Jade's Recipe Exchange.

I really can’t tell much difference between most pellets. The exceptions being hickory and mesquite. They have a stronger flavor. I usually smoke with a fruitwood. I do jerky with hickory or mesquite.

I have a batch of jerky on right now. I smoke it at 180 for about 2 1/2 hours. If the slices are still too pliable, I’ll toss them in the dehydrator for an hour or two.

BTW, on the crackers, one can do italian seasoning, or garlic/rosemary/onion powder, cheddar, etc. The vanilla flavor is do good, I’m doing more of those.

I tried hickory first because it was the only one that came in a small bag. Will try cherry and mesquite next. Thanks again!

I tried hickory first because it was the only one that came in a small bag. Will try cherry and mesquite next. Thanks again!

When I took the Master Traeger class, the only pellets the instructor used was 50/50 cherry/pecan. Pretty mild blend. No need to use just Traeger pellets. I have found that Lumberjack are great pellets at a much reduced price.

When I took the Master Traeger class, the only pellets the instructor used was 50/50 cherry/pecan. Pretty mild blend. No need to use just Traeger pellets. I have found that Lumberjack are great pellets at a much reduced price.
Cherry/pecan is my favorite! Thanks for heads up on Lumberjack

Cherry/pecan is my favorite! Thanks for heads up on Lumberjack

I’ve come to find out that most Traeger pellets are a base wood, either oak or alder, that are infused with flavored oils.

From a search:

“The base wood if you are on the west coast is alder and the east coast is oak.

Mesquite or Hickory 100% base wood (alder or oak) with flavor oils no actual Mesquite or Hickory wood in the pellet

Apple, Pecan or Cherry 70% base wood 30% Apple, Pecan or Cherry wood

Maple 100% Maple wood

Alder on the west coast is 100% Alder on east coast 70% oak 30% Alder

Oak on the east coast is 100% Oak on the west coast 70% Alder 30% Oak“

https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/new-info-on-whats-in-traeger-pellets.116254/

This recipe is fast and easy too! Just add a garden salad?!!

The classic steak and fries easily made right on a sheet pan on ONE PAN! Bake your fries first, then add the steaks! EASY!

https://damndelicious.net/2017/03/04/sheet-pan-steak-and-fries/

%255BUNSET%255D

Looks delicious. I'm going to try it.

Darn, I am not a sausage fan. Have you been feeling better lately?

With some things but others still are an issue. My sleep apnea issues has probably led to some of these issues. I've been ignoring it for over a decade since I can't use the damn machine. I decided to give it another go because apparently the machines are supposed to be easier to handle these days but suddenly they want another sleep study. It was scheduled around the 13th of this month. The doctor was going to be out of town that day and suddenly the appointment is now May 20th They already diagnosed me with severe sleep apnea back then so I'm an inch close to telling them to GFY. Only it seems to be a main root of my issues. I had no idea that sleep apnea increased your chance of fatty liver disease. On top of that, I have family history to worry about. The liver issues are likely to be causing all my inflammatory issues.

With some things but others still are an issue. My sleep apnea issues has probably led to some of these issues. I've been ignoring it for over a decade since I can't use the damn machine. I decided to give it another go because apparently the machines are supposed to be easier to handle these days but suddenly they want another sleep study. It was scheduled around the 13th of this month. The doctor was going to be out of town that day and suddenly the appointment is now May 20th They already diagnosed me with severe sleep apnea back then so I'm an inch close to telling them to GFY. Only it seems to be a main root of my issues. I had no idea that sleep apnea increased your chance of fatty liver disease. On top of that, I have family history to worry about. The liver issues are likely to be causing all my inflammatory issues.

I hope that when spring comes you'll have some of this sorted out and are feeling better.

First try. I made yogurt in my Instant Pot yesterday. Turned out pretty good. Very creamy and a little tangy. I like it a little thicker and tangier, so I’ll just ferment a couple hours longer.

A real no brainer to make. Probably 1/3 to 1/4 the cost of store yogurt.

Anyway, kinda fun to try.

First try. I made yogurt in my Instant Pot yesterday. Turned out pretty good. Very creamy and a little tangy. I like it a little thicker and tangier, so I’ll just ferment a couple hours longer.

A real no brainer to make. Probably 1/3 to 1/4 the cost of store yogurt.

Anyway, kinda fun to try.

Just keep a sharp lookout for the naked men on bicycles. They can ruin ANY recipe!

Back