Jade's Recipe Exchange.

A few gizmos I won’t give up.

Instant Pot
Juicer
Kitchenaide blender
Kitchenaide mixer

Definitely! I got an Instant Pot a couple years ago but hadn't used it that much till lately. Last week I threw a top round roast (usually an avoidable cut of meat) in there and it turned out great. Last night I made a pork shoulder roast with carrots and potatoes -- also great! The leftover roast because beef tips over rice. The leftover pork will be pork fried rice (tonight) and BBQ pulled pork sandwiches later this week. I really like how well it tenderizes even cheap cuts of meat.

What have you InstantPotted?

Definitely! I got an Instant Pot a couple years ago but hadn't used it that much till lately. Last week I threw a top round roast (usually an avoidable cut of meat) in there and it turned out great. Last night I made a pork shoulder roast with carrots and potatoes -- also great! The leftover roast because beef tips over rice. The leftover pork will be pork fried rice (tonight) and BBQ pulled pork sandwiches later this week. I really like how well it tenderizes even cheap cuts of meat.

I do yogurt all the time. I love how I can do a batch of beans from scratch in no time. I do boneless, skinless chicken breasts for shredding at least a couple or more times a month. There’s a double pot recipe for a super food oat breakfast. Hard boiled eggs in minutes.

I do yogurt all the time. I love how I can do a batch of beans from scratch in no time. I do boneless, skinless chicken breasts for shredding at least a couple or more times a month. There’s a double pot recipe for a super food oat breakfast. Hard boiled eggs in minutes.

You must leave it out on your counter all the time then. :~)

Gave my girls each one last year, along with that blender/cooking thingie. The middle one has made a whole chicken in hers, said it turned out awesome. That's my next adventure with it. Assuming the beast will fit, that is. And here comes St. Patrick's Day... perfect time to do the corned beef in it.

A turkey-sized Instant Pot? Hmmm!

The instapot is good for any slow cook dish. I made chicken paprikash, pulled pork, brisket, etc.

Good to see you, chap.

Decided To bring Jade out of retirement for a few things. Will be trying out a few recipes in the near future. From the looks of the forum, I don't see myself doing much more. I gave up hassling with politics and have felt better.

Anyone one here use a juicer?

We purchased one recently and have been using the hell out of it. A centrifugal unit. We laugh because we’re thinking we’ll have orange skin soon. Juicing lots of carrots and sweet potatoes.

The wife’s favorite seems to be carrots or sweet potatoes, apples and a thumb sized piece of ginger.

I don’t drink the juice I make for myself directly. I use it as a base for my fruit smoothies. I’ll juice the carrots, apples, sweet potatoes, beets, cukes and celery. The celery is a bit strong, so I go easy on those. Then toss that in with frozen fruits in a blender for smoothies.

The centrifugal unit doesn’t do leafy veggies very well, so I toss those in the blender when I make smoothies.

Any favorites out there?

Yes, my not-so-secret Ginger TEA/TONIC!

I usually buy a big chunk of Ginger, peel it, chunk it up, and blend into a mush, and then JUICE IT through my juicer into a liguid 100% GINGER JUICE.

I'll leave it concentrated and kept in the Fridge for about up to a week.

But all week, I'll use a couple of Oz. of concentrate- add bottled water, good splash of lime, and a few teaspoons of honey and microwave into a tea.

I like mine "SPICY Hot" but if you like less spicy heat- use less ginger.

IT IS GOOD FOR WHATEVER AILS YOU!

CHEERS!

Decided To bring Jade out of retirement for a few things. Will be trying out a few recipes in the near future. From the looks of the forum, I don't see myself doing much more. I gave up hassling with politics and have felt better.

You didn't miss much. Every bit of ____ is all Biden's fault, but the vaccine credit goes to the ex-Covidiot-in-Chief. The #Jan6Seditionists are still muttering about civil war but have toned it down. Another psycho joined the angry, hangry spider's web but didn't last long. Just another chapter in the continuing saga of JPP Place. lol

The instapot is good for any slow cook dish. I made chicken paprikash, pulled pork, brisket, etc.

I have found that I don’t like my IP for slow cooking as much as I do my crockpot. The pulled pork in the IP just doesn’t seem to fall apart like it does in the slow cooker.

But, for shredded chicken to be used in salads, burritos, sandwiches, etc., the IP can’t be beat.

Hard boiled eggs
Beans
Rice

All great.

You also can’t beat it for yogurt. That’s perhaps my favorite.

Glad to see you're still alive. I was beginning to think the worst.
You haven't missed much here.

The only fun thing here is watching Gaetz be charged with having sex with a 'child'. As a Trump Cheerleader, Gaetz*deserves to be drug around the cow patch and beat with sticks. :)

Welcome back! So glad to see you.

Look here for yourself some suitable recipes of various kinds how-to-boil.com/eggs/ There are a lot of them here and you will surely find something interesting for yourself there.

Back