Jade's Recipe Exchange.

I purchased an Instant Pot recently. Anyone have a favorite recipe?

I've made brisket, but that's about it. Just cut a 3 pounder, or slightly more, in half to fit, rub on choice seasoning, and add a can of good beer. I used a rye pale ale, Rosemary, dried lemon peel, Hawaiian rum salt, and black pepper. I would have used some chili powder, or liquid smoke of some kind, but Mom can't stand them in foods. It was in a 6 quart model, and took about 70 - 80 minutes on pressure cook. You can make a cornstarch slurry, and turn the broth into gravy. I got the beer part from another recipe, and just added what I want.

I imagine my red wine short ribs would do good in the cooker, but I normally like just doing those low, and slow. I think I left that recipe in the early stages of this discussion.

I've made brisket, but that's about it. Just cut a 3 pounder, or slightly more, in half to fit, rub on choice seasoning, and add a can of good beer. I used a rye pale ale, Rosemary, dried lemon peel, Hawaiian rum salt, and black pepper. I would have used some chili powder, or liquid smoke of some kind, but Mom can't stand them in foods. It was in a 6 quart model, and took about 70 - 80 minutes on pressure cook. You can make a cornstarch slurry, and turn the broth into gravy. I got the beer part from another recipe, and just added what I want.

I imagine my red wine short ribs would do good in the cooker, but I normally like just doing those low, and slow. I think I left that recipe in the early stages of this discussion.

Thanks.

Last week, I attended the traveling Traeger Diva road show. We had a spatchcocked chicken, pulled pork, rib eye steaks, and the best brisket I have ever had. Competition level. I’ll try it one of these first days, but it is a 12+ hour cook. His brisket started at 17 pounds!

Corned beef is brined for about a week in the fridge, isn't it?

Corned Beef of the quality I was use to in Toledo is hard to find here in the Country.
Toledo had a big Jewish population,a lot of Jewish Deli's with Corned Beef to die for.
That quality is just not down here.I got some from the only deli in town.Was terrible ,the baloney was better quality.

Thanks Jade!

I most definitely can use additional recipes for my Instant Pot, I've made Carnitas a few times, BBQ Ribs (with and without bones), pork roasts, chuck roast, pulled pork and that's pretty much it. These recipes will expand my Instant Pot repitouire.

Mama’s Fried Chicken

https://www.southernliving.com/recipes/mamas-fried-chicken

coolest-delicious-clipart-delecious-clipart-clipground-delicious-clipart.png

6EEF2007-16DC-4C45-B17D-D9B52EB809F2.jpg

Not sure how well this will show up.

Pork loin butterflied flat. Generous portions of my dry rub then stuffed with bacon, smoked gouda cheese and sauteed green apple and green onions. Rolled and tied. On the smoker for two hours at 225. Then finished with an apricot glaze . Pulled off at 142.

View attachment 8110

Not sure how well this will show up.

Pork loin butterflied flat. Generous portions of my dry rub then stuffed with bacon, smoked gouda cheese and sauteed green apple and green onions. Rolled and tied. On the smoker for two hours at 225. Then finished with an apricot glaze . Pulled off at 142.

That looks and sounds delicious.

Back