yes the Egyptians took the helm...but you missed the point that the Ottoman Empire brought Islam to Egypt and are you forgetting History."

Hey Damo, hate to hijack a thread here. Just wanted to say that we had a RFD befefit lunch Sunday and it was a huge success. AND, the evil Walmart empire is going to match the funds raised. We are poised to get a new pumper and upgrade all bunker gear. Just thought you'd like to here.

Hey Damo, hate to hijack a thread here. Just wanted to say that we had a RFD befefit lunch Sunday and it was a huge success. AND, the evil Walmart empire is going to match the funds raised. We are poised to get a new pumper and upgrade all bunker gear. Just thought you'd like to here.
Excellent. Get some of the Infra red cameras... They rock when working the flames!

Yes!

do you still stand by this statement?

addendum : The Caliphates were established and ran from 661-1258...The continuation of the Caliphates being the 'Ottoman Empire' established during this period(1258)...The Ottoman Empire lasted until 1920 then went underground and reemerged as the Al Qaeda we see today! So my referring to the Ottoman Empire burning the Alexandria Libraries was correct as they were then called Caliphates and are now called al Qaeda...!end of story!

wow.... are you dizzy from that spin?

the ottoman empire did NOT bring Islam to Egypt. You got called on it and even though you have this tough guy online persona, you can't just act like a man and admit that you misspoke.... you have to wiggle and squirm like a girlieman....

I gotta tell ya, it really is fuckin' pathetic.

Back