Jade's Recipe Exchange.

Making cheese crackers for the grandchildren today. They call them "Papa's Crackers". Pretty standard bread machine recipe then add tons of shredded cheese and even throw in some cheese powder. Labor intensive, but worth it.

Making cheese crackers for the grandchildren today. They call them "Papa's Crackers". Pretty standard bread machine recipe then add tons of shredded cheese and even throw in some cheese powder. Labor intensive, but worth it.

So do you then take out the dough and flatten and bake it, or how does that work? Lucky g-kids!

Heheheheheh.

7vEjCK7.jpg

So do you then take out the dough and flatten and bake it, or how does that work? Lucky g-kids!

I make the dough in my breadmaker. I then use my Kitchenaide pasta maker to flatten out the dough to a consistent thickness. It works great. Cut it into sections and bake at 450 for 4 minutes a side.

The batch I made this morning wasnt cheesy enough for me, so I'll do another batch in a bit to really load it up on cheese.

Pretty good,she gets to take the three giant wraps off her leg this morning!

How's PT going?

Funny story: One of my instructors in nursing school had to have a knee replacement. Went to visit her in the hospital, brought some flowers and a box of naughty chocolates. When I got there, she was sitting up in bed having a chat with the ceiling. Her nasal cannula was stuck in her hair, she had taken her leg out of the CPM, and her compression stockings were dangling over the side rail. Put her back together again and we had a nice visit although she kept talking about turkeys for some reason. When she finally came back to class she didn't remember *anyone* visiting, and was surprised at all the flowers and gifts that magically appeared. I guess drugs aren't for everyone. lol

Got a big pot of ham and beans (15 bean soup) going for supper tonight. Seasoned it with black and red pepper, ham base, paprika, garlic, chopped onions. How do you fix yours?

I cook all my dry bean products in a crock pot for 8 to 10 hours on low. I use smoked hocks or fresh hocks, or jowl bacon, smoked rib tips, sometimes with onions and garlic. I soak the dry beans overnight of for 8 to 12 hours. Navy beans is my favorite. I'm going to try the 15 bean soup beans with some ham in my crock pot.
a6454f1ef1fb3a6d48d6511dbbde6f4e---bean-soup-soup-crocks.jpg

Here is a great northern bean recipe?!! The only thing I would change is two cans of low sodium broth instead of three cans, replace it with a can of water to reduce the sodium content?!!

Smoky White Beans & Ham

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/smoky-white-beans-ham/

Back