Jade's Recipe Exchange.

I made something totally stupid easy the other night just on a lark that I never ever tried before. I took a box of Krusties honey cornbread mix and added about 3/4 of a can of apple pie filling, cut the apple slices up a little, added a big handful of raisins , a tablespoon of sugar, mixed it all up, put it in a pan and baked it. Pulled it out and buttered the top and then sprinkled just a small touch more sugar on top. MAN was that good! Next time I think im gonna chop up a few walnuts and add them all in too. Maybe even serve with a little whipped topping.

You have to remember....I an NO COOK! LOL Just something I have been experimenting with the last few years. I kind of enjoy it.

Prison food:

Beef Ramen noodles (Drained)
Smoked sausage (Good brand)
Ranch dressing
Chopped onions and/or sauerkraut and/or chopped green bell peppers. (your choice)
If you want to add veggies, be my guest.

Prison food:

Beef Ramen noodles (Drained)
Smoked sausage (Good brand)
Ranch dressing
Chopped onions and/or sauerkraut and/or chopped green bell peppers. (your choice)
If you want to add veggies, be my guest.

Well,....what did they FINALLY lock you up for? With you I could believe about anything! :laugh:

I LOVE cornbread. I want to try to make a breakfast cornbread in our big cast iron skillet . Add in some diced onion, pepper, cheese, and diced up breakfast sausage, already cooked . But how do I get the eggs in there? Can I just crack them over the top and let them BAKE in? WILL they bake in? Ive never BAKED an egg in my life! Hell,...Im not even sure it works! Ive never heard a soul order BAKED eggs in the morning at a Diner! :laugh:

Nuthin,....I just have never done it. In fact I can barely cook at all. I just throw stuff together that I think sounds good and believe it or not most of the time it is.

LOL. I am the same way. But from time to time I take the time to cook a good meal. I always surprise myself since I've always thought I stunk at cooking.

LOL. I am the same way. But from time to time I take the time to cook a good meal. I always surprise myself since I've always thought I stunk at cooking.

I make a mean meatloaf. And a fantastic beef roast. I love the meatloaf though. Next day I heat it back up, put a slice on GOOD bread with some cheese and ketchup, make a sammich out of it....OHHHHH MAN! :good4u:

I make a mean meatloaf. And a fantastic beef roast. I love the meatloaf though. Next day I heat it back up, put it on GOOD bread with some cheese and ketchup,....OHHHHH MAN! :good4u:

You have a slow cooker or crockpot that you plug in? Smoked sausage, cabbage, potatoes, carrots, and I forgot other things. Slow cook it for 6 hours.

You have a slow cooker or crockpot that you plug in? Smoked sausage, cabbage, potatoes, carrots, and I forgot other things. Slow cook it for 6 hours.

We have one....sounds pretty good. Sometimes I make Jambalaya with smoked sausage! Pretty good too!

I LOVE cornbread. I want to try to make a breakfast cornbread in our big cast iron skillet . Add in some diced onion, pepper, cheese, and diced up breakfast sausage, already cooked . But how do I get the eggs in there? Can I just crack them over the top and let them BAKE in? WILL they bake in? Ive never BAKED an egg in my life! Hell,...Im not even sure it works! Ive never heard a soul order BAKED eggs in the morning at a Diner! :laugh:

Cornbread already has eggs in it. I dunno about adding more. Ever throw some diced up jalapeno in it? YUM!

Yep, sure have. I made a whole Mexican casserole and poured cornbread mix over the top then baked it. It was very good.

a58.jpg

Back