Jade's Recipe Exchange.

Do you leave it in while cooking?

No. But it reads within about 2-3 seconds. If you want to constantly monitor the meat temperature, you can get a remote probe. Usually, the probe in the meat is plugged in to the reading unit with a cord. I think there may be Wi-Fi versions out there.

SHEET PAN STEAK AND FRIES

This recipe is fast and easy too! Just add a garden salad?!!

The classic steak and fries easily made right on a sheet pan on ONE PAN! Bake your fries first, then add the steaks! EASY!

https://damndelicious.net/2017/03/04/sheet-pan-steak-and-fries/

%255BUNSET%255D

What exactly is that?

You mix up salt (kosher usually) with water, heat it to dissolve the salt, then let it cool. Then put your cut of meat into the water and let it soak for an hour or more. Use a ceramic, plastic, glass, or Pyrex bowl, or a large closable plastic bag. You can add seasonings to the brine too. It's especially good before smoking the food.

No, I have not made this yet, and yes you leave the potatoes on the sheet while broiling the streaks too.

I haven't much cared for steaks done in the oven; if we have them in winter I usually do them on the stove top in a cast iron skillet. Or make poor Mr. Owl freeze his bippy off outside with the grill. lol

Let us know if you try this recipe, and how it turns out. If nothing else I bet the potatoes are great.

I haven't much cared for steaks done in the oven; if we have them in winter I usually do them on the stove top in a cast iron skillet. Or make poor Mr. Owl freeze his bippy off outside with the grill. lol

Let us know if you try this recipe, and how it turns out. If nothing else I bet the potatoes are great.

Cast iron is the best for awesome steak. Just add some good oil that can take the heat. Standby is grapeseed oil, but if you like Asian fare try Sesame oil. My favorite all time steak is the flat iron steak. Not a cut you get at the box store but it's just amazing in flavor and tenderness.

Last edited:
Cast iron is the best for awesome steak. Just add some good oil that can take the heat. Standby is grapeseed oil, but if you like Asian fare try Sesame oil. My favorite all time steak is the flat iron steak. Not a cut you get at the box store but it's just amazing in flavor and tenderness.

I do ours in a Cast Iron skillet,I can't think of a better way!

Not exactly a recipe, but I bought this at the store.
There is no way I am passing an opportunity to eat unicorn cereal.
6tjjBQa.jpg

Protein crackers. I worked on this as a healthy snack for my grandsons. They love them.

2 cups ground flaxseed
1 TBL agave nectar
1 scoop (1/3 cup) vanilla protein powder
2/3 cup water

Mix agave, water and protein first. Then add flaxseed. Thoroughly mix, form into a ball and refrigerate for 1/2 hour.

On parchment paper with wax paper on top, roll out the dough into thin sheets. I use paint stirrers as a depth gauge and a long dowel as my rolling pin. Score the sheet with a knife to desired size crackers. Perforate with a fork.

Place on a cookie sheet and bake at 375 for 30 minutes. Remove to cooling rack.

This makes about 30 crackers, which is about 3g protein per cracker. High fiber as well.

I use a similar recipe for dog treats because it’s high in omega-3 as well. I blend green beans and use that with water as my base with the ground flaxseed.

Protein crackers. I worked on this as a healthy snack for my grandsons. They love them.

2 cups ground flaxseed
1 TBL agave nectar
1 scoop (1/3 cup) vanilla protein powder
2/3 cup water

Mix agave, water and protein first. Then add flaxseed. Thoroughly mix, form into a ball and refrigerate for 1/2 hour.

On parchment paper with wax paper on top, roll out the dough into thin sheets. I use paint stirrers as a depth gauge and a long dowel as my rolling pin. Score the sheet with a knife to desired size crackers. Perforate with a fork.

Place on a cookie sheet and bake at 375 for 30 minutes. Remove to cooling rack.

This makes about 30 crackers, which is about 3g protein per cracker. High fiber as well.

I use a similar recipe for dog treats because it’s high in omega-3 as well. I blend green beans and use that with water as my base with the ground flaxseed.

Sounds tasty -- thanks! Glad you posted; reminds me to tell you that we got the pellet smoker thing and it's great for winter smoking. I don't much care for the flavor of the hickory pellets that I got though. Have you tried any of the other flavors? They have mesquite, cherry, etc.

Sounds tasty -- thanks! Glad you posted; reminds me to tell you that we got the pellet smoker thing and it's great for winter smoking. I don't much care for the flavor of the hickory pellets that I got though. Have you tried any of the other flavors? They have mesquite, cherry, etc.

I really can’t tell much difference between most pellets. The exceptions being hickory and mesquite. They have a stronger flavor. I usually smoke with a fruitwood. I do jerky with hickory or mesquite.

I have a batch of jerky on right now. I smoke it at 180 for about 2 1/2 hours. If the slices are still too pliable, I’ll toss them in the dehydrator for an hour or two.

BTW, on the crackers, one can do italian seasoning, or garlic/rosemary/onion powder, cheddar, etc. The vanilla flavor is do good, I’m doing more of those.

Make sure to smoke some fresh wurst and sausages and enjoy them for me. This ancestral German can't eat any for some time while I curve the fat intake. My mom always loved the German white brats but those might be too delicate for the smoke. If anyone is daring enough to make there own here's a recipe. http://mygerman.recipes/weisswurst-saussage-bavarian-specialty/

Back