Jade's Recipe Exchange.

I cook all my dry bean products in a crock pot for 8 to 10 hours on low. I use smoked hocks or fresh hocks, or jowl bacon, smoked rib tips, sometimes with onions and garlic. I soak the dry beans overnight of for 8 to 12 hours. Navy beans is my favorite. I'm going to try the 15 bean soup beans with some ham in my crock pot.
a6454f1ef1fb3a6d48d6511dbbde6f4e---bean-soup-soup-crocks.jpg

Here is a great northern bean recipe?!! The only thing I would change is two cans of low sodium broth instead of three cans, replace it with a can of water to reduce the sodium content?!!

Smoky White Beans & Ham

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/smoky-white-beans-ham/

I do beans now in my Instant Pot. I really love it. No soaking. Great results. Did a batch of black beans for black bean and chicken last night. Took about 45 minutes. Hands free.

New Recipe!
I put chopped green olives in my scrambled eggs this morning. Pretty tasty.
My New Breakfast was scrambled eggs (with the chopped green olives), hash browns, and sausage.
I think I'm going to call it ... 'Jack City Breakfast'. (feel free to copy)

:( I thought I would get a few 'thanks' on this.
(... and PS, this isn't those little 'Breakfast sausage' things, this is the real McCoy sausage, the kind you use in soups)

I was gonna'*call it 'New Jack City Breakfast', but it sounded too long.

:( I thought I would get a few 'thanks' on this.
(... and PS, this isn't those little 'Breakfast sausage' things, this is the real McCoy sausage, the kind you use in soups)

I was gonna'*call it 'New Jack City Breakfast', but it sounded too long.

You expect thanks that quick? A few of us have that feature disabled for one thing.

Had a bunch of leftover pork sirloin that I did on the smoker recently. Diced it up and tossed it in with a sauteed onion. Meanwhile, I mixed up more of the pork with 2 pounds of thawed hashbrowns.

The hashbrowns go into a greased casserole dish. A mixture of 8 eggs, 3/4 cup milk, salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder. That’s poured over the hashbrowns. Then a layer of cheese. Then the onion and pork. Then another layer of cheese.

Bake at 350 for an hour, covered. Incover for another 15.

Good use of the leftover pork. Cheap. Filling. And damn good!

Had a bunch of leftover pork sirloin that I did on the smoker recently. Diced it up and tossed it in with a sauteed onion. Meanwhile, I mixed up more of the pork with 2 pounds of thawed hashbrowns.

The hashbrowns go into a greased casserole dish. A mixture of 8 eggs, 3/4 cup milk, salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder. That’s poured over the hashbrowns. Then a layer of cheese. Then the onion and pork. Then another layer of cheese.

That does sounds good! Just a recipe you came up with on the fly?

That does sounds good! Just a recipe you came up with on the fly?

There were similar recipes on the internet using sausage or bacon and a bunch of other ingredients.

I just simplified it and substituted the smoked pork sirloin. One reason was that the sirloin was finished with a Heat and Sweet sauce and it’s a little too “Heat”. I thought the casserole would help out on the spice and it did.

You go with your comfort food, Domer. Hunkering down in the snow.

Hey Mason, I made keto chili that was amazing. Got the recipe off wholesomeyum.com. I also found some bread at Sprouts, only 3 carbs a slice. It's called "Chompie's".

You go with your comfort food, Domer. Hunkering down in the snow.

It’s been beautiful here. Sunny and 60s. Almost every day. Right now, the US Weather Map says we are warmer than Chareston.

How’s that coastal flooding working out down there?

Last edited:
There is none. Sunny and 60s here, but that's only temporary - this is a cold snap. By next Wed it's back to 50s at night and perfect 74 degree days....

I see rain every day down there. How many inches a year? 50? 60? 70? 12 here. And not the torrential shit you get.

No tornadoes. No hurricanes. No blackouts. No torrential rains. No massive flooding.

There is none. Sunny and 60s here, but that's only temporary - this is a cold snap. By next Wed it's back to 50s at night and perfect 74 degree days....

I wonder what this was about, then?

“The National Weather Service issued Coastal Flood Advisories for Charleston, Colleton, and Beaufort counties Wednesday morning. The Charleston office said additional coastal flood advisories could be needed during the morning high tides for the rest of the week.

Computer models are forecasting a deepening storm off the Carolina coast this weekend. Depending on the strength and track of the storm, moderate coastal flooding may become a greater concern, particularly if it is raining during the times of high tide.”

“The National Weather Service issued Coastal Flood Advisories for Charleston, Colleton, and Beaufort counties Wednesday morning. The Charleston office said additional coastal flood advisories could be needed during the morning high tides for the rest of the week.

Computer models are forecasting a deepening storm off the Carolina coast this weekend. Depending on the strength and track of the storm, moderate coastal flooding may become a greater concern, particularly if it is raining during the times of high tide.”

LiG is in the Jacksonville FL area.

I don't live in the Carolinas, I live in Florida.

I see rain every day down there. How many inches a year? 50? 60? 70? 12 here. And not the torrential shit you get.

No tornadoes. No hurricanes. No blackouts. No torrential rains. No massive flooding.
You are nuts. We don't get that much rain at all. Some years July 4 has been canceled due to drought like conditions.

Back