Jade's Recipe Exchange.

Hey guys, missed you all... well, most of you. lol Hope you all have a wonderful holiday season -- and that you manage NOT to punch that opposite-politics relative in the face at the dinner table. That's what the garage is for.

Hey guys, missed you all... well, most of you. lol Hope you all have a wonderful holiday season -- and that you manage NOT to punch that opposite-politics relative in the face at the dinner table. That's what the garage is for.

Welcome back. Hopefully none of the other Annonymi will attempt to punch me in the paper bag, because I know kung-fu.

Looks like you had the same thought as me. With Thanksgiving coming around, I need to go back to the recipe exchange. We bought a small turkey, and we plan on using the butter under the skin method of roasting, for crispy skin. I decided just a very basic seasoning of dried lemon peel, salt, and sage. Roast some sweet potatoes, and russets. We also plan to cook some cranberries, and fresh pears, but I swear it's going to need nutmeg, or some kind of spice. Just got a frozen pie to stick in the oven. It's mixed berry, with a lemon pie crust.

Looks like you had the same thought as me. With Thanksgiving coming around, I need to go back to the recipe exchange. We bought a small turkey, and we plan on using the butter under the skin method of roasting, for crispy skin. I decided just a very basic seasoning of dried lemon peel, salt, and sage. Roast some sweet potatoes, and russets. We also plan to cook some cranberries, and fresh pears, but I swear it's going to need nutmeg, or some kind of spice. Just got a frozen pie to stick in the oven. It's mixed berry, with a lemon pie crust.

This year, we're doing two turkeys. The traditional one in the oven and one on my smoker.

I'll brine it in the morning and remove it late Thursday morning. I'll spatchcock it, which will allow it to cook more evenly and faster. Rub with butter and a nice poultry rub and into the smoker for a few hours. Looking forward to it!

Happy Thanksgiving, enjoy your day.

Happy Thanksgiving, enjoy your day.

Thanksgiving turned out great. I whipped the lemon peel, and sage into butter, and mom lathered it under the skin. I sprinkled a little more on top, and even splurged with a little truffle salt. My favorite part was the compote I made on the fly. I didn't use spice, I used a shot of yummy amaretto liqueur. Mom talked me into using less sugar then I thought, and it did stay way too tart. I didn't want to add more granulated sugar at this stage, so I added two spoonfuls of Washington apple blossom honey. It was perfect after that.

Thanksgiving turned out great. I whipped the lemon peel, and sage into butter, and mom lathered it under the skin. I sprinkled a little more on top, and even splurged with a little truffle salt. My favorite part was the compote I made on the fly. I didn't use spice, I used a shot of yummy amaretto liqueur. Mom talked me into using less sugar then I thought, and it did stay way too tart. I didn't want to add more granulated sugar at this stage, so I added two spoonfuls of Washington apple blossom honey. It was perfect after that.
Sounds so delicious.

Welcome back! I missed you too. Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope you had a good one as well! I'm not back for real, just wanted to check in, say hello, let my favorite folk know that the rumors of my death were greatly exaggerated. (Much to the disgust of my toxic fan club, of course.)

My 50+ year involvement with politics, activism, and citizenship continues unabated. Disengaging from daily wallowing in the toxic mire with the Reichwing swine though has done good things for my mood and health. I applaud you heroes who continue to battle the forces of Orange, Stupid, Traitorism, and Hate! Good luck!

You must be a fantastic chef!

I hope you had a good one as well! I'm not back for real, just wanted to check in, say hello, let my favorite folk know that the rumors of my death were greatly exaggerated. (Much to the disgust of my toxic fan club, of course.)

My 50+ year involvement with politics, activism, and citizenship continues unabated. Disengaging from daily wallowing in the toxic mire with the Reichwing swine though has done good things for my mood and health. I applaud you heroes who continue to battle the forces of Orange, Stupid, Traitorism, and Hate! Good luck!

Take Care, Owl.
I think your mood and health will be better off by disengaging with JPP. Even supposed 'Lefty' folk like 'NiftyNiblet' and 'guno' have embraced the usual conservative religious concept of 'HATE'. I've never seen a Progressive take that position, but ... here it is.

Don't be a stranger. :sad: The national horror story won't last forever. Bookmark this site to make yourself feel better.

trump countdown clock

As of this writing only 786 days, 18878 hours, 1132695 minutes and 67961717 seconds until VA Day!

I will miss your posts.

My strategy is to pretty much only read posters who are intelligent, erudite, entertaining, funny, well spoken, and/or insightful. That is a good use of my time here.

And you know what that means? It means I mostly limit myself to reading liberal posters.

The internet taught me years ago that - for some weird reason - most conservatives tend to be stupid, not very well spoken, not funny, not entertaining, pathologically dishonest, resentful, and generally just completely boring.

I will miss your posts.

My strategy is to pretty much only read posters who are intelligent, erudite, entertaining, funny, well spoken, and/or insightful. That is a good use of my time here.

And you know what that means? It means I mostly limit myself to reading liberal posters.

The internet taught me years ago that - for some weird reason - most conservatives tend to be stupid, not very well spoken, not funny, not entertaining, pathologically dishonest, resentful, and generally just completely boring.

Yes. Thinking back, reminiscing, remembering all those Owl sex stories about hot wax, nipple clamps, paddles, blindfolds, and 9" strap-ons was, well, 'interesting'. I don't remember Owl talking much about Politics, but I do remember her lurid and tawdry 'Sexcapades' that she would dwell on.

Maybe it's just me, but I always felt this was just a 'testing ground' for her 'Tales of Debauchery' before she would actually publish her Series of 'Feminist Erotic Literature' Books.

I really wouldn't know. I'm probably just the casual home cook.

I think she meant 'for a guy'. Like, my cooking stops at 'hot dogs and beans (out of a can)'.

Every responsible parent always instructs their daughters "The Way to a Man's Heart is Through His Stomach". These are Wise and Foolproof Lessons from Past Generations.

I think she meant 'for a guy'. Like, my cooking stops at 'hot dogs and beans (out of a can)'.

Every responsible parent always instructs their daughters "The Way to a Man's Heart is Through His Stomach". These are Wise and Foolproof Lessons from Past Generations.

Slid spatula under burger,lift and flip!

Back