Jade's Recipe Exchange.

Wanted you to see this..

Reese Witherspoon's Chicken Pot Pie Casserole tasteofhome.com

Finally, I placed the sheet of puff pastry over the top of the dish. It took about 35 minutes of baking, but the puff pastry turned golden brown and the inside of the pot pie was bubbling deliciousness. (I recommend putting a cookie sheet on the bottom rack to catch any of the tasty goodness that might escape during cooking. It will prevent you having to clean the oven later. You’re welcome!)

Good advice on the pepper. This looks delicious. I made a smoked chicken last week when the weather was mild; the leftovers would be great in this.

I dunno, Cypress, something just doesn't sound too good about that. How do you toast milk, anyways?

It is delicious! It is basically just a liquid type of yogurt.

I just buy the commercial product and have never made it myself, but it has something to do with baking the milk in the oven until it basically carmalizes, forming a thin brown cruse. Obviously, fermentation is involved as well. It has a slightly sweet, light caramel flavor in the finished product.

It is delicious! It is basically just a liquid type of yogurt.

I just buy the commercial product and have never made it myself, but it has something to do with baking the milk in the oven until it basically carmalizes, forming a thin brown cruse. Obviously, fermentation is involved as well. It has a slightly sweet, light caramel flavor in the finished product.

You may have mine. lol I'm not a yogurt fan either.

What are you guys doing for New Year's Eve? Got any traditions?

I just spend a quite evening at home on New Years.

I have been told that in the old country, the tradition is that Ded Moroz (Grandfather Frost) and Snegurochka (the Snow Maiden) bring presents on New Years eve rather than Christmas eve .

I just spend a quite evening at home on New Years.

I have been told that in the old country, the tradition is that Ded Moroz (Grandfather Frost) and Snegurochka (the Snow Maiden) bring presents on New Years eve rather than Christmas eve .

Over here I think they just bring hangovers. lol

We don't go out or party either. New Year's Day is reserved for The Big Meal. I still haven't decided between a roast turkey, or ribs in the smoker. It's supposed to snow quite a bit so we're probably going with the bird.

We don't go out or party either. New Year's Day is reserved for The Big Meal. I still haven't decided between a roast turkey, or ribs in the smoker. It's supposed to snow quite a bit so we're probably going with the bird.
Yum, either will be scrumptious.

You're right, but damn... ribs. My patented potato salad. Home-made baked beans. Devilish eggs. Corn on cob. July in January!

Are you guys planning anything?
I’m on the way to your place...

Laying low, probably just a snuggle evening to count our blessings. The kids have plans and we old people stay home now, we did our time at the parties. I cooked myself into a coma, lol

We leave again on the 20th for AZ.

Also, July in January, isn’t that why we have all these winter celebrations, keep us from crazy? It’s not as necessary in Texas as it is in Alaska and your neck of the woods.

sounds great!

I am not a huge fan of alchohol, but I really like to eat!

I think we have a ham my so is going to make. Enjoy your feast!

sounds great!

I am not a huge fan of alchohol, but I really like to eat!

I think we have a ham my so is going to make. Enjoy your feast!
I am a fan of both but I’ve always been a light weight. I have two, four if I’m really partying and then I have to stop or I pay the next day.

I have become a fan of Cava or Perseco, lately.

I’m on the way to your place...
Laying low, probably just a snuggle evening to count our blessings. The kids have plans and we old people stay home now, we did our time at the parties. I cooked myself into a coma, lol

Don't miss those partying years either. My favorite New Year's Eve by far was 1999's.... remember Y2K?

We leave again on the 20th for AZ.

You're such a nice person. How are your AK fam members doing post-quake?

Don't miss those partying years either. My favorite New Year's Eve by far was 1999's.... remember Y2K?

You're such a nice person. How are your AK fam members doing post-quake?
Thanks. She was good to me when I had cancer. They are still having quakes, everyone has PTSD. I hope it all gets settled soon and back to less noticeable quakes.

Thanks. She was good to me when I had cancer. They are still having quakes, everyone has PTSD. I hope it all gets settled soon and back to less noticeable quakes.

Can't even imagine how awful that must be. Makes me want to buy a used ice cream truck and motor up and down the streets selling popsicles with Ativan or happy herb juice inside. Would make a fortune! lol

Can't even imagine how awful that must be. Makes me want to buy a used ice cream truck and motor up and down the streets selling popsicles with Ativan or happy herb juice inside. Would make a fortune! lol
Lol! I bet the herb use has increased! You would make a fortune.

I am a fan of both but I’ve always been a light weight. I have two, four if I’m really partying and then I have to stop or I pay the next day.

I have become a fan of Cava or Perseco, lately.

Outstanding. Everything in moderation, eh?
I really like the occasional beer, wine, sometimes vodka.

I just had to tone it down over the years. I really do not want to get one of those beer guts that seem so ubiquitous in Trump's slack jawed, white trash base!

I'm planning a meal, and celebration with the neighbors. It was for Christmas, but they had something else come up. I already decided on my food. Fresh made roast beef, Chicken paprikash, with egg noodles, mac n cheese, fruit compote, salad with mixed greens, and fixings, beer, and wine from vacation, and dessert to be determined.

Back