Jade's Recipe Exchange.

Care to share? I’m always looking for a great fudge recipe.

I think the best fudge I've ever had was Fantasy Fudge- made with a jar of Marshmellow Cream!

Here is a great recipe...

I have also made this recipe and adding a package of dried cherries to it for even a more Gourmet taste!

Last edited:
Care to share? I’m always looking for a great fudge recipe.
The best recipe is the fantasy fudge recipe.

https://iambaker.net/fantasy-fudge/

The key is using a candy thermometer and making sure you get the sugar mixture to 234 degrees or a little over and pull it off the stove immediately and stir the chocolate in. That is trick right there. Too soon and it's too soft, too long and it is hard like candy.

I even made some eggnog fudge, same recipe, just use eggnog in place of the evaporated milk and white chocolate instead of the brown chocolate. I put some Christmas sprinkles and a dusting of nutmeg on top, very good and different! But the chocolate fudge can't be beat either. Plus, it lasts a long time in a sealed container.

The key is using a candy thermometer and making sure you get the sugar mixture to 234 degrees or a little over and pull it off the stove immediately and stir the chocolate in. That is trick right there. Too soon and it's too soft, too long and it is hard like candy.

I even made some eggnog fudge, same recipe, just use eggnog in place of the evaporated milk and white chocolate instead of the brown chocolate. I put some Christmas sprinkles and a dusting of nutmeg on top, very good and different! But the chocolate fudge can't be beat either. Plus, it lasts a long time in a sealed container.
Thanks so much.

The eggnog sounds intriguing, I love eggnog.

Original Chatham Artillery Punch (Not for the squeamish!)

INGREDIENTS

8 lemons
    1 pound superfine sugar
  • 750-milliliter bottle bourbon or rye
  • 750-milliliter bottle Cognac
  • 750-milliliter bottle dark Jamaican rum
  • 3 bottles Champagne or other sparkling wine
  • Nutmeg

PREPARATION

• Squeeze and strain the lemons to make 16 ounces of juice. Peel the lemons and muddle the peels with the sugar. Let the peels and sugar sit for an hour, then muddle again. Add the lemon juice and stir until sugar has dissolved. Strain out the peels.
  • Fill a 2- to 3-gallon bucket or bowl with crushed ice or ice cubes. Add the lemon-sugar mixture and the bourbon, Cognac and rum. Stir and add the Champagne. Taste and adjust for sweetness. Grate nutmeg over the top and serve.
FlamboyantSeveralBarb-size_restricted.gif

Original Chatham Artillery Punch (Not for the squeamish!)

INGREDIENTS

8 lemons
    1 pound superfine sugar
  • 750-milliliter bottle bourbon or rye
  • 750-milliliter bottle Cognac
  • 750-milliliter bottle dark Jamaican rum
  • 3 bottles Champagne or other sparkling wine
  • Nutmeg

PREPARATION

• Squeeze and strain the lemons to make 16 ounces of juice. Peel the lemons and muddle the peels with the sugar. Let the peels and sugar sit for an hour, then muddle again. Add the lemon juice and stir until sugar has dissolved. Strain out the peels.
  • Fill a 2- to 3-gallon bucket or bowl with crushed ice or ice cubes. Add the lemon-sugar mixture and the bourbon, Cognac and rum. Stir and add the Champagne. Taste and adjust for sweetness. Grate nutmeg over the top and serve.
FlamboyantSeveralBarb-size_restricted.gif

I'll come to your party. When and where is it again? lol

Damn. You are the Candy Goddess!!

Ribs today. 3-2-1 method.

A light brushing of Dijon+Worcestershire and covered with a good dry pork rub.

Smoked with apple at 180 degrees for 3 hours.

Removed and wrapped in foil after brushing with a mixture of brown sugar, honey and apple juice. Two hours at 225 degrees.

Removed from foil and swabbed with a Sweet & Heat BBQ sauce. Returned to smoker at 250 degrees for one hour to finish. (Probably should have gone to 275)

You smoked something naked for 3 hours? :eek:

Back